Speakers for my first ht

nishantkil

Hi all
My Room Size is like 10x12ft
I have been auditioning speakers regularly and have shortlisted some. They are as follows:

These are fronts and my budget is between 40k - 70k

Monitor Audio BX5 ~ 70k (FS)
Dali zensor 5 ~ 50k (FS)
B&W 685 S2 ~ 60k (BS)
Monitor Audio Bronze2 ~ 40k (BS)

I am confused between these. Should i go for bookshelves or floorstanders?
Although i love floorstanders but experts say they are for bigger rooms.
My usage will be movies 60 / music 40 . I want the ones which will be good for both. Total budget for 5.1 is under 2lacs.(preferably 1.5lacs)

These all have good reviews , whats your take guyz. Also suggest other options as well if any better.
Thanks

Tower speakers are very good for music and goes well in HT too.My vote goes to Dali zensor 5 (even7)which are very musical.These can match with any brand/amp.

What issues might come if i go with zensor 5 in my room?
And which amp should i go for with it?
Is it going to be VFM?

I have ruled out b&w"s. Its getting over my budget.
Its either monitor audio or dali.
Zensor is tempting at its price.. anyone using it?

None of the suggested above!

10 x 12 is too small a room. Come on, the room is bound to have a sitting arrangement, some other furniture etc etc. Even BS might get suffocated! Only hi-end satellites here, if budget is of no-constraint.

My 2 cents.

In same boat.....confused with below mentioned brands:

1. Polk Tsx440T (FS)
2. Sonodyne 2605V3 (FS)
3. Dali Zensor 5 (FS)
4. Tannoy V4i (FS)
5. Dali Zensor (BS)
6. PSB B6 (BS)

Had listened to Polk and PSB only. Though I had finalised by SUB SB1000 SVS.

In same boat.....confused with below mentioned brands:

1. Polk Tsx440T (FS)
2. Sonodyne 2605V3 (FS)
3. Dali Zensor 5 (FS)
4. Tannoy V4i (FS)
5. Dali Zensor (BS)
6. PSB B6 (BS)

Had listened to Polk and PSB only. Though I had finalised by SUB SB1000 SVS.

Whats the size of your room?

None of the suggested above!

10 x 12 is too small a room. Come on, the room is bound to have a sitting arrangement, some other furniture etc etc. Even BS might get suffocated! Only hi-end satellites here, if budget is of no-constraint.

My 2 cents.

Can you suggest me a package plz? Budget is around 1.5l

Hi Friends,

I did auditioned Dali Zensor 3 & 5 series at Noida today. Below are the point that I would like to share:

1. In case of both auditions, speakers were paired with AVR (Denon 1100) as I was interested in 5.1 setup and don't have any plans of buying separates for Stereo.
2. We watched movies clips from Quantum of Solace and it was pretty good to watch and hear. Though it was not like "Woowww".
2. Later on he switched to Hindi songs (classical, Gazals and some on latest hits). By this time I was able to pickup clarity of tunes from Zensor 5. I liked it but was still expecting more from it. (I have normal ears and don't have capacity of pointing down errors in music notes as audiophiles)
3. The gentleman at showroom then switched Zensor 5 (FS) with Zensor 3 (BS) and this time I just had smile on my face listening to same songs on these BS.
4. Both speakers were able to create good sound image. They were not at all boomy at any sequence of time and had very clear vocals from them.

In audition of both speakers for audio we have disconnected subwoofer to understand sound signature of these speakers.

Now I require advice that why did these BS made good impact on my ear more than FS. Is it coz of driver size? or the way speakers were place aiming our ears?

My wife voted for Zensor 5 and I was happy with Zensor 3. They are having difference of 20K and surely this amount can be used to buy better Sub in future.

I still need to audition Wharfedale, MA and may be going for re-auditions of PSB. I also might go back on next weekend to audition Dali with my own collections of songs.

BR//
B Patel

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back