Suggest ON WALL speakers for my 5.1 setup

jain1980

Hi Folks,

Can anyone suggest some good ON-WALL speakers for my 5.1 home theatre setup for mounting around my LED screen in my new living room. I don't have the option for floor standers so have to suffice with wall mounted options. There is also this problem of aesthetics as it's my living room.

Was looking at the polk OWM5, Dali Fazon/Ikon series, Paradigm Millenia, Klipsch etc but quite confused and some are way out of my budget.

Budget - 70K to 1 Lakh for 5 speaker setup and 30K to 40K for the Sub-woofer.
Primary Use : Music & Movies.
Receiver : Will be using with my Yamaha RX-V475.
Living room size : 13 ft x 10 ft.

Willing to mix n match for surrounds. Surrounds will be mounted near ceiling. Will prefer 3-way LCR options for the Left, Right and Center speakers as it will be even used for stereo music.

Cheers

Look at Quad L-ite plus. Should be around Rs 80k.
Haven't heard this one but the earlier Lite 5.1 was great.

You can also look at DLS on wall speakers. They also have an on wall subwoofer too. We deal with them and have done so many HTs with on wall speakers.

Hi

Look out for Bookshelf / Satellite packages....

If budget a constraint, look at For Sale by Owner or Hi Fi Ads....

In wall or on wall, they both would be fine. It all depends on the speakers and the room treatment... and budget since you will have to either install or have installed...
A lot of in wall speakers have pivoting tweeters which means that even though they are flat against the wall, the more directional sounds can be pointed where you want them to give them the 'on wall' benefits.

I found the Quad Lites to have a beautiful balance between SQ and box size. 4" drivers in a small box. Plus, the sub is brilliant. Works equally for movies and music.

Hi

The Boston Acoustics Soundware XS 5.1 was an awesome system.....guess at some places the Special Edition ones are available.....

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back