Sony Bravia 55X8000G 4K UHD TV - Picture are too white and overexposed

Can you return it? Or maybe upgrade to X950G? If not, then just add bias lighting behind the TV and some more in the room for mood lighting. That'll help a bit with apparent contrast.
I don't think the showroom guys can take it as a return, i may be need to sell it for a lower price to someone and go for X950G.

Here are some of the TV pics

Colors are so dead in that tv no wcg?
my lg nanocell with ips panel has better colors not punchy but true to eyes. Even blacks are descent enough.

Call service center and ask for up-gradation scheme if any, if you are not satisfied with the current one.

Colors are so dead in that tv no wcg?
my lg nanocell with ips panel has better colors not punchy but true to eyes. Even blacks are descent enough.

Call service center and ask for up-gradation scheme if any, if you are not satisfied with the current one.
Yes, exactly, no color's and also too much of overexposed image are the biggest problem with this TV. Is it possible to upgrade TV directly with Sony?

Last edited:
You did not check the picture quality before in showroom? or compare with other brands?
Picture quality was excellent in showroom, but not the same case at home.

I compared it with LG & Samsung and decided to go with Sony because of the picture clarity.

Picture quality was excellent in showroom, but not the same case at home.

I compared it with LG & Samsung and decided to go with Sony because of the picture clarity.

Showrooms are not ideal for judging, as I have mentioned so many times in debates here, because they are so brightly lit. Usage at home won't be in the same condition. IPS panels look fine in bright rooms. As it gets darker, their deficiencies become apparent.

Showrooms are not ideal for judging, as I have mentioned so many times in debates here, because they are so brightly lit. Usage at home won't be in the same condition. IPS panels look fine in bright rooms. As it gets darker, their deficiencies become apparent.
Got it thanks, But in my case even in a bright room, picture looks so dull.

Got it thanks, But in my case even in a bright room, picture looks so dull.

That's weird then. Factory reset once. Then check if it's still the same. Can't really say what exactly you're seeing without seeing it. This is why I saved up for an OLED. They are Kings of PQ.

Might be faulty panel or its because the over exposure of camera. ? Not sure.

One way to verify, Play some HD/UHD clips during daytime with all lights on the room. Note down the timing of some frames that you feel showing more glowing issue. And take it to the showroom and play the same and observe. And make sure the picture mode is in Cinema Home/ Pro in both places. Also take your friend/wife with you just for the support whether he/she also observe the same issue.
Even if x8000g have the IPS panel, it'd still beat the other brands LG/ Samsung ips panels. Sony is famous for their picture processing.

I've a 55 x900f and bought this last year after extended research comparing oled AF8, A1E and LG C8. Never regrets. A good picture have more to it than just deeper blacks.

Dont compare with x950G/ oled. Its really a good tv for its money.

Might be faulty panel or its because the over exposure of camera. ? Not sure.

One way to verify, Play some HD/UHD clips during daytime with all lights on the room. Note down the timing of some frames that you feel showing more glowing issue. And take it to the showroom and play the same and observe. And make sure the picture mode is in Cinema Home/ Pro in both places. Also take your friend/wife with you just for the support whether he/she also observe the same issue.
Even if x8000g have the IPS panel, it'd still beat the other brands LG/ Samsung ips panels. Sony is famous for their picture processing.

I've a 55 x900f and bought this last year after extended research comparing oled AF8, A1E and LG C8. Never regrets. A good picture have more to it than just deeper blacks.

Dont compare with x950G/ oled. Its really a good tv for its money.
Sure, thanks for the suggestion.

Hi - My new Sony Bravia 4K UHD TV has some clarity issue and tried with all the settings, but still the pictures are too white and overexposed

Is this could be because of the faulty panel? I raised a complaint with Sony and the service engineer says everything normal. But i still feel pictures (HD, Prime, Youtube Videos) are too white and overexposed, even at very low brightness, contrast & back light levels.

Please could experts suggest how to over come this issue, its just 5 days old TV. Thanks in advance.

Check if it has been used as display piece. I go the same problem and got the pannel replaced under warranty after few escalation.

Hi - How to find out if its been kept under display? and one more thing that my box was not sealed properly, tap was tampered.

I found the box been tampered. When i asked them to give other one they said it's the last piece they hav got. Last piece is nothing but display piece. Got to know it only later a while.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back