Studio Monitor Vs Hi-Fi Speaker

Happy Diwali !!

Any idea why my JBL Control One speakers dont have mention of the crossover frequency ?

Is it because they are supposed to be "studio monitors ". The instruction manual says the freq resp is from 50 Hz to 20KHz with a 1/2 inch tweeter and 4 inch Bass / Midrange.

regards,
Mpw

May not really matter. they are pretty small and are usually placed on the ceiling. would be very surprised if the corssover would matter from a hearing point of view as for its use it will be equivalent of a point source.

BTW reagarding studio monitors, did you hear one ? only problem which i could perceive wih studio monitors is that they image much more forward than domestic use...as thats the way most folks in the studio like to hear them. while domestic usage usually tend to image in a bit more laid back manner

Hi,
Sorry for posting my opinions late as i was busy travelling. my observations on studio vs hifi are the most important are the speakers and second most important is the room and the acoustics. if the second point is taken care then irrespective of studio or hifi speaker it will sound good. in studio monitors midfeild monitors can be used in home environment and 3way monitors will suit better, further EQ can be done to studio monitors as they are done in studios and will sound good in home.

Its interesting to see that there are many on this forum who use good studio loudspeaker monitoring systems at home. Before this discussion I was wondering if anyone subscribed to this application. Its good to see that many think its a good idea.

Its interesting to see that there are many on this forum who use good studio loudspeaker monitoring systems at home. Before this discussion I was wondering if anyone subscribed to this application. Its good to see that many think its a good idea.

there are more than you will imagine (people who use studio monitors at home) and i suppose that one of the not insignificant factors is that the wife (spouse) likes the form factor.

Hi All,
I was out for a brief vacation.

I haven't yet bought the B25s.

Reason: I wanted the maple finish. Lakozy only had the black ash finish.

But Mr Priyesh (Lokozy - Mumbai) said that if i can wait for around 4-6 weeks, they can order it for me. So i have asked Mr Priyesh to go ahead.

Manwhile i haven't yet decided on the amp and cdp.

Psychotropic had suggested Arcam-A18. I checked the prices at Absolute Phase in Bangalore. I was quoted 50 to 55K. :-(. I would like to know which store is it available for 43K ?

As u might have guessed, i am indeed buying the speakers first and then the amp. I knwo it goes against most suggestions in the forum, but i am kind of stuck on B25s.

Also wanted some advice about whether Arcam solo mini is a good option for B25s ? At 25W RMS is it too underpowered for the B25s ? The Arcam solo mini costs 60K. There is a bigger brother Arcam solo music costing around a lakh. That has an output of 50W Rms. Even the A18 is 50 W RMS.

Though the Arcam options are expensive, i have been doing some reading on the net about them. Sounds like they make great amps.
I would want to know the comaptibility for Arcam solo mini with B25s.

Thanks for all the help.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back