Suggestions for Stereo Amplifier

sahilng49

Hi All,

I am planning to setup a music system at my place. My use would be 70-80% music and 20-30% movies.

I have auditioned a few speakers like Dali, Monitor Audio, Wharefedale etc. which were available in Delhi NCR and the quality of Dali Zensor 3 is something which suited the best to me, and hence I finalized Dali Z3s bookshelf speakers.

I need suggestions from experts here for a stereo amplifier that I should audition with Dali Z3s.

As of now, I have tried Dali Z3s with Denon520AE and Sonneteer Albaster, as these were only amps available with the dealer. I found Sonneteer better than Denon.

Can experts here tell me which other brands or specific models I should audition for Dali Z3s?

My budget for the amp is around ~50k INR.

Thank you!

Get the Creek Evolution in the classifieds section of this forum...
You wouldn't get better integrated amp at this price in my opinion & it'd gel well with dali zensor 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could also check out the Marantz stereo amps or even the newly launched on HiFi Mart Byford Audio STR200-BT Integrated Amplifier. However, you will struggle to find a review.

MaSh

Some dealers tell me that Marantz has poor after sale service in NCR, they say you would regret buying a Marantz. Pls share your views.
Also, can I try this Byford Audio anywhere in NCR?
Thanks.

I second that Creek 50a thats deal!

if you prefer in less budget Marantz pm or NAD also go well with them. I just sold my Z3 recently after enjoying them close to 2 years

one of the best speaker <40k you dont have to worry about sub absence with these 7" drive.

Get the Creek Evolution in the classifieds section of this forum...
You wouldn't get better integrated amp at this price in my opinion & it'd gel well with dali zensor 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could also check out the Marantz stereo amps or even the newly launched on HiFi Mart Byford Audio STR200-BT Integrated Amplifier. However, you will struggle to find a review.

MaSh

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response.
The dealers tell me that Marantz has poor after sale service in NCR/India. He said you would regret buying it. Pls share your views.
Also, can I audition this Byford amp anywhere in NCR?

Thanks.

at that price point theres nothing better in SQ than the acoustic portrait swara amp.

if you liked the soneteer, then why not go for it?

what was price of soneteer alabaster amp?

at that price point theres nothing better in SQ than the acoustic portrait swara amp.

How much is that amp for and where did you try it?
I am not able to find a vendor for the same in NCR. Any suggestions please?

Thanks

How much is that amp for and where did you try it?
I am not able to find a vendor for the same in NCR. Any suggestions please?

Thanks

The amp was about ~35-40k when I bought. You can get it directly from Acoustic Portrait in Bangalore. You should be able to get a contact from their website. You need to contact them directly.

Thanks

Some dealers tell me that Marantz has poor after sale service in NCR, they say you would regret buying a Marantz. Pls share your views.
Also, can I try this Byford Audio anywhere in NCR?
Thanks.
Integrated amps are generally considered to be strongly made and capable of withstanding rough handling too.
I have hardly seen any issues regarding int amp against AVR in this very forum.
I have seen many people are using them for like decades.

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using Tapatalk

I am also looking for stereo amp. But in Hyderabad no Demos are available. Hence below is info collected based on reviews and seller's views only. Might be useful. Below options I found:

MArantz - 5005, around 32K, Denon PMA520AE 24K, Cambridge audio AM10 27K, Yamaha AS500 25K- discontiued and replaced with S500 (with tuner). AS500 has 5* rating everywhere but not available, TAGA - 28K hybrid amp with valve + USB DAC if u like tube sound. Onkyo 5010 28K was also rated high but not available in India. For low RMS u can try Austonia. Sonodyne alos I saw on net but did not get more info about SQ or review ratings.

General opinion is Cambridge audio comes first then Marantz and Denon. But Denon comes wiith 30% less price and SQ highly depends on speaker u use. Yamaha - only AS500 great in stereo amp. just check type of power transformer ued. I think nonoe above contain Toroidal transformer.

One important thing: Certain brand combinations of Amp+Speaker sounds great. I listened Denon with Polk audio and Jamo. SQ was superub. Beyond technical match, real sound form the combo make lot of difference

Has anyone heard Quad Vena, I am planning to buy one (around 50 k). please share your experiences if you have one, online reviews are very less.
Due to space restriction i am looking for an amp to pair with bookshelf speakers

Back