Speakers (only) upgradation for Dzire ZXI

pakecc

Hi fellow FMs

Want to upgrade only the speakers in my Dzire ZXI as I feel the dash would loss the beauty and finish, if I go for the HU change. Moreover I may also loss the integrated steering control as well as speed sensing volume control. Hence going only for the speakers.

Though the current system is good for listening FM transmissions, Bass heavy songs from USB and CD makes the speaker to vibrate at a moderate volume level

Would request our fellow FMs to suggest any suitable good component speakers for back and if needed for Front also. Also pls. advise on BASS Tube installation.

Eagerly awaiting for the ADVICE ( on speakers for the existing HU) as all ICE shops' immediate suggestion is for the entire change in the system. My budget is around 15K for speakers.

Hi

JBL and Pioneer have some pretty decent speakers which you can use as fronts or rears....remember you need first to check the possible output and impendence of the amplifier in the car....then you need to look at speakers which are of same impedence and matching output so that both amp + speakers will compliment and work well.

Subwoofer.JBL is a better deal. Thumb rule of any speaker...make sure that it handles and delivers most if not all frequencies between 20hz - 20khz

Would suggest you read online reviews and watch videos posted by million users across the globe to understand their experience and review of the same.

Hopw this helps.

In Chennai, checkout PHD speakers. If you drive yourself, get components in the front.

But yes, the stock HU will be the weakest link in the chain. FYI, kits to pair an aftermarket HU with the steering controls are available. A sub in a box is always better than a tube IMHO. And, an amplifier is mandatory for a sub.

Thanks @ efernand1 / shiv. Yes. I drive on my own. The speakers at the boot are of real crap and one look is enough to say when you open the boot. The current HU in Zxi variant is a different one from the VXI one and is called as premium( as per the MGA'3 list). Could not find the specification of the stock HU, even from web.

Anyone know the specifications of the ZXI's stock HU from Nippon? Pls inform. Also where can I get PHD speakers in chennai( preferably porur area)

Pakecc, Powerzone is the Indian distributor of PHD I think. No idea about their location, sorry.

Since you drive, don't spend on components for the rear. Get decent coaxials for rear fills.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back