Sony 950G vs LG C9 - 40k price difference

LG C9 vs Sony 950G (LG being 40k more expensive)

• LG C9

Votes: 31 49.2%
  • Sony 950G

Votes: 32 50.8%

• Total voters
This is not the right way to do it but hopefully the difference between Medium and Warm 2 is visible. Max out the brightness on whatever device you are viewing and disable True Tone on Apple devices.

Medium is a bit cooler. Warm 2 has that nice film feel to it.

View attachment 47147View attachment 47148
Yes, subjectively warm 2 is more appealing. Then again, white skin hues, like slightly pinkish , slightly yellowish are all normalized with warm 2. If white is perfectly white it can shift to any color perfectly imo. But if whites are yellow, there is a yellow filter which masks subtle yellow to magenta variation. Anyway, it’s preference. But aim was to get accurate colors and not a filter. So, I decided not to follow the usual route. I tried some photos and videos taken on my Nikon dslr which is also having a neutral white point. With warm it’s a filter to my eyes than medium which can make green really green now yellowish green. But again, sometimes I like warm over neutral. For example the Xbox pubg Version has some not so natural colors anyway. I keep it at warm 2 so I feel like a soldier in a movie like black hawk down ;)

the play statsion version has that warmer hue by default ;) I tried ps4 version also on the same tv

2 point WB, High Blue to -8.
I watch plenty movies so took some time to experiment with 20 point WB.
Tried different settings from various forums, used Disney WoW disc for minor adjustments and tweaked a bit for what I felt are good looking pictures.

what is the SDR brightness settings... sometimes i feel TV is low brightness for contents played from Prime/Youtube

what is the SDR brightness settings... sometimes i feel TV is low brightness for contents played from Prime/Youtube

Depends on your viewing environment - well lit, light controlled, direct light on the panel, etc.

I usually set between 60 and 75 for day time. You can max out as well.

Post your room details and also current settings. People here are helpful. You have a C9?

Depends on your viewing environment - well lit, light controlled, direct light on the panel, etc.

I usually set between 60 and 75 for day time. You can max out as well.

Post your room details and also current settings. People here are helpful. You have a C9?

Yes 65C9 . . light controlled room.. my settings were

Picture mode : standard
Oled brightness:85
Brightness : 61
contrast : 55
Peak brightnes: low

and all other picture setting were off as of now

Try ISF Bright Room with Peak Brightness set to High. Turn off any AI and Energy Saving/Eco mode.

OLED light: 85
Brightness : 50-52
Contrast: 85
Gamma: 2.2

Report back if you see any improvements.

Yes 65C9 . . light controlled room.. my settings were

Picture mode : standard
Oled brightness:85
Brightness : 61
contrast : 55
Peak brightnes: low

and all other picture setting were off as of now
Omg brightness at 61? It’s way to high and totally destroys the black level. Why do u have peak brightness set to low if uwant more bright image? Brightness is black levels and it has to be at correct values. It varies panel to panel but will be within 48-52 for sure and not more then that. Well this isn’t the right thread please let’s continue in c9 user thread.

This is my Sony X900f quality with compressed prime video HD

its brilliant ..especially sony's new color science is unbeatable.. best part of sony is humans look humans ..not like 3D robots in lg,samsung.

X950G will be good choice... or wait for new launch of 55X950H

Hi, does anyone know if Sony will launch X90H in India? Its already out in US & Europe and I didnt get an informative response from Sony India on the availability of this model in India.

Hi, does anyone know if Sony will launch X90H in India? Its already out in US & Europe and I didnt get an informative response from Sony India on the availability of this model in India.

Went to Vijay Sales over the weekend and he said it is (X900H) coming soon and gave me pricing as well of 1,29,990 and 189,990 for 55" and 65" respectively. I am not sure what his source was as I tried to confirm the same from Sony Authorized center but they had no information on X90H not smaller size on X95H.

Went to Vijay Sales over the weekend and he said it is (X900H) coming soon and gave me pricing as well of 1,29,990 and 189,990 for 55" and 65" respectively. I am not sure what his source was as I tried to confirm the same from Sony Authorized center but they had no information on X90H not smaller size on X95H.

Thanks Sidz, this is really helpful. Plan to get a mid range TV before PS5 comes out in November. Was hoping for 55X90H to be priced under 1 lac in India given its just $999 in USA. Otherwise, would go for Sony X95G, Samsung The Frame 2020/Q70R or LG SM9000. Would be amazing if I can get any of these TVs under 75k during Diwali sale. Not considering OLED because I dont want to babysit my TV usage.

Let me know if you have suggestions.

Cheers

Thanks Sidz, this is really helpful. Plan to get a mid range TV before PS5 comes out in November. Was hoping for 55X90H to be priced under 1 lac in India given its just $999 in USA. Otherwise, would go for Sony X95G, Samsung The Frame 2020/Q70R or LG SM9000. Would be amazing if I can get any of these TVs under 75k during Diwali sale. Not considering OLED because I dont want to babysit my TV usage.

Let me know if you have suggestions.

Cheers
X95g for 75k is being very optimistic. However Frame should be within that price range with offers.

X95g for 75k is being very optimistic. However Frame should be within that price range with offers.

Haha I know :p From what it looks like:

Sony X95G would be 87-90k given you can already find it for 1L at some offline stores
Samsung Q70R would be 80-82k given its already 94k on Vijay Sales website
Frame should be 75k with discounts and
SM9000 probably around 70-75k as well

Except for The Frame, availability will also be key since all the other models that I have mentioned are from 2019.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back