Speaker Stands - SoundFoundations

Already ordered a pair. :)

To mount which speakers?

Am a bit low on finances (loathsome IT returns) now, else would have thought of getting a pair for 17 kg each near-floorstanders (750 h x 360 w x 290 d). Not vintage stuff, but should be 2 decades old.

By how much were you set back? Dashing stands, I must say!

To mount which speakers?

Am a bit low on finances (loathsome IT returns) now, else would have thought of getting a pair for 17 kg each near-floorstanders (750 h x 360 w x 290 d). Not vintage stuff, but should be 2 decades old.

By how much were you set back? Dashing stands, I must say!

I am getting a pair of AP MS-101 speakers in Beech finish with black grills for a second system. For pricing contact magma. They are quite expensive for me.

Last edited:
K!!! :eek: That's stiff :sad:. But, yes, definitely looks fab!
You said 2nd system. What's the 1st one?

The stand base looks to be of a heat treated (furnace) finish.

Last edited:
****** K!!! :eek: That's stiff :sad:. But, yes, definitely looks fab!
You said 2nd system. What's the 1st one?

The stand base looks to be of a heat treated (furnace) finish.

I'll post photos of the system with the stands once I get them. The 1st system uses floorstanders and so there are no stands.

Last edited:
AP's still into speaker manufacture?
Have seen this model (MS 101) using Vifa drivers, on sale in this Forum some time ago.

wow! very beautiful. Glad to know that there are such well engineered and good looking speaker stands that are made in our country.

Good luck....will definitely reach out to Magma in case I need speaker stands in the future.

APK.

I was looking for a budget stand for my sonodyne bookshelf and Ali suggested me to go for Nexus stand and which I did. I am extremely happy with the stand.

Stand was shipped from Bombay to Calcutta by Gati in two parcels, one consisting the rods and other plates and screws/ spikes. Packing was well taken care of. The stands were quite heavy.

I didn't find it difficult to assemble it myself. Only it took some time and force to put one spike inside the base plate.

And surprisingly, even before the money was transferred to Ali's account, he shipped the stands.

I am super happy with these stands. Will disturb Ali again some time soon for surround stands.

our first height adjustable mounts for surrounds
adjustable amount is only +-3 inches - enough INMO though

though this design was first developed for dealers that had multiple brands of bookshelfs that needed diff heights for demo to consumers , the stand found great use in being used for surround duty at higher than normal heights

these particular stands were made for dipoles that need to fire way above ear height

so they needed to be stable at 50 inches!

the energy veritas use a similar stand design
http://www.energy-speakers.com/images/common/V-5-1-HTS/addl/V-5-1-HTS_1.jpg

Last edited:
the ones i have posted above are 54 inches
they are for the energy veritas dipoles which require to be fired way above ear level

however most dealers ask for a 36 to 40 inch version for their own surrounds
and 25-28 inch version for their demo bookshelves

Hi Magma
Can the Prime R top plate accommodate or be custom cut to suit the base of this speaker? Will the height of 26" be a problem as regards tilting over or can the base plate dimensions manage it?
Thanks
Gijo

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back