Sound card or DAC for 7K

marX

Hi !

I was about to get the Xonar DX for the PC connected to a LM3886 amp and Magnat 1000 speakers but now I'm kind of re-thinking about my requirements.

The main thing is that I might be getting (3 or 4 months from now) an 8Gb PS3 to be the DVD/Bluray player (for TV) and if I get an external DAC, I can (?) pair it with DAC using SPDIF or other means of digital connection.

So,what to choose Xonar DX (can't ignore the VFM), Xonar U7, ODAC (from Bibin ), Audinst MX1...or is there any better ones (fiio?)

BTW, is the Analog Audio out from the PS3 good enough to not use a DAC ?

Last edited:
I have the U3 which people say is better than the U7 for music. Costs only 2K, but a definite improvement over your laptop / onboard computer audio, especially if you disable all other synthetic enhancements. Do not expect the world out of it, but music across all frequencies will improve and by quite a margin. I also had the Xonar DX on my desktop, the same applies to it as well. Perhaps the Xonar is better than U3 by a little bit.

I have the U3 which people say is better than the U7 for music. Costs only 2K, but a definite improvement over your laptop / onboard computer audio, especially if you disable all other synthetic enhancements. Do not expect the world out of it, but music across all frequencies will improve and by quite a margin. I also had the Xonar DX on my desktop, the same applies to it as well. Perhaps the Xonar is better than U3 by a little bit.

U3 better than U7 ?
Really ?

So, you think Xonar DX is better than the U7 and the U3, right ?

Back