Sony Bravia HX850 Reviews

What hifi has better reviews than stuff. Stuff is a typical men's magazine with girls and boys toys.!

I am weighing between Sony 40HX850 and samsung 40ES6800 ? Any suggestions from anyone.

I am getting 40HX850 for 76500 and the samsung for 82500. As I am not too much into TV's, can you guys suggest which one should I go for?

I am weighing between Sony 40HX850 and samsung 40ES6800 ? Any suggestions from anyone.
I am getting 40HX850 for 76500 and the samsung for 82500. As I am not too much into TV's, can you guys suggest which one should I go for?

Demo both the television specially playing HD content and decide for yourself, at the end of the day you are one who is going to use the television so choose which suits you best and you like the most.

I can simply say 40ES6800 is way better than HX850 but that does not make any sense nor the reviews or any members opinion if you end up regretting after buying one of these televisions.

So demo them both and choose wisely.:)

Why confusing a member commenting false statement...in this thread there are multiple review of HX850..check it...

If people would ask choosing between a videocon LED and sony HX850..bashers will tell to go for videocon LED just to make a point..

Bashers' only intention is to delete and close as much sony related thread as possible.

Last edited:
After a very long wait, I finally bought this beauty last Sunday. :yahoo:
Loving every bit of it especially the motion clarity and the black levels. No clouding, no flashlighting, no DSE. This beauty is almost perfect.:licklips:
Almost I say, because there is a huge(almost one inch) and deep scratch on the display which I noticed from the time the technician took the TV out from the packaging box.:annoyed: I have asked for a replacement. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping to get an equally perfect TV in the replacement.

Meanwhile, can you guys share some reference picture settings.:)

75K. With Bill & One Year Sony Warranty.

Didn't receive any freebies. Also, got only one 3D Glass with it (which is enough for me).

Congrats!

It's a 40", right?

For BD and true HD, switch to Cinema1/Warm2, switch off all processing except the local dimming and motion at lowest possible settings.

These are good out of the box. Do you have any calibration disc? Adjust the brightness, contrast and sharpness using discs like AVSHD709.

For DTH and SD you can switch on noise reduction features. They are effective.

Last year I demoed the 55" extensively and was mighty impressed for edge lit LED. Hope I can visit your place someday with my favorite BDs to do another demo.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back