Suggestions for a good Sub-woofer - upto 60k

bazee

I am considering a sub upgrade from my Wharf SW-150.

Now looking in range of 30-50k.

Here is one :-

Velodyne DPS-12 sub

"Top of the Line Velodyne Audiophile subwoofer DPS-12 (Digital Path Slot), fully digital 400W, 12" from the best subwoofer manufacturer on planet Earth. it is the real ground shaking, thunderous and extremely powerful subwoofer. Interestingly, it's very handsome looking too. Has glossy black piano (lacquer) finish. Is front firing and has all the controls on the top of it to play it in different modes, namely, game, movies, classical, Rock, etc This is a real example of "Beauty & the beast". Beast because of its powerful bass and performance, beauty due to its looks. This is the sub that every audioholic would want to have in his home theater. AND, it's the only digital path slotted subwoofer ever made."

Pros : good effective bass,
Cons : no remote, difficult controls,can sound loud.

ANY used sub will also do as per suggestions..
Where to buy in Pune/Mumbai

regards

If you can source one from the US - new or used market, the SVS sub is excellent. Someone ordered not too long ago on the forum directly from them. A search should bring this out.

Velodyne DPS-12 sub

"Top of the Line Velodyne Audiophile subwoofer DPS-12 (Digital Path Slot), fully digital 400W, 12" from the best subwoofer manufacturer on planet Earth. it is the real ground shaking, thunderous and extremely powerful subwoofer. Interestingly, it's very handsome looking too. Has glossy black piano (lacquer) finish. Is front firing and has all the controls on the top of it to play it in different modes, namely, game, movies, classical, Rock, etc This is a real example of "Beauty & the beast". Beast because of its powerful bass and performance, beauty due to its looks. This is the sub that every audioholic would want to have in his home theater. AND, it's the only digital path slotted subwoofer ever made."

ANY used sub will also do as per suggestions..
Where to buy in Pune/Mumbai

regards

Go for SVS. You can't find anything better.

SVSound - Box Subwoofers

Availability. Last I checked with them, they ship via Bax to nearest major airport, but you are responsible for customs clearance. Should not be a major issue I think. I would highly suggest you contact them.

When I was on my sub hunt, I was looking at PB 12NSD and PB10NSD

Thanks for your suggestions.

Even though the SVS sub looks good, after calculating the price in dollars with shipping and customs it would go out of my budget.
Anyway to get it here in India?

regards

A while back, I got this quotes for shipping. Add to that the price of the Sub and duties. The total will still be less than some of the better subs and will fit nicely in your budget.

PB10-NSD

Door to door $215

PB12-NSD

Door to airport $230

hi bazee!
the velodyne CHT 15R is a good one. at 600W continuous and 1200W of dynamic power i dont think anything more is required. its priced around 72k.

Velodyne DPS-12 sub

:a range or Velodyne Subs

Homiyar.

Velodyne DPS-12 sub

Go and check out Boomarangs new showroom at Fort Mumbai Tel: 022 22616511/12 you will find a range or Velodyne Subs

Homiyar.

I would second John on SVS. Even if you add duties and stuff it will still beat evry other brand on price:perfromance ratio. They make excellent subs. Go for them if you can.

I second that.

I too own a CHT 15R. Shakes the whole house. Highly Recommended.

Bought it for AU$1500 (6 months Interest Free + 5 Yrs Warranty)

hi bazee!
the velodyne CHT 15R is a good one. at 600W continuous and 1200W of dynamic power i dont think anything more is required. its priced around 72k.

What are you planning to use this for? How big is your room going to be where you are placing this?

Check your PM with another option.

Thanks Marsilian, as you know i have replied ur PM.

The room is a medium sized hall. The reason i am going for 15inch is, I do not want to keep upgrading. av123 MFW15 is scoring very well and lot of people is waiting for it with the new amplifier. For that price, it competes with lot of expensive subs.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back