• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Sony HT: Why no support for several audio formats?

anga

From BDV-N9200W : Blu-ray Home Theatre Systems : Home Theatre System : Sony India

LPCM (2ch/5.1ch/7.1ch) Yes/Yes/Yes (except for HDMI in)

DTS96/24, DTS-ES Matrix 6.1, DTS-ES Discrete 6.1 Yes (except for HDMI in)

DTS/DTS-HD Yes (except for HDMI in)

DTS/DTS-HD (HR/MA/LBR) Yes (except for HDMI in)

DTS Yes (except for HDMI in)

What are the practical consequences of these restrictions on HDMI in?

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

manniraj

I think this all-in-one player accepts other HDMI sources like Blu-ray/Media player/DVD but does not decode all the audio formats. But I think as per the specs published on the Sony website it decodes all the audio formats when the disc is played back directly on the in-built bluray drive. Not sure about the price but I think in the budget of 25 to 35k you should be able to get the Onkyo/Yamaha's receivers like 3500/YHT299 which are far better than the Sony listed.

How old are you?
Just Kidding bro... Actually I have sony dav-dz340k htib due to connectivity issues...I had to buy a new htib for my gaming/ movies room..so after little research I bought yamaha..Which far far better than Sony anyday

anga

I think this all-in-one player accepts other HDMI sources like Blu-ray/Media player/DVD but does not decode all the audio formats. But I think as per the specs published on the Sony website it decodes all the audio formats when the disc is played back directly on the in-built bluray drive. Not sure about the price but I think in the budget of 25 to 35k you should be able to get the Onkyo/Yamaha's receivers like 3500/YHT299 which are far better than the Sony listed.
That means DTH and ripped movies cannot be viewed with DTS and DTS HD.

Just Kidding bro... Actually I have sony dav-dz340k htib due to connectivity issues...I had to buy a new htib for my gaming/ movies room..so after little research I bought yamaha..Which far far better than Sony anyday
You still haven't said how old you are!!
What Yamaha did you get and for how much?

SPONSORED ADS