Stabilizer for ONKYO 3400 ???

thinkrupak

I have been using Onkyo 3400 HT since last few months. I am facing power fluctuation in my area and Onkyo service center advised me immediately install a 1kva stabilizer.

Please suggest what would be the budget friendly best option. I was browsing in flipkart who are offering few models but am unable to decide.

It seems V Guard would be a decent option.

Plz advice......:rolleyes:

Thank you
rupak

I have been using Onkyo 3400 HT since last few months. I am facing power fluctuation in my area and Onkyo service center advised me immediately install a 1kva stabilizer.

Please suggest what would be the budget friendly best option. I was browsing in flipkart who are offering few models but am unable to decide.

It seems V Guard would be a decent option.

Plz advice......:rolleyes:

Thank you
rupak

V-guard is good (I use V-guard). APC is good too

You can go for vguard stab and belkin surge protector ( new vguard models speciication says it is with in built surge protection ).

Which model to go for depends on the power rating of the connected equipments. You can calculate the current capacity based on the power consumption and choose the right model.

Though there is hardly any fluctuation of power (at least I did not notice so far in my locality, still I won't mind getting a stabilizer/ surge protector.

I am using a Yamaha 373 - What model/ power do you suggest?

Another query, can a stabilizer be used for both AVR and TV at the same time?

Yes you can connect TV and AVR to the same stab. The total current draw should not exceed the capacity of the stabilizer.

Crystal Plus ( 3A capacity ) - 5A power plug with 3 outputs
Digi 200 ( 6A capacity ) - This need 15A power plug.

There is a stabilizer data sheet in V-guard website. Pls refer that.
I am using Crystal plus connected to belkin surge protector

Though there is hardly any fluctuation of power (at least I did not notice so far in my locality, still I won't mind getting a stabilizer/ surge protector.

I am using a Yamaha 373 - What model/ power do you suggest?

Another query, can a stabilizer be used for both AVR and TV at the same time?

It seems Crystall Plus will serve my purpose. What is the best buy available? MRP is around INR 2600 but in ebay it much cheaper!

I have calculated that the to power consumption would be approx 450 wtts. Will V guard Crystal plus will be suitable?

Thanks for the advice

Can you tell me what is the basic procedure of judging the power/ capacity of the stabilizer. Like how do you know which stabilizer will be sufficient for your av product or not.

A 1KVA servo stabilizer will be better than the stabs from v-guard.

I prefer and suggest CVT (Constant Volt Transformer) over Servo for HT purpose. There is enough discussion in this forum on this topic you can search and get to know.

I have calculated that the to power consumption would be approx 450 wtts. Will V guard Crystal plus will be suitable?
Thanks for the advice

For your load 1KVA is more than enough. I can give you a suggestion for the best available CVT / Stab., just look out for conventional A/C stabiliser which we used to keep on a wooden stool / on wooden wall bracket. They are normally 4 KVA but never mind its like an asset.

The easy way to get this is keep your A/C mechanic informed so that he will give it to you whenever/ where ever takes it on exchange. Otherwise they are simply putting in scrap for RS. 80/kg. You can get it from the scrap dealer too for 100/kg. So over all it should not be costing you not more than RS.1500/- for 4 KVA. That too if you can get old SYSCOM or ALACRITY or BLUEBIRD you are lucky. Those day only copper winding was there which is more stable now getting copper is difficult including V-guard.

This way I have purchased more than half a dozen and given it in my circle.

The one what you are seeing here in photo costed me just 1.5K of course the digital metre is my handy work. This is serving my stereo setup, earlier it was in my HT now that I bought a Bhurji CVT for HT this has come to Stereo.

So people think before you spend.

Last edited:
Yesterday I met a person who works for bluebird. He has also suggeted me to go for a CVT. Altough the new one will cost around 7K for 1kva capacity but if for a used one might be available around 1.5 K. He also advised me to go fo local made digi inverter as non branded invertrs will use copper wiring which is obviously better.

he told me to assemble a digi stabilzer which will cost around 1400.

Hope its worth buying.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back