The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy Blu-ray

I have the extended version of DVD for last 3 yrs... I never found it boring..Yeah it depends on the individual.....Yeah it has a lot of details which could have removed...but still the war scenes were one of the best ever filmed......
Peter Jackson wanted to be true to the book as far as possible. In fact, he and the producers faced a lot of flak because they removed the Tom Bombadil character. So yeah, depends upon what you like. I have both editions on DVD. I personally liked the extended editions because it explained a lot of things that are missing in the threatrical edition.

Peter Jackson wanted to be true to the book as far as possible. In fact, he and the producers faced a lot of flak because they removed the Tom Bombadil character. So yeah, depends upon what you like. I have both editions on DVD. I personally liked the extended editions because it explained a lot of things that are missing in the threatrical edition.

Yeah exactly....this is not a movie for killing 2 hours.....

It would be good if we can do a comparison from US and Indian version of this Blu ray....

Are they same? or indian is screwed to the core?

Yeah exactly....this is not a movie for killing 2 hours.....

Definitely not. There are plenty others for that. :)

It would be good if we can do a comparison from US and Indian version of this Blu ray....

As far as the DVD is concerned, I watched the extended edition in US (rented) and purchased the Indian box set. I can't seem to recall anything that was missing in The Fellowship of the Ring between the two.

There might be change in Packaging..but Transfer wise Indian version will be same as US/UK versions.

There might be change in Packaging..but Transfer wise Indian version will be same as US/UK versions.
Our world famous Censor Board Certificate will be added - either in beginning or end - in the Indian version. :) If the censor had cut something in Indian release (can't imagine anything), that may be(?) missing.

The DVD Box Set of LOTR is being sold at 50% of the MRP at Landmark in Chennai City Center. May be other branches have the offer too.

Our world famous Censor Board Certificate will be added - either in beginning or end - in the Indian version. :) If the censor had cut something in Indian release (can't imagine anything), that may be(?) missing.

Other than a U/A certificate outside the box, there's nothing else changed. No CBFC certificate on the bluray. Will post photos today. Was too busy watching Two Towers yesterday. The video quality is incredible.

Other than a U/A certificate outside the box, there's nothing else changed. No CBFC certificate on the bluray. Will post photos today. Was too busy watching Two Towers yesterday. The video quality is incredible.

Dude, did you find any problem in the discs? that green tint blah blah issue? I guess I will buy from flipkart itself....

If you compare with the older versions, yes there's a cyan tint in certain scenes in the Fellowship bluray. But its there only if you look closely and it doesn't affect the experience in any way.

Can you Please confirm whether the Bluray Boxes are Black or Blue? If possible plz post some snaps of the package.

Digital copy you need to download from net. Even if you have picked from US....

"The box opens to reveal a handsome map of Middle-earth, three individual standard-sized Blu-ray cases, and authorization codes for downloading a digital copy of the extended cut of each film (offer expires in June of 2012) "

So don't feel that bad...

Also for me if the blu ray content is same as US content, i dont care a damn about which color is the box is ......

My order from Amazon has just reached my ARAMEX address in New York, will hopefully get it by next week :licklips:

Will give a detailed report once I get the package :)

Back