Suggest AC for home

arnab

Hello Everyone,
Im from Kolkata and planning to buy 1 AC for my house.

Room spec as Below:

Length = 11 ft
Width = 10 ft
Height = 9 ft
South East facing, Not exposed to sun directly, our is 3rd floor and have another 2 floors on top
Please suggest 2-3 models. I already read few long threads here(suggesting Sharp,Panasonic,LG) which are really very knowledgeable but at the end get confused which one to select. Give me the price range too.:)

1 Ton AC is good enough. Are you looking for Window or Split AC?

Hitachi and Carrier brands are something i have used and studied in detail even from factory manufacturing and design perspective.

Most important is the service network. Poke around and ask detailed questions around it.

Buy only from the manufacturer dealers (who only sell AC's and nothing else).

For ex: Mitsubishi imports AC's from Thailand, and do not have much a service network.

+1
Carrier India has been taken over by Chinese company Midea, and it is now Air Conditioner (AC) & Home Appliance Online in India - Carrier Midea India . In India (and rest of world) most of the brands source components either from China or Thailand. Before buying AC, make sure it doesn't run on R-22 refrigerant, you better buy an AC that runs on R410A. Preferably inverter AC. my personal choice is Sharp

Last edited:
Thanks for your suggestion. I also prefer to buy inverter AC may be from Sharp/LG/Daikin. Which one you suggest keeping in mind after sales service and quality of parts. thanks..

My vote would be for Hitachi. Inverter AC's are expensive no doubt. Try to look for EER figure as well. The higher it is, lower the power consumption. Anything over 3.5 is good. Hitachi/LG have models up to 3.8 EER

I suggest Hitachi.last month i purchased daikin ac for my relatives 2nd onwards ac not work ed it takes15days for service

Get a Daikin, never had nor heard of a problem with them.
I have general, carrier, and samsung window a/c's. General and daikin splits.

At the same temp, aka 25, carrier and general cool better than daikin. Samsung is lagging far behind. All 1.5 tonne a/c;s.

How will I know the type of refrigerant? Most of the salesman are ignorant about it.

Don't depend on salesman's knowledge. Before, choosing an AC, log on to companies' website(s) to find details or you can send an e-mail to customer care. What I have noticed that inverter ACs run on R410A refrigerant gas; this R410A is environment friendly, whereas R22 is banned is EU and US.

+1
Carrier India has been taken over by Chinese company Midea, and it is now Air Conditioner (AC) & Home Appliance Online in India - Carrier Midea India . In India (and rest of world) most of the brands source components either from China or Thailand. Before buying AC, make sure it doesn't run on R-22 refrigerant, you better buy an AC that runs on R410A. Preferably inverter AC. my personal choice is Sharp

It is actually a JV with Midea owning 60% and Carrier owning 40% but this venture is limited to residential business.

[quote name="Rupam" post=652840]How will I know the type of refrigerant? Most of the salesman are ignorant about it.[/QUOTE]<br />
<br />
Don't depend on salesman's knowledge. Before, choosing an AC, log on to companies' website(s) to find details or you can send an e-mail to customer care. What I have noticed that inverter ACs run on R410A refrigerant gas; this R410A is environment friendly, whereas R22 is banned is EU and US.<br/>

Yes from R22 compnies moved to R410A but developing nations like India pushed this again for R32 which is more good from environmental aspects. So R32 as of now will be the future as it has little better efficiency over R410A

No need for 1 TR. 0.75 TR is good enough. Left to me, I would opt for 0.5 TR window AC using R-410 refrigerant.

You sir, are the first voice of reason I have heard in India regarding air conditioning!
All retailers and manufacturers have conned millions by selling higher tonnage ACs.

To the OP and the others, the usual rule of thumb used worldwide is ~1 ton per 400-600 sqft for DIY construction. Actual tonnage involve intricate calculations.
But roughly speaking, what is the area of the wall exposed to sun, and how large are the windows on this wall? Are there awnings and curtains on this window?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back