Suggest UPS for Home theater

vij

Guys, need suggestions regarding a UPS that can seamlessly keep the HT setup powered on without any hiccups whilst also protecting voltage fluctuations which are a lottttttt(tttt) in my area.

My HT includes
Denon 510BT receiver
Wharfedale ms 100 5.1 speakers
Benq 1070 projector
DishTV STB
Mac air used as a HTPC - will change later.

Dont want cumbersome external battery for the UPS. I am not looking to watch movies when there is powercut. I only expect 20-30 min UPS time which will give me ample time to "switch off" my projector and setup the right way.

Would prefer buying online.
Will this suffice? APC UPS Model: BR1000G-IN 1 KVA Built in Battery - Buy APC UPS Model: BR1000G-IN 1 KVA Built in Battery Online at Low Price in India - Amazon.in

Some suggest thats not an online UPS.

Last edited:
buy an pure sine wave online ups. this will offer the most stable output. these low cost normal ups switch from sine wave to square wave when on battery. also voltage regulation is poor. look at apc or emerson liebert. a one kva will cost around 15k.

also bear in mind that the 1 kva will give you 10-15 mins of backup

I am using the previous version of the same APC UPS for the last 4 years and faced not even a single problem with any of my equipment. At the peak I was using together - Panasonic PT-AE1000E, Yamaha RX-V471, Tata Sky, Sony BDP-S470, Laptop for music. I have tested upto 30 minutes.

But I have also read that pure sine wave UPS/Inverters are better for home audio components. These UPS are actually meant for computer components.

buy an pure sine wave online ups. this will offer the most stable output. these low cost normal ups switch from sine wave to square wave when on battery. also voltage regulation is poor. look at apc or emerson liebert. a one kva will cost around 15k.

also bear in mind that the 1 kva will give you 10-15 mins of backup

I have my mind set on Microtek 1 Kva Online UPS - http://www.snapdeal.com/product/microtek-1-kva-onilne-max/625329433734#bcrumbSearch:online UPS

But unable to understand if this has inbuilt battery or not.

Dear FMs,
Since this thread already exists, could you let me know what would be:
- The right kind of UPS today for audio and sensitive LED tv equipment ( I presume it’s online UPS unless there’s some new tech for audio equipment)
- Recommended brands ( Microtek and Luminous come to my mind)
- How many KVA I would need for a 2 hour back up ( to complete an average length movie :))

My rig looks like this
Marantz AVR 6013, claimed power out put of 110w for 9 channels
Power amp for L and R: Parasound A21 @ 250w per channel in stereo
SVS PB2000 subwoofer @ 500 W output
LG C8 65 inch OLED @ 483 w power consumption.
The others : players, TT should be less than a few hundred watts of power consumption. The total comes to about 3kw

Though the amps and TV may not be operating at the maximum power output or consumption all the time, I would like to know the safe kva for an online ups with a 2 hour backup.
I have currently a Vertex servo controlled stabilizer at 5 kva

Thanks in advance,

Dear FMs,
Since this thread already exists, could you let me know what would be:
- The right kind of UPS today for audio and sensitive LED tv equipment ( I presume it’s online UPS unless there’s some new tech for audio equipment)
- Recommended brands ( Microtek and Luminous come to my mind)
- How many KVA I would need for a 2 hour back up ( to complete an average length movie :))

My rig looks like this
Marantz AVR 6013, claimed power out put of 110w for 9 channels
Power amp for L and R: Parasound A21 @ 250w per channel in stereo
SVS PB2000 subwoofer @ 500 W output
LG C8 65 inch OLED @ 483 w power consumption.
The others : players, TT should be less than a few hundred watts of power consumption. The total comes to about 3kw

Though the amps and TV may not be operating at the maximum power output or consumption all the time, I would like to know the safe kva for an online ups with a 2 hour backup.
I have currently a Vertex servo controlled stabilizer at 5 kva

Thanks in advance,
Check behind the avr,sub and power amp to get the power consumption details. Back up depends upon the load and how much powerful the battery is. Power ratings starts from 100ah and available till 220ah. Inverters rated above 1500 will need more then 2 batteries. A 2.5kv inverter should be fine and all the inverters I know rated above 2kv will need 3 and more batteries. There is one model in Sukham rated at 2.5 kva that supports 24v therefore 2 12v battery and it’s the only one I think that supports 2 battery and available at this rating. Inverter and 2 150ah batteries should cost u 34-36k

Most of the 3 KVA UPS provides 2.4kW capacity (approx calculation)
If you want to be on the safer side, you can buy 4KVA UPS.

Backup time depends on the batteries connected to the UPS.
batteries are available with different AH values - like 18AH, 26AH (ranging from around 7.5AH to 200AH).
Higher the value the more backup it can provide. Higher capacity UPS requires more batteries.
If a 3KVA requires 6 batteries, if you use 26AH Batteries, it will give more backup compared to 18AH batteries.

There are some sites offering battery capacity calculator, capacity of the battery can be derived form the load on UPS when power is not there and how long you need the backup

Dear FMs,
I have an Epson EH TW650.

Please let me know if I am wrong in making these assumptions (manual pic attached):-
i) The voltage the PJ can handle(requires?supplies?!) is between 100v to 240V.
ii) The PJ consumes 315 watts of power.

I need a UPS that can give me back up to safely shut down the PJ.
I would also like for the same UPS to act as a stabilizer when there is not power cut.

I am a little overwhelmed with all the information out there. (pure sine wave, volt-amperes, etc, etc)

Kindly point me in the right direction.

Thank you in advance!

Screen Shot 2020-11-08 at 7.02.39 PM.png

Dear FMs,
I have an Epson EH TW650.

Please let me know if I am wrong in making these assumptions (manual pic attached):-
i) The voltage the PJ can handle(requires?supplies?!) is between 100v to 240V.
ii) The PJ consumes 315 watts of power.

I need a UPS that can give me back up to safely shut down the PJ.
I would also like for the same UPS to act as a stabilizer when there is not power cut.

I am a little overwhelmed with all the information out there. (pure sine wave, volt-amperes, etc, etc)

Kindly point me in the right direction.

Thank you in advance!

I am using APC Back-UPS BX1100C-IN 1100VA with my epson 650, ups is 660watts model which is more than enough cost 6k, there is another model costing 3k which outputs 360watts, which should suffice in theory. No need for pure sinewave for projector.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back