Standalone internet player

day time is impossible for me during weekdays. Since the only change is the computer, it is most likely the problem.
What OS are you running on the desktop? If it XP, try disabling the firewall and then see if it works.
For my laptop, I would need to setup up squeezebox server etc.

The laptop was of the Logitech person. I have a desktop. See if you can get your laptop over to my house to diagnose the issue.

--
helium

This is the message I get- "Wireless Encryption Failure message"

I went on the Logitech Forum to investigate this error and below are the responses.

sb classic not accepting wpa password - Logitech Forums

Sumant, what it means is that your router has been setup to use WPA Security. So login to your wireless router and change it to WPA-TKIP or WPA2-AES. This should fix it. BTW, I am using WPA-WPA2 currently and works well with my SB Duet.

WPA stands for Wirelss Protected Access and WPA-TKIP, WPA2-AES etc are different implementations and have varied levels of security. Read more here

Sumant, what it means is that your router has been setup to use WPA Security. So login to your wireless router and change it to WPA-TKIP or WPA2-AES. This should fix it. BTW, I am using WPA-WPA2 currently and works well with my SB Duet.

WPA stands for Wirelss Protected Access and WPA-TKIP, WPA2-AES etc are different implementations and have varied levels of security. Read more here

"Wish you were here"

George/ David/ Anm/ Santosh/ Friends, I really appreciate all your efforts in trying to help me to get a fix for my issue. So I've finally posted my query on the "logitech Forum" too.

Logitech SB Classic not able to detect Wifi - Squeezebox : Community : Forums

--
helium
Amp: Lyrita SET 845
Speakers: Vintage KEF 104ab/ B&W DM4
DAC: Beresford 7510 MK4
Source: SB Classic (not working on desktop)

drums.gif
- Enjoy your Squeezebox to the fullest now, Helium!

David/ Santhosh/ George- Thanks to Ashish Keswarani who came to my place after closing his showroom and set it up.

Firstly we installed the squeeze box server on the computer, then we entered my email address on the SB classic, thru the ADSL splitter one line went into the landline phone, the other went to line in and the other end went into the modem/ cum router. Finally the dreaded message "couldn't connect to squeeze box server- try again" vanished and music played for the complete night.

At 6 AM when I wife woke to she noticed me listeing to music and :mad: sid you said "how much music you want in your life?"; "you don't sleep nor allow the neighbours to sleep!";). At that point everything was bliss and will be if you continue to let the music flow.................

--
helium
SB Classic> Beresford DAC 7510 MK4> Lyrita SET 845> B&W DM4= MUSIC

Today while I was listening SB3 in the morning there were constant buffering issues. Earlier in the night I hadn't experienced any such thing. So do I need more speed.

I currently have the 512 kbps @699/m unlimited, so now should I go in for 2 Mbps @Rs849/m unlimited?

--
helium
SB Classic> Beresford DAC 7510 MK4> Lyrita SET 845> Vintage B&W DM4= MUSIC

Helium:

With 512k unlimited your're facing buffering!!, which radio stations are they, and what stream? - mine is 256k bsnl, and no buffering issues with 64k, 128k and 192k stations.

IMO, 512k is more than enough, unless you're listening to 258 and 312 kbps streams of classical radio stations !!

:)

congrats dude. Now you will get a lot of music! I am struggling with a strange sound coming out of my speakers. I think some pot of the amp has gathered lot of dust. I am yet to setup my headphone setup correctly and do some serious listening.

Helium:

With 512k unlimited your're facing buffering!!, which radio stations are they, and what stream? - mine is 256k bsnl, and no buffering issues with 64k, 128k and 192k stations.

IMO, 512k is more than enough, unless you're listening to 258 and 312 kbps streams of classical radio stations !!

:)

Vinod I switched to all types of channel stations and all of them had buffering issues.

George have you taken 250kbps or 512kbps from BSNL?

--
helium

In the UK I can listen to internet radio via the 3G network on my cell phone, or on my 10MB broadband. In both cases I still experience buffering issues. What I did find out however is that:
1. On my Windows7 64X PC via my encrypted network the issue is very much reduced.
2. On the same machine via my unencrypted network buffering problems are very rare during the day.

So I am guessing that part of the buffering issues are down to encryption and processing resources, on top of any phone line speed connection.

see if there is a setting to increase the buffer time. When you will switch a radio station, it would then take a higher time to start playing, but then it should not stutter once started. I have 4Mb@1700 from airtel and I never faced any stuttering with appletv or xtreamer. In fact, even earlier when it was 512 there was rarely any stuttering. However, youtube videos were very bad, and therefore I upgraded to 4Mb from airtel (with a fup rider).

Stan- Thanks for suggestiong the alternative.
George- How can we increase the buffer time on SB3?

Today I was listening to internet radio the entire day 6:00 Am - 6:00 Pm, no buffering issue experienced. So I guess it was one of those bad days.

--
helium

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back