Standalone internet player

I never explored the deepest part of Squeezebox as I did to Helium over phone on a side-by-side setup with mine and his at the same time, mine connected in a breeze, but Helium's wasn't budging to shake hands with the router.
I really hope it works out this time for Heliumflight.....In many ways, he has been trying to get a Squeezebox to work for him for close to 6 months now. When it does work(not too far away with all the help and Logitech official support), it will be worth it:)

the apple tv remote is so cute and small. I forgot it in my pocket this morning and it got washed off. Now the left/ right buttons won't work and I can't reliably work with it :( . For now, xtreamer is back to show youtube to my chhutki.

Last edited:
fingers-crossed.jpg
- Helium.

George/ anm/Vinod/ Santosh the logitech sales cum technician was at my place today with his laptop. We could get the SB Classic connect to his laptop thru Wifi but not on my computer as it could not connect to slim server. He told me that I may have to purchase a USB Wifi tongle to connect to my computer. I told him none of my friends have done this. So he was perplexed.

What's next!

--
helium

I talked to Sumant yesterday and my assessment is that the only way the techie can connect wirelessly and not via ethernet is if there is a problem with the ethernet connection on his SB is not working ok.

Sumant, is it back? Update on my apple tv remote. I can't unwash it, but I have set my universal remote to control the apple tv tonight, and it is now back in duty!

anm your one lucy fella'.

I bought a Net gear USB adaptor and called the airtel guy and also the Logitech guy.

Same error unable to connect, though it shows signal strength of 90%.

Anm your visit is due now. I'm expecting you this weekend to fix this issue.

Happy Diwali!

hmm is there an option of returning this? I would still say buy an appletv 160gb while it lasts on global ebay. this weekend is not possible due to bhaidooj.

Same error unable to connect, though it shows signal strength of 90%.

Helium:

Check once for the following in your Airtel router wirless setting:

Select SSID: Airtel.

Network Authentication: WPA-PSK.

WPA Pre-Shared Key: ******* (your wirless router password)

WPA Group Rekey Interval: 0

WPA Encryption: TKIP.

WEP Encryption: Disabled.

:)

helium is it working after these suggested changes?
I am right now listening to my headphones via new headphone amp, and the internet radio station I am listening to right now is "Radio Paradise", playing on my blackberry phone over wifi! Quite decent SQ. Wondering if we really need appletv/ squeezebox at all to listen to internet radio.

....late in joining this thread...have skimmed,but not read through all the previous posts....
My wife bought a SB Boom a few months back.Took us about half-an-hour to connect it to our router.Works fine in most rooms except the furthest one, where the signal keeps rebuffering.After downloading the Squeezebox Server the Boom connected to the music stored on my PC laptop.Also downloaded the server on my iMac.The Squeezebox Server on my iMac shows 'connected',but the music does not show up on the Boom.After sending several mails to Logitech and getting prompt replies from them,the problem has still not been fixed.Have given up trying to hook up the iMac to the SB Boom.
At 16K,my wife feels it's good value for money.Personally,I prefer iTunes(CD rips in Apple lossless format and 'classical' radio stations) on my iMac,connected to a Cyrus 6VS2 and Onkyo Speakers.Very good sound.I am not contemplating a Dac/sound card option,as I feel that the Cyrus amp is doing everything I expect from it.Will upgrade to a better pair of book shelf speakers,Totem/Spendor/Proac/Sonus Faber when I can source them at a decent price:)

Helium:

Check once for the following in your Airtel router wirless setting:

Select SSID: Airtel.

Network Authentication: WPA-PSK.

WPA Pre-Shared Key: ******* (your wirless router password)

WPA Group Rekey Interval: 0

WPA Encryption: TKIP.

WEP Encryption: Disabled.

:)

Thanks Vinod, I will check this and report back

--
helium

:sad:
....late in joining this thread...have skimmed,but not read through all the previous posts....
My wife bought a SB Boom a few months back.Took us about half-an-hour to connect it to our router.Works fine in most rooms except the furthest one, where the signal keeps rebuffering.After downloading the Squeezebox Server the Boom connected to the music stored on my PC laptop.Also downloaded the server on my iMac.The Squeezebox Server on my iMac shows 'connected',but the music does not show up on the Boom.After sending several mails to Logitech and getting prompt replies from them,the problem has still not been fixed.Have given up trying to hook up the iMac to the SB Boom.
At 16K,my wife feels it's good value for money.Personally,I prefer iTunes(CD rips in Apple lossless format and 'classical' radio stations) on my iMac,connected to a Cyrus 6VS2 and Onkyo Speakers.Very good sound.I am not contemplating a Dac/sound card option,as I feel that the Cyrus amp is doing everything I expect from it.Will upgrade to a better pair of book shelf speakers,Totem/Spendor/Proac/Sonus Faber when I can source them at a decent price:)

Thanks ajay124 for the inputs.......the Logitech technician says to call customer care and ask for their help for installation. I told him when you were present at my house and could not figure out how will phone support help me. He told me that on his laptop it was working so the fault is there on my computer. Now this is becoming a very expensive hobby!:sad:

--
helium

hmm is there an option of returning this? I would still say buy an appletv 160gb while it lasts on global ebay. this weekend is not possible due to bhaidooj.

anm I don't have option of returning it though I have a 2 year warranty on it. The device was working fine on the laptop so I'm sure there must be something which we are overlooking.....

Just drop over anytime to my house as I'm available during the day as I work in the nights.

Thanks
--
helium

maybe in that case your laptop's firewall settings needs to be reviewed. What are you running on it?

anm I don't have option of returning it though I have a 2 year warranty on it. The device was working fine on the laptop so I'm sure there must be something which we are overlooking.....

Just drop over anytime to my house as I'm available during the day as I work in the nights.

Thanks
--
helium

maybe in that case your laptop's firewall settings needs to be reviewed. What are you running on it?

The laptop was of the Logitech person. I have a desktop. See if you can get your laptop over to my house to diagnose the issue.

--
helium

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back