Sony HT: Why no support for several audio formats?

I think this all-in-one player accepts other HDMI sources like Blu-ray/Media player/DVD but does not decode all the audio formats. But I think as per the specs published on the Sony website it decodes all the audio formats when the disc is played back directly on the in-built bluray drive. Not sure about the price but I think in the budget of 25 to 35k you should be able to get the Onkyo/Yamaha's receivers like 3500/YHT299 which are far better than the Sony listed.

How old are you?
Just Kidding bro... Actually I have sony dav-dz340k htib due to connectivity issues...I had to buy a new htib for my gaming/ movies room..so after little research I bought yamaha..Which far far better than Sony anyday

I think this all-in-one player accepts other HDMI sources like Blu-ray/Media player/DVD but does not decode all the audio formats. But I think as per the specs published on the Sony website it decodes all the audio formats when the disc is played back directly on the in-built bluray drive. Not sure about the price but I think in the budget of 25 to 35k you should be able to get the Onkyo/Yamaha's receivers like 3500/YHT299 which are far better than the Sony listed.

That means DTH and ripped movies cannot be viewed with DTS and DTS HD.

Just Kidding bro... Actually I have sony dav-dz340k htib due to connectivity issues...I had to buy a new htib for my gaming/ movies room..so after little research I bought yamaha..Which far far better than Sony anyday

You still haven't said how old you are!!
What Yamaha did you get and for how much?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back