Stereo bookshelf speakers under Rs.15-30k

Hey fusspot, were you able to audition some speakers over the weekend? I had an initial plan to shell out 75k on a amp + speaker + dac configure when I read through the Topping thread and how a tiny thing can make a big difference. I've kind of changed my mind now and want to know what budget BS would go well with a Topping T20.

Also, did you get your Topping from ebay.co.uk?

when I read through the Topping thread and how a tiny thing can make a big difference. I've kind of changed my mind now and want to know what budget BS would go well with a Topping T20.

Well, it made a huge difference to me since I have been listening to an ordinary set of creative 2.1 speakers for too long. Your mileage may vary, so take whatever I said with a pinch of salt!

I couldn't find time for an audition this weekend, so I am not sure what sorta BS will work. And yes, I got the TP20 from ebay.co.uk

Hi guys, Hunting for new bookshelf speakers. I have narrowed down to either KEF Q300 or Focal 706v but the problem is I don't know where to audition the Focal speakers. Does anybody own Focal 706 V who is ready for a quick audition as I am very interested in Focal.

try profx bangalore.. they were dealers for focal and they may have few leftover ( but new ) pcs for reduced prices.

mpw

try profx bangalore.. they were dealers for focal and they may have few leftover ( but new ) pcs for reduced prices.

mpw

I was at the pro-fx store in M.G. Road this week to inquire about availability of leftover Focal's and also demo KEF Q300's. Unfortunately, they said that the Focal stock has been cleared out.

I am excited to come across this thread. I more or less share the same sound preferences as you (OP) - specifically warm and detailed and not loud. I have been auditioning for about 2 weekends now and everywhere its a different Amp. This results in ambiguity. I am quite impressed with the good things everyone has had to say on the Topping TP20 and I think I will blindly go ahead and get these, then look for matching Book Shelves and if you dont mind would be great if we could audition together.

I have been auditioning for about 2 weekends now and everywhere its a different Amp. This results in ambiguity.
I echo your thoughts on that. My thought process behind blindly buying a topping amp was to eliminate the ambiguity factor.

If you dont mind would be great if we could audition together.
Sounds like a plan. However, right now I am caught up with a few personal commitments, which is why the auditions have taken a back seat. I hope things get better in about 2 weeks, after which I can divert my attention to this. Shall let you know, once things settle down.

Hi guys, Hunting for new bookshelf speakers. I have narrowed down to either KEF Q300 or Focal 706v
I gave up the idea of auditioning Focal and Quad in Bangalore. The only way you could audition them is if you are lucky/patient enough to find a willing forum member who owns them.

Sounds like a plan. However, right now I am caught up with a few personal commitments, which is why the auditions have taken a back seat. I hope things get better in about 2 weeks, after which I can divert my attention to this. Shall let you know, once things settle down.

Sure dude. Thx:)

Expert opinion required!!

Do you think its a good idea to buy Focal 706v paired with NAD c325BEE without auditioning, especially if I'm getting 15% discount on both speaker and Amp. From what ever reviews I have read, Focal has exactly what am looking for and paired with NAD it should be great.

Looking forward for your suggestions..

Do you think its a good idea to buy Focal 706v paired with NAD c325BEE without auditioning, especially if I'm getting 15% discount on both speaker and Amp.

Although I am no expert, I am going to chip in with my opinion, since you hijacked my thread to ask pose your question.

The only person who'll know the answer to your question is YOU. Listen to the speaker-amp combo. Buy it if you like it.

If you can't get a demo before buying and if you are willing to take a risk, buy it and come to your own conclusions.

If you don't like taking risks or don't want to lose money in the deal, look for speakers that are available for audition.

From what ever reviews I have read, Focal has exactly what am looking for and paired with NAD it should be great.

Reviews use a lot of adjectives based on the reviewer's subjective tastes. From my personal experience, food and audio equipment reviews have seldom been useful to me. No review will come close to personally experiencing music/food.

Thanks for your prompt reply:)... Forgive me for hijacking your thread as am new to this forum (Still going through Induction), and also hopefully understand my desperation to buy good speakers.

I agree with your opinion & will be more patient in buying THE speakers for me... any help is appreciated..

My Friend is an acoustic engineers, he deals with marketing of Hi-end speakers. He has contacts in Mumbai and has agreed to get the speakers but I am a little apprehensive as I have to buy them without auditions.

Rollingstone,
sometime back forum member hifipal4all was offering to sell his speakers (Focal JM Labs Chorus 706V). You may want to check with him if they are still available.

-

I don't know about NAD but I heard focal 706 with a Denon integrated amplifier and it was a very bad match. Bright+Bright = Ears bleeding.

Apart from the brightness the focal also sruggled with separation of tones. It had overemphasized highs with weak mids but had a punchy mid-bass. I think I would prefer kef Q300's velvety softness over the shiny focal 706 in sound. The kef being a slightly less bright speaker would be easier to pair with a wider variety of amplifiers as well.

Do you think its a good idea to buy Focal 706v paired with NAD c325BEE without auditioning, especially if I'm getting 15% discount on both speaker and Amp. From what ever reviews I have read, Focal has exactly what am looking for and paired with NAD it should be great.

Looking forward for your suggestions..

NO, not even if you get 50% discount.

I once took an audition of the Focal FS speakers (dont know the model number now) at Coimbatore Pro-FX shop and my experience that it is a very very bad value for money. Poor mid-range, very bright and loose bass response. For the price quote i think it was in the range of Rs.1.5Lacs i would rather buy a Nano and give it to my carpenter so that he turns up in time.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back