Sony HT: Why no support for several audio formats?

I think this all-in-one player accepts other HDMI sources like Blu-ray/Media player/DVD but does not decode all the audio formats. But I think as per the specs published on the Sony website it decodes all the audio formats when the disc is played back directly on the in-built bluray drive. Not sure about the price but I think in the budget of 25 to 35k you should be able to get the Onkyo/Yamaha's receivers like 3500/YHT299 which are far better than the Sony listed.

How old are you?
Just Kidding bro... Actually I have sony dav-dz340k htib due to connectivity issues...I had to buy a new htib for my gaming/ movies room..so after little research I bought yamaha..Which far far better than Sony anyday

I think this all-in-one player accepts other HDMI sources like Blu-ray/Media player/DVD but does not decode all the audio formats. But I think as per the specs published on the Sony website it decodes all the audio formats when the disc is played back directly on the in-built bluray drive. Not sure about the price but I think in the budget of 25 to 35k you should be able to get the Onkyo/Yamaha's receivers like 3500/YHT299 which are far better than the Sony listed.

That means DTH and ripped movies cannot be viewed with DTS and DTS HD.

Just Kidding bro... Actually I have sony dav-dz340k htib due to connectivity issues...I had to buy a new htib for my gaming/ movies room..so after little research I bought yamaha..Which far far better than Sony anyday

You still haven't said how old you are!!
What Yamaha did you get and for how much?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back