Sony Bravia HX850 Reviews

Thanks Shaiju Sir.:) Yes it is a 40 incher.

I'll try your settings today and also get hold of the calibration disc. Already tried Cinema1 last night and was impressed.
It will take some time for me to get used to the menu system and the sea of settings. :lol:

Coming from a 20" CRT (17 Year Old BPL LXR20), yes I am still on SD :eek:. So thanks for the inputs in that regard.

I had been researching on which TV to get for almost one year, following a lot of review sites and forums including this one. Finally chose the SONY because it best fits my only requirement - SUPERB PICTURE QUALITY.:eek:hyeah:

It was installed last night only, so was directly put to test on arrival. It handled all content bright and dark with great aplomb. :clapping:
I have not tested the 3d yet, but I suppose it would be equally good.

You are welcome anytime Sir. The TV is all yours.;)

Last edited:
After a very long wait, I finally bought this beauty last Sunday. :yahoo:
Loving every bit of it especially the motion clarity and the black levels. No clouding, no flashlighting, no DSE. This beauty is almost perfect.:licklips:
Almost I say, because there is a huge(almost one inch) and deep scratch on the display which I noticed from the time the technician took the TV out from the packaging box.:annoyed: I have asked for a replacement. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping to get an equally perfect TV in the replacement.

Meanwhile, can you guys share some reference picture settings.:)

Hi Congrats on your new purchase :clapping:... You are lucky as my friend and I are still not able to find this model here in chennai...Is it still around??

Enjoy!:licklips:

Thanks Lakshminarasimhan. :)
Yes Its very very difficult to find an HX850. I myself had to visit 3-4 shops before I found one. Don't visit the big electronics stores, they won't have any left by now. Instead check out in small shops which keep multi-brand HDTVs, where they might have a few left. Go for a boxed pack if its available and try to bargain. They will surely negotiate the price as they want to clear the stock. Go for the display piece only if you need the TV very badly and you are OK with the usage hours and the wear-tear it might have undergone.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back