SVS PB 1000 pro or SVS PB 2000 pro

Shaishav_Udani

Hi, im looking to upgrade my subwoofer drom yamaha ns-300 to either svs pb 1000 pro or pb 2000 pro. My current set up is denon x2700h receiver, polk signature s60 as mains, s30 as center and s10 as surround. My usage is 65% music and 35% movies. My room size is approx. 3100 cubic feet. Or 325 sq. ft. I listen at moderate volume level say between -20 to -15db.

Hi, im looking to upgrade my subwoofer drom yamaha ns-300 to either svs pb 1000 pro or pb 2000 pro. My current set up is denon x2700h receiver, polk signature s60 as mains, s30 as center and s10 as surround. My usage is 65% music and 35% movies. My room size is approx. 3100 cubic feet. Or 325 sq. ft. I listen at moderate volume level say between -20 to -15db.
65% music the svs pb1000 and 2000 are not the best choice. You should go for rythmik subs. Go for the fvx12.

That's a large room. Ideally, you should go with a ported sub if you want to properly pressurise the room.

While ported subs are not per se known for their musical prowess, some manufacturers do make decent ones which are capable of keeping up with tunes. Rythmik is one such manufacturer.

For your room size, a 15 inch ported won't be out of the question. Something like the Rythmik FVX15 should work well.

If you want to stick to sealed, doubling up on two 12 inchers won't be a bad idea either.

Check Golden Ear subwoofers.. powerful and i think they are decently priced + outperforms SVS subs as per youtube reviews.

I use a simple PB1000 in a 10x15 room with an opening on the side. Absolutely fantastic for movies. I tried it for music long time back. It was good , but the bass will not be tight like a sealed sub. If you like drama in your bass then good. I'd suggest go for SB series which are sealed subs.

MaSh

Like other have suggested, SVS is over-priced in India. Do check Arendal too, read somewhere that they are priced similar to European prices in India.
You can check with local dealers, they would definitely give you some discount.

I'm based in Oman. Im getting pb 2000 pro for approx. 90k inr. Hope it is a good deal for this price? Pb 1000 pro is for approx 65 inr. So thinking of going with pb 2000 pro.. other company subs are not available in Oman, so frankly dont have much choice. I can get polk hts 12 though in Oman.

Arendal is very well priced and more suited to both movies and music. Their 14" sub is supposed to be really really good.

I'm based in Oman. Im getting pb 2000 pro for approx. 90k inr. Hope it is a good deal for this price? Pb 1000 pro is for approx 65 inr. So thinking of going with pb 2000 pro.. other company subs are not available in Oman, so frankly dont have much choice. I can get polk hts 12 though in Oman.
~ 90k is a decent price.
I’m not sure, but I guess, Arendal ships to Oman too, once check with them. If not then SVS is definitely better than Polk.
Generally, for Sub and Center going for the biggest model is always suggested, so if budget permits definitely go for the bigger series. If music is your priority, do check sealed version too.

I'm based in Oman. Im getting pb 2000 pro for approx. 90k inr. Hope it is a good deal for this price? Pb 1000 pro is for approx 65 inr. So thinking of going with pb 2000 pro.. other company subs are not available in Oman, so frankly dont have much choice. I can get polk hts 12 though in OmWeight of pb2000 pro is very heavy also international extra luggage is very high.
its a gud deal
as ur traveling over air kindly check the product weight into consideration pb2000 is heavy and u may have to pay for extra luggage

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back