Sony 950G vs LG C9 - 40k price difference

LG C9 vs Sony 950G (LG being 40k more expensive)

• LG C9

Votes: 31 49.2%
  • Sony 950G

Votes: 32 50.8%

• Total voters
I was also quoted 1.52L for 65" Samsung Q70R and 1.55L for 65" Sony X9500G

Stock for Sony is very limited and I have to make a decision fast if I am planning to go Sony's way. Hopefully will be finalizing it in coming few days.

Any suggestions for the above 2?

If you are getting them both at the same price, then my pick would be Sony because of better overall picture quality, better upscaling and Dolby Vision support. Viewing angles would be similar for them since both of them are VA panels.
Sony's operating system is Android compared to Samsung's Tizen. A lot of people favour Android due to wide availability of apps.

If you are into heavy console gaming, then you might prefer Samsung's lower input lag and other additional features like VRR, ALLM etc.

If you are getting them both at the same price, then my pick would be Sony because of better overall picture quality, better upscaling and Dolby Vision support. Viewing angles would be similar for them since both of them are VA panels.
Sony's operating system is Android compared to Samsung's Tizen. A lot of people favour Android due to wide availability of apps.

If you are into heavy console gaming, then you might prefer Samsung's lower input lag and other additional features like VRR, ALLM etc.
While both are VA panels, viewing angles on Q70R are much better due to its special wide angle filter

When i was evaluating between C9 and 950G , my External harddisc of 2TB didnt got recognised by 950G in multiple show rooms , they told may be software update will fix this issue. any one tried this..?

Hey guys, I have two quotes these are the best I could get in my city:

Samsung q70r 55" - 90k
Sony X950g 55" - 1.12L

There are no better offers have checked around with all possible offline stores. I am leaning towards the q70r because I personally feel will be a better choice given my requirement which is more of dark room watching and gaming.

The x950g is a brilliant TV but a bit worried about the blooming issue during dark scenes mentioned in reviews (Av forum and HDTV channel) and by users. On top the price is just not coming down as it is still at 20k more than the q70r.

Should I go with the q70r with this price?

When i was evaluating between C9 and 950G , my External harddisc of 2TB didnt got recognised by 950G in multiple show rooms , they told may be software update will fix this issue. any one tried this..?

That's weird. I could able to connect my 3tb WD passport with Sony x9000f without any issues. And playing 4k HDR remux files(~50-90GB) flawlessly. Sony x950g supposed to play same and it should be better. Coz Sony x950g have the latest chipset than x9000f. Did you try connecting with other Sony 4k tvs?

Nope
That's weird. I could able to connect my 3tb WD passport with Sony x9000f without any issues. And playing 4k HDR remux files(~50-90GB) flawlessly. Sony x950g supposed to play same and it should be better. Coz Sony x950g have the latest chipset than x9000f. Did you try connecting with other Sony 4k tvs?
nope i was evaluating 950g and c9 , so didnt checked fruther.

It was bit surprise foe me too , i was having 5 year old Sony TV , where i was using same harddisk.

Went to Vijay Sales over the weekend and he said it is (X900H) coming soon and gave me pricing as well of 1,29,990 and 189,990 for 55" and 65" respectively. I am not sure what his source was as I tried to confirm the same from Sony Authorized center but they had no information on X90H not smaller size on X95H.
1.9 lakh for 65 inch is expensive considering you can get 65 inch of x950g at 1.7 lakh which is a better tv on all fronts (except gaming).

1.9 lakh for 65 inch is expensive considering you can get 65 inch of x950g at 1.7 lakh which is a better tv on all fronts (except gaming).

Is it that bad for gaming? I am a planning to buy the PS5 when it launches.

PS5 will have 2 major features a) VRR and b) 4k 120 fps. So, in future when games will come with Variable fps and 4k 120 fps, pS5 can play them accordingly . Now coming to the tv, it is not at all bad for gaming but it would not suppot vrr and 4k 120 fps because it does not have hdmi 2.1 port. So even if you will have PS5 and a game with VRR and 4k 120 fps, the tv will only display the game without vrr and at 4k 60fps. If you are fine with 4k 60 fps it would work just fine. If you are planning for buying PS5 to avail and utilize the said features then x950g is not for you. Wait for x900h or go with lg oleds/samsung high end which already have hdmi 2.1 port. However, if you do not want those additional features go for x950g, at current prices it is a very good tv.

Next Gen games will support upto 4k@120 fps, that said very few (very very few) games will touch those specs and most of them will be indie titles. The major exclusives & AAAs will still max out at 4k@60 fps or 2k@120 fps which the X950G will deliver really well.

HDMI 2.1 is a good to have feature from a future proofing POV but I dont think the next gen consoles will take full advantage. Lack of it ideally should not sway you away from a television you otherwise like.

Cheers

Next Gen games will support upto 4k@120 fps, that said very few (very very few) games will touch those specs and most of them will be indie titles. The major exclusives & AAAs will still max out at 4k@60 fps or 2k@120 fps which the X950G will deliver really well.

HDMI 2.1 is a good to have feature from a future proofing POV but I dont think the next gen consoles will take full advantage. Lack of it ideally should not sway you away from a television you otherwise like.

Cheers
agree with you, ask anyone from the PC gaming scene & they will laugh at you if you say the PS5 or Xbox series X can do 4k @ 120hz for AAA games. There is no video card in the PC market capable for doing that, even a 15 Teraflop card can't do that for AAA games. So if you cut the Hype down, most of the games on next gen consoles will be 4k@ 60 fps. Except for few indie games which most gamers don't care about anyways.
The updated version of the Next Gen consoles might just might hit that 4k @120 target but that is at least 3-4 years away.

Cheers.

agree with you, ask anyone from the PC gaming scene & they will laugh at you if you say the PS5 or Xbox series X can do 4k @ 120hz for AAA games. There is no video card in the PC market capable for doing that, even a 15 Teraflop card can't do that for AAA games. So if you cut the Hype down, most of the games on next gen consoles will be 4k@ 60 fps. Except for few indie games which most gamers don't care about anyways.
The updated version of the Next Gen consoles might just might hit that 4k @120 target but that is at least 3-4 years away.

Cheers.

Exactly, even 4k@60 fps is a step up for next gen given most of the AAA titles were locked at 30 fps. People are overestimating the need for HDMI 2.1 right now and TV companies are taking full advantage of that.

Guys what do you say between Q80R and X95G ( for DTH, Movies and OTT contents but no gaming)? And what's the best price one can get currently for a 65" model of them?

Thanks.

Guys what do you say between Q80R and X95G ( for DTH, Movies and OTT contents but no gaming)? And what's the best price one can get currently for a 65" model of them?

Thanks.
80R is overall better than x950g but is more expensive too. It has deeper blacks and good FALD system. There is a difference of 60 odd thousand between the both at 65 inches. You have to look at both of them and then decide for yourself if the difference in pq justify that in price. I think x950g at current prices beats q80r. There is a comparison video between q90r (samsungs flagship and upgrade to q80r) and x95g on youtube at a channel HDtvtest.

Thanks.
If it's not a bright room and you don't have direct lights shining on the screen, C9 should be a cheaper than Q80R

80R is overall better than x950g but is more expensive too. It has deeper blacks and good FALD system. There is a difference of 60 odd thousand between the both at 65 inches. You have to look at both of them and then decide for yourself if the difference in pq justify that in price. I think x950g at current prices beats q80r. There is a comparison video between q90r (samsungs flagship and upgrade to q80r) and x95g on youtube at a channel HDtvtest.
Thanks bud. I'll go to RD and will check it out.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back