SVS pb2000 Duals to JBL 4642a wow

annapl

Don't waste your money in svs pb2000 they lack mid bass not good for music
movies sounds okish im dint measure with rew i trust my ears but placement never helped they gave only backpain.
pb2000 are hyped up. So don't waste your money. Stay away take an audition to believe. I live in interior part of tamilnadu where demo is not possible so had to depend on reviews. Too bad I was actually felt cheated by the svs pb2000 reviews. This is my opinion svs owners please dont blast me.
I sold (thrown away) both of them and bought these monsters:
https://jblpro.com/en/products/4642a
They sound beautiful for music and thunderous for movies. No placement required (cant move 108kgs) actually to test lol lol)
Believe me, it will shake your entire house. Only, need to work on hiding these subs coz everyone will be afraid looking at these. My sub hunt ends here....

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-11-05 at 5.16.31 PM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-11-05 at 5.16.31 PM (1).jpeg
    97.5 KB · Views: 256
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-11-05 at 5.16.31 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-11-05 at 5.16.31 PM.jpeg
    104.1 KB · Views: 248
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-11-05 at 5.16.32 PM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-11-05 at 5.16.32 PM (1).jpeg
    75.8 KB · Views: 239
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-11-05 at 5.16.32 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-11-05 at 5.16.32 PM.jpeg
    79.5 KB · Views: 242
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-11-05 at 5.16.33 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-11-05 at 5.16.33 PM.jpeg
    81.3 KB · Views: 252
Last edited by a moderator:
movies sounds okish im dint measure with rew i trust my ears
but placements never helped they gave only backpain
pb2000 are hyped crap subwoofers don't waste your money
kindly stay away take an audition to believe
i live in interior part of tamilnadu where demo is not possible
i have to depend on reviews i was actually f**** by svs pb2000 reviews
this is my opinion svs owners please dont bang me
sold(thrown away) both of them and bought
these monsters https://jblpro.com/en/products/4642a
sounding beautiful for music thunderous for movies no placements required(cant move(108kgs) actually to test lol lol)
believe me it will shake your entire house
have to work on hiding these subs coz everyone will be afraid looking at these.... My sub hunt ends here....

Congrats & good that the JBL's are working for you. Don't worry, no one will bang anyone. :) Regarding PB 2000. I guess it works for some & for others it may not. I have the SVS PC 2000 & it works great for me, shakes my room, good for music & relatively easier to move around. I guess Placement must have been an issue for you with the PB. For my room , I guess one is more than enough at 60% volume.
To each his own I guess. May downsize sometime much later. Enjoy your sub.

Last edited:
Phew...read it a couple of times to believe it. :)
Congratulations on your sub purchase and good to know that you are happy now.

That JBL with two 18" subs had to shake your house for the fear of being thrown out.:)

movies sounds okish im dint measure with rew i trust my ears
but placements never helped they gave only backpain
pb2000 are hyped crap subwoofers don't waste your money
kindly stay away take an audition to believe
i live in interior part of tamilnadu where demo is not possible
i have to depend on reviews i was actually f**** by svs pb2000 reviews
this is my opinion svs owners please dont bang me
sold(thrown away) both of them and bought
these monsters https://jblpro.com/en/products/4642a
sounding beautiful for music thunderous for movies no placements required(cant move(108kgs) actually to test lol lol)
believe me it will shake your entire house
have to work on hiding these subs coz everyone will be afraid looking at these.... My sub hunt ends here....
A good subwoofer in the center of your room would do the job..
I think I simulated the right position for your subwoofer.
And as far as performance is concerned.. not many have the privilege or permission to keep such a huge subwoofer in their room.. even in dedicated home theatres..
However I am doing a home theatre where I'm going to install a pro cinema subwoofer. And I would recommend people using such subwoofers whenever possible.

Svs pb 2000 is a relatively small subwoofer which digs deep.. you cannot compare a pb2000 vs 4642a.. both are very different.
And they way you have posted isn't right as it will surely harm sentiments of others.

Experiencing with half knowledge, setting up the subs with half knowledge or almost no knowledge in your case and then commenting this way will get severe backlash.. This review can be very misleading.

I'm no fan of a particular brand..

Any subwoofer needs good skill to integrate with the speakers. Don't disregard this fact. Try to integrate the subwoofer first.. and if you aren't satisfied then consider selling and buying a subwoofer with a big pro driver or a very powerful sealed sub.

Many will be thrown out of their houses for keeping something so huge and ugly..
These are meant to be hidden.

A good subwoofer in the center of your room would do the job..
I think I simulated the right position for your subwoofer.
And as far as performance is concerned.. not many have the privilege or permission to keep such a huge subwoofer in their room.. even in dedicated home theatres..
However I am doing a home theatre where I'm going to install a pro cinema subwoofer. And I would recommend people using such subwoofers whenever possible.

Svs pb 2000 is a relatively small subwoofer which digs deep.. you cannot compare a pb2000 vs 4642a.. both are very different.
And they way you have posted isn't right as it will surely harm sentiments of others.

Experiencing with half knowledge, setting up the subs with half knowledge or almost no knowledge in your case and then commenting this way will get severe backlash..
This review can be very misleading.

I'm no fan of a particular brand..

Any subwoofer needs good skill to integrate with the speakers. Don't disregard this fact.
Try to integrate the subwoofer first.. and if you aren't satisfied then consider selling and buying a subwoofer with a big pro driver or a very powerful sealed sub.
""I think I simulated the right position for your subwoofer"" come on man u advised me to position pb2000's in front wall dead center which sounded even worst and for jbl 4642a i have no place other than keeping in center of the room
""""you cannot compare a pb2000 vs 4642a"""" -- i am only comparing the cost involved i can get very high performance with low cost.
i might have no knowledge according to u but.... whatever
i don't want anyone to buy pb2000 with huge expectation and i have spoken to many
svs owners who agree with me who all have no knowledge about subs (according to you )
even all avsforum members speak about pb2000 lacking mid bass.

Last edited:
Nice room, big subs. But they are reaching up into the screen viewing area. Must sound good. My velodyne sub is banging me with the volume set at 10. It goes all the way upto 80. Not courageous enough to try out your monsters. :)

Nice room, big subs. But they are reaching up into the screen viewing area. Must sound good. My velodyne sub is banging me with the volume set at 10. It goes all the way upto 80. Not courageous enough to try out your monsters. :)
just adjusted like shown in the pic
im gonna get 16:9 perforated acoustic transparent fixed frame screen 150" to hide this monster
i got for 75k

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-11-06 at 12.33.46 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-11-06 at 12.33.46 AM.jpeg
    43.4 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
""I think I simulated the right position for your subwoofer"" come on man u advised me to position pb2000's in front wall dead center which sounded even worst and for jbl 4642a i have no place other than keeping in center of the room
""""you cannot compare a pb2000 vs 4642a"""" -- i am only comparing the cost involved i can get very high performance with low cost.
i don't want anyone to buy pb2000 with huge expectation and i have spoken to many
svs owners who agree with me who all have no knowledge about subs (according to you )
Lol.. you have placed your JBL sub in the dead centre of the room.. That's where I asked you to try placing your svs sub.

And why are you getting so hyper?

Take a chill.. :)
And read my post again.
I did mention that I recommend pro cinema subs if space isn't a issue.

You cannot compare these two subwoofer directly.
Svs sacrifices the so called mid bass for deeper extension. Because that's the market demand.

Try to be polite.. it might help convey your concern better :)

Lol.. you have placed your JBL sub in the dead centre of the room.. That's where I asked you to try placing your svs sub.

And why are you getting so hyper?

Take a chill.. :)
And read my post again.
I did mention that I recommend pro cinema subs if space isn't a issue.

You cannot compare these two subwoofer directly.
Svs sacrifices the so called mid bass for deeper extension. Because that's the market demand.

Try to be polite.. it might help convey your concern better :)
i just want to my fellow members to know my experience it’s upto them to decide
even in demo rooms where the sub is measured and placed the performance was lacking in mid regions and for the price we indians pay is way high for this sub whatever they are not worth according to my opinion.:)

Last edited:
Hi Annapl,

What Prateek says is right when you are comparing a big sub with18 inch divers with a single 15 inch sub is an unequal comparision. SVS subs are tuned more for deeper extension rather than midbass. It's good that you have a dedicated media room since most of us would have a choice between a big sub or us to stay in the house. :)
From what I have heard, the job of a swoofer is to produce the low frequencies which your fronts cannot produce. Generally it is the job of the fronts to produce the mid bass. Now if a subwoofer gives midbass then it would be especially useful for people with small bookshelf rather than those having big floorstanders which anyways do the mid bass job.
Using words such as "crap" is truly misleadling & may have impressions on either the product or the person who may not know how to place it. I am not saying that SVS makes the best subs . I am sure there are other companies who offer better products at a better price. But the fact is that they make decent subs with great after sales service. I am not saying this because I too have an SVS sub but the fact is that it does its job very well.
I too prefer trying other brands in general within my budget, be it amps/cd players or speakers & I am not an SVS fan. But I like the build quality of their sub & their after sales service is especially superb. They will never push you to buy an expensive model when a cheaper one will work for your room. In a fair sense lets not put down a decent product so badly without giving it a proper chance.
It may not have worked for few but at the same time it has worked well for some. Apparently the 2000 pro series have been tuned for more mid bass.
Anyways enjoy the JBL as it gives you what you were looking for. Just out of curiosity wanted to know whether the lower part of your screen is getting blocked by the sub.

Regards.

Last edited:
Hi Annapl,

What Prateek says is right when you are comparing a big sub with18 inch divers with a single 15 inch sub is an unequal comparision. Its good that you have a dedicated media room
Using words such as "crap" is truly misleadling & may have impressions on either the product or the person who may not know how to place it.
Well guess his only intention was to let others know especially with a dedicated room don’t just jump the svs wagon and that JBL costing much less then svs offers better performance. He just wrote a review as if talking to a friend.

Well guess his only intention was to let others know especially with a dedicated room don’t just jump the svs wagon and that JBL costing much less then svs offers better performance. He just wrote a review as if talking to a friend
Unfortunately in the US/ Canada, it costs around 40% less. Whether it is govt/customs policies or distributor profits that hike their prices here.

Unfortunately in the US/ Canada, it costs around 40% less. Whether it is govt/customs policies or distributor profits that hike their prices here.
Well even made in India products cost more compared to us pricing. Take lg Oled tv for example. Made in India but it costs more then us. Now apple has started assembling in India still they charge more and have not reduced the pricing.

I think it is fair to compare the SVS to the JBl as both are priced similarly (JBL is even cheaper). We wont care about the driver size as much as the performance. Yes, SVS is a good sub, but it may not be the right sub for every one. The problem with Low tuned sub is that, they require a lot of effort and measurement to get the best and in some cases its almost impossible to get midbass without having duals. For such cases, Professional subs may be good solution.

Anyone reading this thread can also consider subwoofers that don't go very low..i.e. don't look impressive on paper.. for example revel subwoofer.
These subwoofers sacrifice low frequency extension to get better clarity in the 40-80hz region.

Anyone reading this thread can also consider subwoofers that don't go very low..i.e. don't look impressive on paper.. for example revel subwoofer.
These subwoofers sacrifice low frequency extension to get better clarity in the 40-80hz region.
And that is the reason many people like the BIC PL200 more than SVS or XTZ or Rythmik subs as these Low tuned subs will feel very impact-less compared to the BIC sub, if poorly set.

And that is the reason many people like the BIC PL200 more than SVS or XTZ or Rythmik subs as these Low tuned subs will feel very impact-less compared to the BIC sub, if poorly set.
No one sub would be perfect for everyone for their needs. I guess Bic is popular since it is a value for money sub at a very reasonable price. But I would not be sure as to the bass quality, extension, distortion & port noise as compared to the above brands you have compared with.

No one sub would be perfect for everyone for their needs. I guess Bic is popular since it is a value for money sub at a very reasonable price. But I would not be sure as to the bass quality, extension, distortion & port noise as compared to the above brands you have compared with.
yes, you are right

I have used bic pl-200-ii and it’s a decent performer. But it is poorly priced IMO. For example the Mrp of xtz is 70-80% of its selling price in Sweden. Before the September price hikes xtz cost was much less. Rythmik also similarly priced. So with discounts you get it for 50-60% of its actual cost.But BIC is priced 100-110% of its selling price in US. Same with svs as well 110-120%. Both are actually worse in pricing. So none of these subwoofers can be called value for money IMO. Paying 40-50% of its actual cost for shipping, import duties and covering dealer profit is ok for me but 100% is outrageous.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back