Speaker Stands - SoundFoundations

I am once again very delighted :yahoo:

Second purchase from Ali. I bought a surround stand (as mentioned in post #137 hereinabove).

As usual well packed (in two parcels) and sent through Gati.

Thank you very much. :)

Hi gijo

the castings are in machining

i tested the all aluminium stand you have asked for

Sounds bloody brilliant - no coloration whatsover - as nuetral as i have heard

the casting allowed me to do many things that i have always wanted
like weight distribution (how i would have liked)
lowers my CG still further
Allows for a super drain without ringing
Most of all the contours help me insetting the spikes

will post a pic when i can

Hi all

heres something i have been working on for a European oem
let me know what you guys think

The Standmount Golds

all aluminium
pressure die cast base ( 1.5 inches thick )
spikes are inset
so the ground clearence is really small

looks good INMO

P.S - Geroge - this is what i was talking about

rgds
Ali

In preparation for my new speakers, have requested magma to make me a replica of the Osiris stand ( 24.5 inch from ground to top plate ). The nice thing about this stand which i liked are :-

Simple Purposeful looks - just the way i like many things in life.
Extra Large round double columns ( each 3.5 inch diameter 5 mm thick ).. will be sand + shot filled
Large dia spikes - brass
Larger base plate and top plate size
Generally quite heavy will weigh about 31 kg each.... this is a calculated value.
Welded columns - sunk into the bottom plate and welded from the underside.

One of my major objectives which i requested magma for is to have a stand which is very rigid and eliminates vibration / resonance totally and is as inert as can be possible.

Osiris Audionics is no more in business since the early 2000's i understand they made one of the best stands around. There is one on sale on audiogon now but they are simply too heavy to move around anywhere.

see here..

OSIRIS Speaker Stands 24 Inches Black | Stands | Hightstown, New Jersey 08520 | AudiogoN - The High-end Audio Community

The word Osiris has an Egyptian origin and is worth looking up on wikipedia.

Realize i wont get an exact replica but i will be largely there in terms of looks and performance.

One may wonder - whats a stand got to do with speaker performance - basically its just a metal structure to place the standmount speaker to keep the drivers at level with the ear. :eek:hyeah:

To my mind - the stands are an extension of the speaker itself and it needs to be selected accordingly to get the best performance. Just like you would give attention to the cabinet of a floorstander.

Thin walled or less damped speakers like my previous Epos M12i would do nicely with a "lossy " design whilst other standmount designs necessitate heavier stands.

The replica of Osiris is to be an all metal stand - no sandwich or any
exotic stuff etc..anywhere...

Look here..

Signature Sound - OSIRIS Speaker Stands Information Page
SoundStage! Equipment Review - Osiris Speaker Stands (01/1998)

When i looked around for speaker stands , i did have the nice opportunity to interact with skylan stands in canada and cadence audio pune as well... besides countless looks at the Atacama's, Partingtons etc..

This will be my 3rd pair of stands from magma..

:))

Magma should start a Frequent Buyer program :lol:

This is like Jurassic park where the scientist re-creates dinosaurs but i hope the ending will be good for me :)

mpw

Last edited by a moderator:
my third pair of stands from magma

Magma should start a Frequent Buyer program :lol:

mpw

well
thats the only reason why magma accommodates custom builds for you which are headaches to execute correctly
"that column passing through the base is easier said than done"

otherwise i now rarely take on custom orders on speaker stands
and prefer that members choose something from my already existing 14 odd models

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back