• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Suggest UPS for Home theater

Marantz offers at HiFiMART.com

vij

Guys, need suggestions regarding a UPS that can seamlessly keep the HT setup powered on without any hiccups whilst also protecting voltage fluctuations which are a lottttttt(tttt) in my area.

My HT includes
Denon 510BT receiver
Wharfedale ms 100 5.1 speakers
Benq 1070 projector
DishTV STB
Mac air used as a HTPC - will change later.

Dont want cumbersome external battery for the UPS. I am not looking to watch movies when there is powercut. I only expect 20-30 min UPS time which will give me ample time to "switch off" my projector and setup the right way.

Would prefer buying online.
Will this suffice? APC UPS Model: BR1000G-IN 1 KVA Built in Battery - Buy APC UPS Model: BR1000G-IN 1 KVA Built in Battery Online at Low Price in India - Amazon.in

Some suggest thats not an online UPS.

SPONSORED ADS
Last edited:

SPONSORED ADS

Jairus

buy an pure sine wave online ups. this will offer the most stable output. these low cost normal ups switch from sine wave to square wave when on battery. also voltage regulation is poor. look at apc or emerson liebert. a one kva will cost around 15k.

also bear in mind that the 1 kva will give you 10-15 mins of backup

Reactions: vij

aashish351

I am using the previous version of the same APC UPS for the last 4 years and faced not even a single problem with any of my equipment. At the peak I was using together - Panasonic PT-AE1000E, Yamaha RX-V471, Tata Sky, Sony BDP-S470, Laptop for music. I have tested upto 30 minutes.

But I have also read that pure sine wave UPS/Inverters are better for home audio components. These UPS are actually meant for computer components.

Reactions: vij

vij

buy an pure sine wave online ups. this will offer the most stable output. these low cost normal ups switch from sine wave to square wave when on battery. also voltage regulation is poor. look at apc or emerson liebert. a one kva will cost around 15k.

also bear in mind that the 1 kva will give you 10-15 mins of backup

I have my mind set on Microtek 1 Kva Online UPS - http://www.snapdeal.com/product/microtek-1-kva-onilne-max/625329433734#bcrumbSearch:online UPS

But unable to understand if this has inbuilt battery or not.

SPONSORED ADS