The Giveaway Thread

Hi everyone,

Is anyone coming from Mumbai to Kerala please?

I would like them to carry a pioneer DVD player 366 which is pretty compact......Shipping is not a possibility as the couriers are not accepting the player.

Any help anybody?

Thanks

Vinod

Last edited:
PlayStation 3 (first generation) with the 'yellow light of death problem'. Tried to get it fixed locally once but no luck. If anyone of you feel confident you can, it's yours!
f5051f2e6c10ba9518219adb1f46e30d.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_E8 dual sim using Tapatalk

PlayStation 3 (first generation) with the 'yellow light of death problem'. Tried to get it fixed locally once but no luck. If anyone of you feel confident you can, it's yours!

What do you mean by 'yellow light of death problem'? Is it a known issue? What is the repair quote by the service center? I dont mind taking a chance if you think its worth shipping it to Bangalore?

MaSh

What do you mean by 'yellow light of death problem'? Is it a known issue? What is the repair quote by the service center? I dont mind taking a chance if you think its worth shipping it to Bangalore?

MaSh
It was apparently a common problem with that particular model. Happened when the PS was left on for very long. Don't know what the service centre quoted, it was a long time ago!

Anyway, someone else has already beat you to it.

@Mash google will tell the story. :)
@aashish seems didn't you refrigerate this as per the refrigerator theory, like enough to prolong its life.. Sorry for the loss though

@Mash google will tell the story. :)
@aashish seems didn't you refrigerate this as per the refrigerator theory, like enough to prolong its life.. Sorry for the loss though
Refrigerate!! Haha!

My brother did try to fix it for a while by reading about it and sending to local technicians. But he long moved on to PS3 slim and now to a gaming PC. We didn't even know this was still lying around!!

I can try.
EDIT: just saw its gone.

Regards
Sachin

Last edited:
Recently relocated. Looking for pair of speakers do connect with Sony GZR8D. Got the main unit(without speakers) from outside and gave it for service as the disc drive is not working.

Any decent speaker pair (may be vintage philips or BPL) would be helpful.

Not exactly an AV giveaway, but here goes - I have a discount coupon of 2000 Rs for buying Kindle Paperwhite from Amazon and it expires on Aug 4th. If anyone wishes to buy, please message me and I'll share the code with you. I would prefer if it is useful to someone instead of being wasted unclaimed.

I have a pair of BPL speakers as a give away, 007India.

Will try it out in the weekend and let you know. If it is working fine, it is yours provided you can have it picked off me from Thrissur.

On another note, can anyone ship a Pioneer DVD player from FM "WLG" to me in Thrissur? WLG is not well and hence unable to ship.

I would be grateful to any Mumbai FM who can do this for me. I will of course bear the shipping cost (DTDC seems to be the cheapest) from Mumbai to Thrissur.

Recently relocated. Looking for pair of speakers do connect with Sony GZR8D. Got the main unit(without speakers) from outside and gave it for service as the disc drive is not working.

Any decent speaker pair (may be vintage philips or BPL) would be helpful.

Update: unable to fix Sony GZR8D head unit as SONY ASC is asking Rs.7k to fix it. I told them to keep the unit themselves. Previously I gifted a BPL component system, walkman (sanyo, sony, philips and videocon), philips 2 in 1 + panasonic spk phone in the same way to service center's.

^ Seems they heard about your kindness from other service centers, that you gift your system to them :lol: :D

Exactly, I won't call it a gift. I can't afford the cost of repair as they quoted. Probably they can use the parts from this or use it as except for DVD section, everything else is working fine. Can be used as amp.

I have a pair of BPL speakers as a give away, 007India.

Will try it out in the weekend and let you know. If it is working fine, it is yours provided you can have it picked off me from Thrissur.

On another note, can anyone ship a Pioneer DVD player from FM "WLG" to me in Thrissur? WLG is not well and hence unable to ship.

I would be grateful to any Mumbai FM who can do this for me. I will of course bear the shipping cost (DTDC seems to be the cheapest) from Mumbai to Thrissur.
Hi Vinod,

You still need help in shipping the DVD player to you? I can try .

A Videocon walkman for giveaway.

It's sealed product never used.

Any takers ?

Taker pays the shipping. Will ship anywhere in India.

Also have some original VCDs

MAD MAX
LETHAL WEAPON 2
HARD TO KILL
ONE FINE DAY
IF LOOKS COULD KILL
POLICE ACADEMY 5
FOR YOUR EYES ONLY
THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS

Do note these are all VCDs but branded ones.

Let me know guys.

Cheers

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back