Sony 950G vs LG C9 - 40k price difference

LG C9 vs Sony 950G (LG being 40k more expensive)

• LG C9

Votes: 31 49.2%
  • Sony 950G

Votes: 32 50.8%

• Total voters
I considered the Sony before picking C9 55" b in Jan. Honestly OLED and LED TVs comparison is not correct. Pick an OLED, you will love the content esp DV and HDR will be awesome. I use my TV in bright room and I don't really see any issue with viewing. Night time the content shines on the TV.

Thanks...The TV delivery was delayed...My society wasnt letting delivery guys in. So now in lockdown 4.0, they have allowed the delivery. So i am expecting it to receive by today / tomorrow

Sony launched FALD models in urop very affordable. May be that's why they have dropped price.
Forbes: Sony’s New Full-Array Televisions Will Go On Sale This Month.

1.6.....No offers on Sony. The upgrade is worth it + I dont have to worry about my viewing patterns...May be will try calibrating it at home to see if i can minimize the blooming in subtitles

which store you bought it in Bangalore and how about installation ?

Good tool to compare TV's, exhaustive parameters comparison.

Whatever they say I cannot agree with rtings on one thing. They always recommend warm2 for OLED white balance. I always see whites in a yellow tone with the warm 2. I got 3 times my display exchanged and also had tried this on showroom TVs. Warm 2 in my opinion is yellowish. Not pure white. I set it on medium. To me that’s the place where I find a white paper looks white.

they say 6500k is the temperature film makers use. Agreed. Then if I keep it at a neutral place, I would still see the intentional warmth of film makers filters and at times when it goes back to neutral or cold tone it makes a dramatic shift. But with warm, everything is still warm. Example : game of thrones swing between the desert like scenes in yellow tone and the blue tone of Winterfell.In warm 2, everything is too warm that the Winterfell scenes are not blueish. also with white peoples skin tones, I can pick up more variance in skin color on medium setting than warm 2. Warm 2 normalizes everything to a warm tone. How can it be a reference ?

Whatever they say I cannot agree with rtings on one thing. They always recommend warm2 for OLED white balance. I always see whites in a yellow tone with the warm 2.

Interesting point of view. I have a LG OLED.

Almost all reviewers start with a warm setting since that’s closer to the D65 white point. I guess a good white point is the basis of rich colours. Choosing a wrong one will throw off colours. Obviously, when you go from warm 2 to warm 1 there is too much blue and picture sheds that cinematic feel.

I always use warm 2 for SDR movies. I am watching a movie now, switching back and forth between the two, warm 2 looks “correct” to me :) Surely, any extra warmth can be adjusted using the 2 point white balance controls.

Good to see such discussion. I am no expert just an enthusiast, so do correct if I am wrong.

Almost all reviewers start with a warm setting since that’s closer to the D65 white point. I guess a good white point is the basis of rich colours. Choosing a wrong one will throw off colours. Obviously, when you go from warm 2 to warm 1 there is too much blue and picture sheds that cinematic feel.

I always use warm 2 for SDR movies. I am watching a movie now, switching back and forth between the two, warm 2 looks “correct” to me :) Surely, any extra warmth can be adjusted using the 2 point white balance controls.

Good to see such discussion. I am no expert just an enthusiast, so do correct if I am wrong.

even i also experienced same and my settings changed from warm2 to medium which looks fine for me.. what 2 point white balance controls will do ?

Yes, that’s what I am saying, the d65 color point is what they say accurate white. To my eyes, with a 100 percent white YouTube video or plain white image it appears yellowish. May be it varies a bit from panel to panel, but I had 3 panels which produces accurate white to my eyes on medium than on warm 2. I have a iPhone 11 Pro Max which as per reviews is well calibrated. Also, have a Samsung s10. The videos taken on them, when copied and played via usb appears very close to the apples display closely on medium than the warm 2. May be it’s a matter of preference. Anyway all my presets are identical with just varying level of oled so that I can just switch between them according to the ambient light. One of them is warm2 when I feel like “I must follow rtings” :)

This is not the right way to do it but hopefully the difference between Medium and Warm 2 is visible. Max out the brightness on whatever device you are viewing and disable True Tone on Apple devices.

Medium is a bit cooler. Warm 2 has that nice film feel to it.

5620683A-F49D-40BE-A821-BE3791BB4E31.jpeg5F9B3013-6DD8-4569-B068-EC9B56760CA9.jpeg

May be it’s a matter of preference. Anyway all my presets are identical with just varying level of oled so that I can just switch between them according to the ambient light. One of them is warm2 when I feel like “I must follow rtings” :)

True that. Set it to what as per viewer preference. Some prefer Standard for movies which is perfectly understandable. Just don’t go extra dynamic :)

even i also experienced same and my settings changed from warm2 to medium which looks fine for me.. what 2 point white balance controls will do ?
2 point WB, High Blue to -8.
I watch plenty movies so took some time to experiment with 20 point WB.
Tried different settings from various forums, used Disney WoW disc for minor adjustments and tweaked a bit for what I felt are good looking pictures.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back