Speaker cabinet maker in delhi ncr

Kumars

Hello to all forum members
I am Sushil from gurgaon.I am looking for a speaker cabinet that can acoomodate 6.5 inch woofer , a matching mid range driver and tweeter.I have searched a few places in Delhi and NCR but could not find a carpenter or speaker cabinet builder .suggestions needed .

Not an easy task as sadik says,since he himself has gone through the process,me too doing the boxes for my 7.1ch setup,,it requires at least minimum tools like circular saw,router,L square,hand power drill machine,and ofcourse the art of measuring things,aligning them properly and also lot of time devotion...

Little bit of misjudgement then the whole process of setup is out of order.

I am not discouraging you,if you have the right carpentry skills then go ahead or else its a no no ...

thanks
rajesh

there are some carpenters in Gurugram who can build the complete box along with paint. i got some boxes made from a shop on pataudi road i think around 3-4 years ago.

now i get my mdf panels cut at a cnc shop in Delhi and i fix them together myself.

Regards,
Aniket

the shop name is Durga Furniture on Pataudi Road. comes on the left side of road after crossing Pataudi Chowk.
in Delhi, Kirti Nagar is the hub for wood works.

Regards,
Aniket

the shop name is Durga Furniture on Pataudi Road. comes on the left side of road after crossing Pataudi Chowk.
in Delhi, Kirti Nagar is the hub for wood works.

Regards,
Aniket

Aniket, what materials have you used in your builds? and which ones would you recommend?

I have used mdf - 11, 16.5, 18.5, 25mm and ply - 11, 19mm. Russian birch plywood is also available in Delhi.
I recommend using mdf for small bookshelfs and floorstanders with 5-12" drivers. Mdf is easier to cut and finish-easy to DIY. For anything above 12" use ply or birch ply.
Although, each material has its own sonic properties and character, It depends on the kind of application where and how it is used.

Regards,
Aniket

I have used mdf - 11, 16.5, 18.5, 25mm and ply - 11, 19mm. Russian birch plywood is also available in Delhi.
I recommend using mdf for small bookshelfs and floorstanders with 5-12" drivers. Mdf is easier to cut and finish-easy to DIY. For anything above 12" use ply or birch ply.
Although, each material has its own sonic properties and character, It depends on the kind of application where and how it is used.

Regards,
Aniket

Thanks for the info! Iread some BBC Audio tech papers, and in their testing, MDF was seen as one of the best. My friends confirm the same, be it DIY speaker enclosures or headphone cups.

BTW, I also saw that you made nice speakers from that Blaupunkt car speakers.

@Kumars - sorry for hacking the conversation.

Hello Aniket... you mentioned getting your MDF/ply cut at a CNC shop in Delhi. Is it Durga Furniture that you mention? Otherwise, can you please give me the address?
Best,
Kingshuk

Durga Furniture is in Gurugram. In Delhi, there are numerous CNC shops in Kirti Nagar.

Hi , i have been designing and manufacturing speaker cabinets(mostly hi-end) for a lot of my clients from past 6 years now. I am from south Delhi . If you want I can help you with your needs

Thanks for the info! Iread some BBC Audio tech papers, and in their testing, MDF was seen as one of the best. My friends confirm the same, be it DIY speaker enclosures or headphone cups.

BTW, I also saw that you made nice speakers from that Blaupunkt car speakers.

@Kumars - sorry for hacking the conversation.
Factors in the design of loudspeaker cabinets

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back