Sony 950G vs LG C9 - 40k price difference

LG C9 vs Sony 950G (LG being 40k more expensive)

• LG C9

Votes: 31 49.2%
  • Sony 950G

Votes: 32 50.8%

• Total voters
Don't bash me for it, but I took a side by side demo of Q80R and 950G, found Q80R to be better. It came as a surprise to me as I always felt 950G is a class apart.
Q80R is indeed a very good option. I could have gotten it and saved some money of only it supported Dolby Vision. So had to go with C9

Don't bash me for it, but I took a side by side demo of Q80R and 950G, found Q80R to be better. It came as a surprise to me as I always felt 950G is a class apart.

This is quite possible since Q80R is also much more expensive than X950G in India. Q80R sits between X950G & Q90R from what I have seen

Naturally, since q80r have better contrast ratio, less blooming, better FALD, wider viewing angle, and superb anti-reflective screen.
Although sony may have better color and motion handling.

I was also quoted 1.52L for 65" Samsung Q70R and 1.55L for 65" Sony X9500G

Stock for Sony is very limited and I have to make a decision fast if I am planning to go Sony's way. Hopefully will be finalizing it in coming few days.

Any suggestions for the above 2?

1.52L for 65" Samsung Q70R and 1.55L for 65" Sony X9500G

I got 1.62 as lowest for 950g. From all the reviews, specs and happiness quotient of people, that is justifiable price. Have you seen both the TVs in person?

If not, do that and pick the TV which suits your and your family's eyes the most. I do feel that Samsung Q series are a very good TVs. I personally was not very exicted with 950G, even though I am a sort of a Sony fanboy!

Stock for Sony is very limited and I have to make a decision fast if I am planning to go Sony's way. Hopefully will be finalizing it in coming few days.

You should target 1.3L or even lower for 65q70r.
1.4L is their corporate offer price.

Depends on your needs. If you are not going to watch the TV from an angle and most viewing will be directly head on, then Sony is better option plus it had Dolby Vision support.

However, if the room and sitting positions are spread out wide, then Q70R is the way to go.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back