Stereo Amp Suggestions

dub123

Hi,

I posted this on What Should I Buy forum but didn't get any response, may be this is better place (at least for the amp part of question)
I read through similar posts, but am torn between two options.

Option A)
Helix Precision 400 Amp (Class A, 4 Channel)
Helix Speaker Set from same series, 2-way component system, 165 mm / 6,5" woofer , 25 mm / 1" silk dome tweeter, separate crossover with tweeter protection
and additional cost for getting the housing and good SMPS
All these will add up to somewhere close to 35k

Option B)
Some nice preowned stuff amp like Marantz 6003, or NAD and CA lines. Or even vintage stuff like Sansui 317 if in good working condition and pair up with like wise speakers. Though not seeing many options either here or on olx, quikr.

Usage wise it will be 70 (music) : 30 (movies)
I listen to wide variety from metal to classical, but not much into boom boom. So bass quality is more important and looking for neutral sound.

Please suggest.

Thanks

If you are looking a system for movies then why dont you consider HT systems of 5.1,7.1,9.1..configurations..
And same system would serve you well in stereo mode for music...there are brands available like onkyo,marantz,denon,NAD for AVRS..and you have to choose speakers from various brands available. Best thing is to get the answers- do the auditions..

Not so much for movies, it would be a very small portion.
30% i mentioned was being generous considering how many I have watched lately at home.

So would like to start with a good stereo setup.

Helix is a car audio manufacturing company and i dont think you live in a car[emoji2]
Go to any audio dealer nearby your place and have auditions. After few days of auditions, you will be in a position to ask something legitimate. [emoji2]
For dealers list in pune search in this forum and you will get one thread for the same

Preth30's view is very right. Since Amp & Speaker haven't gone through any major technological advancement, I prefer buying them used when there was no Chinese components in them.

Ofcourse you may have to spend some time, money and effort to change some of the electrolytes in the used Amp.

Thanks guys, I am will keep looking for preowned NAD 326BEE and Marantz 6004/6003.
Sansui and other vintange stuff might be an issue if they break, since I still new to all this.

Marantz 6004 at current discounted rate is also tempting, got a note from a dealer who offered even better price than what's currently on hifimart.

I have NAD 375 BEE amp for sale. Just one year old with inbuilt DAC. Take an audition even if you dont want to buy, it will open some of the hidden doors of audio world .This amp is in warranty period in mint condition one year old.PM me for price.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back