Speaker 5.1/7.1 for DENON X2000

sameuun

Hi all,
me planning to upgrade current AVR & Speakers,
Denon X2000 finalyzed so far.
planning for 7.1 but if budget fails, 5.1 it is. :)
I belong to lucknow and auditioning to vast(even small) varieties of speakers isnt possible here, almost nothing to choose.

I have read numbers of reviews for POLK audio RTi series and been interested in it so far( thats the only series I auditioned so far). and i wont afford to add back surround i.e 7.1 cuz its already above my budget
Polk Audio RTi A7 Floorstanding speakers Rs 68,000
Polk Audio CSi A4 Centre speaker Rs 18,000
Polk Audio FXi A4 Surround speakers Rs 27,000
Polk Audio DSW PRO 550 Subwoofer Rs 34,000
1.22lacs after disc.

But in a meanwhile something else caught my attention, its Boston Acoustics A 360 Home Theatre Package which is 1.2lacs and comes around 96k after disc. and i cud easily add up 2 back surround for complete 7.1 setup.
Boston Acoustics A 360 Floorstanding Speaker
Boston Acoustics A 26 Surround Speaker
Boston Acoustics A 225C Centre Channel Speaker
Boston Acoustics ASW 650 Subwoofer

So anyone auditioned both and tell exactly what I shud opt.
If theres a huge differences in quality,
I am a casual gamer and movies/music lover.
room isnt big lets say 10x12,im going for a biigies i know cuz i wont be planning to change speakers in coming 10 years atleast.(room can be changed in future ofcourse.)

will be glad if anyone helps me out.

Last edited:
For your room size, FS would be an overkill....

Here is what i would do if i have this budget.....If you like them, consider it...

So i understand your combined budget for AVR + Speaker is roughly 1.75 Lacs..

I would choose Denon X3000 (7.1) /Marantz SR 6008 (7.1) /Marantz SR 7008 (9.2) AVR / Onkyo TX NR 929 (9.2) ... Try to get best quotes in your city & talk to hifimart if you can get any better price....

The reason i chose these AVR's is because all of them have Audyssey DSX surround expansion mode (It expands the 5.1 material to 7.1/9.1).. I have used them with Front wide speaker configuration & loved it... Easily the best surround sound processing...

Coming to the speakers, choose a Sat+Sub combo... Something like Boston Acoustics Soundware XS 5.1/7.1 speaker package for 50K...

When you move this setup to a igger room later, you can very well replace your fronts with a large FS... You can also move this satellite speakers as front heights (or) surround back...

thnx for the reply mate, :)

but as said, i wudnt want to upgrade any further in speakers system in near future,
want full fledged speakers.
also am gonna make room sound proof, some suggested much distortions can be avoided/eliminated.
some woodden interiors and stuffed with glass wool wud do gud,
im very n00b in these regrds i know :(

so u really think what u suggested speakers can do wonders in my case . ?

edit; currently having
denon avr 1910
pioneer BDP450
Polk audio psw 110
yamaha tower NS-F150 200 watt 6 ohms
yamaha surround center back @ 125 watt 6 ohms
not happy

Last edited:
Hi all,
me planning to upgrade current AVR & Speakers,
Denon X2000 finalyzed so far.
planning for 7.1 but if budget fails, 5.1 it is. :)
I belong to lucknow and auditioning to vast(even small) varieties of speakers isnt possible here, almost nothing to choose.

I have read numbers of reviews for POLK audio RTi series and been interested in it so far( thats the only series I auditioned so far). and i wont afford to add back surround i.e 7.1 cuz its already above my budget
Polk Audio RTi A7 Floorstanding speakers Rs 68,000
Polk Audio CSi A4 Centre speaker Rs 18,000
Polk Audio FXi A4 Surround speakers Rs 27,000
Polk Audio DSW PRO 550 Subwoofer Rs 34,000
1.22lacs after disc.

But in a meanwhile something else caught my attention, its Boston Acoustics A 360 Home Theatre Package which is 1.2lacs and comes around 96k after disc. and i cud easily add up 2 back surround for complete 7.1 setup.
Boston Acoustics A 360 Floorstanding Speaker
Boston Acoustics A 26 Surround Speaker
Boston Acoustics A 225C Centre Channel Speaker
Boston Acoustics ASW 650 Subwoofer

So anyone auditioned both and tell exactly what I shud opt.
If theres a huge differences in quality,
I am a casual gamer and movies/music lover.
room isnt big lets say 10x12,im going for a biigies i know cuz i wont be planning to change speakers in coming 10 years atleast.(room can be changed in future ofcourse.)

will be glad if anyone helps me out.

Since you are not going to change the speakers for 10 yrs and also you have plan to change your room, my opinion is to go for Boston Acoustics. Good speakers for money.

thnx for the reply mate, :)

but as said, i wudnt want to upgrade any further in speakers system in near future,
want full fledged speakers.
also am gonna make room sound proof, some suggested much distortions can be avoided/eliminated.
some woodden interiors and stuffed with glass wool wud do gud,
im very n00b in these regrds i know :(

so u really think what u suggested speakers can do wonders in my case . ?

edit; currently having
denon avr 1910
pioneer BDP450
Polk audio psw 110
yamaha tower NS-F150 200 watt 6 ohms
yamaha surround center back @ 125 watt 6 ohms
not happy

I think you didn't mention earlier that you had Denon 1910...Have you run the Audyssey Calibration correctly? If you can tweak it, you may not have to spend @ all...

I think you didn't mention earlier that you had Denon 1910...Have you run the Audyssey Calibration correctly? If you can tweak it, you may not have to spend @ all...

i forgot to mention earlier mate,

let me tell u why i exactly need to change amp,
-bought 42" passive LG 3d TV starting month of last year,
-bought LG 3D bluray plyr , it had single HDMI out so i connected through amp without knowing i wudnt get pas through of 3D video signal, realised later.
-bought HDMI audio video splitter from monoprice.com,it did every bit what it meant for but video kept flickering(not hazed) but u cud say some disturbance in visual,
-later I changed Blu ray player, this time i got pioneer BDP450, it had 2 HDMI out from player itself so that 1 for audio and 1 for amplifier, it also has same complaint,

so i really fed up trying everything and Iwant to start afresh,
i think getting out from bluray player through single cable to amp and to TV wud do traditional/justice....

if u have any suggestions , please suggest,

edit;
just met someone who bought denon x2000 a day before, he came up with remote to understand some fuctions,
and belive me after seeing that ugly and ordinary remote, i dont wanna but new amp, :( , be it even x3000.

and the built quality of avr 1910 and its remote are far better than current gen amp,
in x2000 connectivities reduced dramitically if compared to AVR 1910, just HDMI ports and athernet :(

Last edited:
Hmmmm...Relax buddy... We can set it right for you...So looks like you need a 3D capable AVR... I dont have hands on expereince on 3D ... So wait for other FM to pitch in with inputs....

So you dont like the latest models from Denon ?

BTW coming to Audyssey, did you run the room calibration? When watching a movie is the Audyssey EQ & Vol displayed on AVR ?

So you dont like the latest models from Denon ?
BTW coming to Audyssey, did you run the room calibration? When watching a movie is the Audyssey EQ & Vol displayed on AVR ?

didnt like audesssy much, did calib. fro 3 times from differnt position,
i guess i like my own ch vol.

and u have any idea what price wud be right to ask for 1910, if i plan to sell it.

didnt like audesssy much, did calib. fro 3 times from differnt position,
i guess i like my own ch vol.

and u have any idea what price wud be right to ask for 1910, if i plan to sell it.

You can consider 50% as good returns for the price you bough it for.....

What other AVR's are you considering now ?

onkyo tx 818
or denon x2000(not anymore)
marantz 5008 but not sure about display, seems too short/small., but connectivity is great,
and currently boston acoustics a series finalyized so far..
u suggest, pls :)

onkyo tx 818
or denon x2000(not anymore)
marantz 5008 but not sure about display, seems too short/small., but connectivity is great,
and currently boston acoustics a series finalyized so far..
u suggest, pls :)

Hmmm.. of all the suggested AVR, allmost all of them have Audyssey room calibration....

Onkyo TX NR 818 is a very good AVR....Not sure if you still get this model as it is a 2012 model...You may consider the Onkyo TX NR 1010...But you dont seem to like Audyssey.... In that case consider the Yamaha & Pioneer AVR that do not have Audyssey feature....

Demo whatever AVR aval in your city, you will get a rough idea...

Don't worry abt the display being too small, after the initial setup thru OSD, you will not look @ the display except for Volume :) ....

If you are considering Yamaha then rx-673 or rx-v675 are also a great amp and it is 7.2 channel. And for speakers with them you can look at dali ,tannoy ,q acoustics, jamo , kef they all match well with Yamaha

Im in a similar situation....am torn between Denon X-2000 of Yamaha V675...one of my relatives is in the US on a business trip and can bring AVR and speakers from there...

For the speakers, I have looked at Boston acoustics xs5.1, but the difference in price between India and the US doesn't look to be v large...dun wanna go for FS...any suggestions guys?

I am in similar position to decide avr and speakers so if you decide please suggest me

If u are in similar position why can't u look in to X2000 with Dali zensor 5 or 7.some our forum members are using it are quite happy about it in fact I had closed on same.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back