Suggestions for 5.1 for desktop upto 10k

Hi,

Was looking out to buy a 5.1 for my desktop. Budget up to 10k. Kindly pour in your suggestions.

Thanks

hi

i just went thru the entire dilemma recently. i too wanted 5.1 for pc. i did tones of research and one ONE model.

the Edifier DA5000 pro - 10k.
it has 108wrms which pretty ok for a normal size room

anything below this is the typical cheap 5k 65wrms creative, logitech, etc and anything above this is the full blown 20k system like the edifier s550 and the logitech z906.

in other words, you got no choice buddy... other that the da5000 pro.

i have this thing and even tho the sound is not awesome, id say its worth the money.

cheers

13.3k is a nice price. And its very powerful. But personally. I don't like the sound of that system. If you want loud bass and that's it! Its a great deal.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk 2

Looking for 5.1 only right now.

Need to decide between the following now:

Onkyo 3300 - 21k since 3400 is not available though I am really doubtful how would I connect my computer to it

OR

Logi Z906 - 13.5k

Looking for 5.1 only right now.

Need to decide between the following now:

Onkyo 3300 - 21k since 3400 is not available though I am really doubtful how would I connect my computer to it

OR

Logi Z906 - 13.5k

do not go for the 3300. ive heard it and its nothing great. recommend you wait, save and get the 3500 for 28k.

having saying that, i would recommend the Z906 either, because its a scaled down and cheaper version that the z5500.

:p doesnt look like i help you with your choice.

Thanks a lot everyone for the suggestions.

I think I'd be going in for Onkyo 3300 for 21k. Now the problem is how do I connect my PC to the 3300??

Option 1 : Can one of the ports on Radeon 4850 used to transmit the audio signals through HDMI to the receiver ?? And the other port would be connected to my 19" monitor for video.

Option 2: Get a dedicated card like Xonar DG/DX and use optical/SPDIF out and connect it to the AVR?

Kindly suggest. Might be getting the Onkyo today itself.

Under playback devices in your pc check whether hdmi is listed as an output. If there is hdmi then use it. This will support hd audio also. Another option is to use optical out if available. Onboard analog out is not useful as the avr has no 5.1 analog inputs.

The following 3 are mentioned:

AMD HDMI Output

Speakers

Realtek Digital Output

Supposedly the 1st one should come to my rescue. Would the audio suffer in any way since it would be routed through the graphic chipset ?? The reason is that PC is going to be the main playback device for the system therefore I want the experience to be at par. Otherwise will get a sound card if that would bring in a considerable difference in the output.

Last edited:
Doesn't your motherboard have spdif?

Iam not sure about gpu hdmi bit there is no point of buying a sound card and then not using the dac and just sending digital audio signalcto your onkyo.

Doesn't your motherboard have spdif?

Iam not sure about gpu hdmi bit there is no point of buying a sound card and then not using the dac and just sending digital audio signalcto your onkyo.

Unfortunately no. Have gigabyte g31ms2l I guess, which doesnt have spdif afaik.

Use the HDMI out. It supports 7.1 DTS HD-MA and Dolby TruHD.

Then it should do the job. Thanks for the heads up.

a small development yet again - Reliance offered a demo piece of Onkyo 5205b for 17k on which they would be offering some discounts as well. Final price that I expect is around 15-16k.

Now coming on to the sound- Somehow the 5205 sounded better to my ears than the 3300. Will be going in for a last demo tomorrow yet again but the sub was surely more punchy than 3300. This option has got me utterly confused yet again. Again there are many drawbacks of the 5205 - Demo piece, Latest codecs not suppported, etc.

Finally bought the 3300 yesterday. Thanks everyone for all the suggestions given by you all.

Now trying to set it up with Ati 4850 since it doesnt support bitstreaming. Just PCM is showing up on the receiver and thats about it. Any pointers here??

Finally bought the 3300 yesterday. Thanks everyone for all the suggestions given by you all.

Now trying to set it up with Ati 4850 since it doesnt support bitstreaming. Just PCM is showing up on the receiver and thats about it. Any pointers here??

Hi, how much did you get the 3300 for?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back