Suggest Me Peerless Drivers to Choose

Hari655

Hello All,

Recently in one of the threads saw the source to get the peerless drivers:

DIYAUDIOCART:clapping::yahoo:

Peerless Fabrikkerne

Need help from you guys in selecting the drivers for my requirement laid down below:

Room Dimension: 12 Feet x 17 Feet

2 Towers 3 - way
1 Center 2 -Way
1 Subwoofer
2 Bookshelf 2 - Way

The main usage of the HT set up would be for Movies and ocasionally for music.

The sound should feel me like i am watching movie in INOX or IMAX something like that..:)

Please suggest me something good...!

I know this project will take too long time (6 - 8 months for learning,reading, reading and reading)and too much money but i would still go for it.

Thanks,
Hari

Hari,

I would recommend you to go with the below mentioned configuration:

2 Towers 3 - way (TL25SN - Tweeter, M13KH/M13NH - Mid Bass, SB25NP - Woofer)
1 Center 2 -Way (TL25SN - Tweeter, M13KH/M13NH - Mid Bass)
1 Subwoofer (12" Peerless Sub-Woofer)
2 Bookshelf 2 - Way (TL25SN - Tweeter, M13KH/M13NH - Mid Bass)

This configuration really makes your dream comes true....

^^ +1 to what is recommended by bijin. Only a small doubt. Will TL25AN wont be sufficient?

Best of luck for completing the project and to achieve the expected result

IMO you will get much better sound than the multiplex theatres but the ambience!

I will take this project sooner or later so this will be a very good stage rehearsal for me.

Do you have idea about electronics filter ckt? Pls don't buy ready made crossovers. They are craps.

Hari,

I would recommend you to go with the below mentioned configuration:

2 Towers 3 - way (TL25SN - Tweeter, M13KH/M13NH - Mid Bass, SB25NP - Woofer)
1 Center 2 -Way (TL25SN - Tweeter, M13KH/M13NH - Mid Bass)
1 Subwoofer (12" Peerless Sub-Woofer)
2 Bookshelf 2 - Way (TL25SN - Tweeter, M13KH/M13NH - Mid Bass)

This configuration really makes your dream comes true....

Sorry for the OT..

If I am interested in doing a good book shelf speakers 2 way for music only what would you suggest.

Thanks in advance..

For towers all the three drivers have different Impedance like woofer has 8 ohms, Mid has 4 ohms and Tweeter as 6 Ohms. Will this be matching ? Since I am a novice to this field please suggest

@ukjeyaraj

TL25AN is also good but i feel TL25SN having more natural sound to TL25AN. It's like Silk Dome Vs Aluminium Dome.Both has its own pros and cons. Anyway it totally depends upon once taste!

Avoid ready made crossover unless it is a part of kit. Every drivers require different XO design.

Hello Everyone!!

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Luckily...i got PM from Goldy sir from my city, saying that he has some peerless drivers from jeetubhai(mumbai) sealed. I am waiting for his response on the driver details.

Once i have the details of the drivers he has i would request you all to help me find matching drivers which can help me complete my set up.

But really thanks ...thanks a ton for your valuable responses and feedback.:yahoo:

Thanks,
Hari

Guys,

Are the specs correctly stated in the website?
I found the following Fs:

8" Woofer -------- Fs: 29.97 Hz
10" Woofer ------- Fs: 34.76 Hz
12" Woofer ------- Fs: 25.01 Hz

Is it okay?

Hey, I would suggest you to audition, before you buy the drivers. I recently made mine using peerless and you can come and check the sound quality.

Hey, I would suggest you to audition, before you buy the drivers. I recently made mine using peerless and you can come and check the sound quality.

Thats really great..and generous welcome :)

I am out of town this weekend for a trip to papikondalu and bhadrachalam..so next week some time 15th Dec will be feasible for me.

Please let me know if this is fine. Please PM me your contact details.

Thanks,
Hari

Last edited:
Hello All,

First of all i should thank thenvk!! for the audition of his towers..:)

First time i have auditioned some DIY Stuff.

The towers he made sound superb..and they definitely met his requirement, THUMPING BASS.

He shared his experience on the DIY route.

But still i would say the itch is still inside me, i want to test and taste this route.

The toughest part is the Crossovers as per his experience, even i felt that after so much reading.

So I think i would first start off with the bookshelfs, if that is successful let me go with the next one's.

Thanks,
hari

DIY Gurus,

So here is my new game plan...pls give me suggestions..!!

Though i thought of Bookshelf ..i would like to go with tower.

Two towers :

2 Pieces : Peerless - 5.25" Kevlar Cone Woofer - M13KH
The drivers will be sourced from DIYAUDIOCART
Peerless - 5.25" Kevlar Cone Woofer - M13KH

2 Pieces : Peerless - 4" Coated Paper Cone Woofer - M10NG
The drivers i will buy from one of our forum members in hyderabad

2 Pieces : Peerless - 25mm Silk DomeTweeter - TL25SN
The drivers will be sourced from DIYAUDIOCART
Peerless - 25mm Silk DomeTweeter - TL25SN

Now after the audition my goals is both music and movies.

Please give your suggestions and feedbacks.

Thanks,
hari

A bit off-topic but I am thinking of this kit. The total damage till it reaches to my home is around 14k (including international/local shipping/customs/duties etc.,) and I am presuming the wood and other expenditure might come to 6k. So a total of 20k for a MTM kit how does this fare for music with a stereo amplifier (not yet decided which stereo/integrated amplifier).

thanks

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back