The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy Blu-ray

I ordered LOTR along with SUCKER PUNCH, so together they charged $102 which inlcudes $9 sales tax

The shipment has reached DUBAI, hopefully will get it by Friday :yahoo:

P.S : I use ARAMEX Shop and Ship to bring it here :)
The only issue of using Aramex S&S with Amazon is multiple shipments. Amazon may split the whole order into multiple shipments. Aramex S&S does not consolidate shipments. Aramex charges $18 per kg (minimum charge). Hence if there is an order of, say, 8 BDs and in total weighing less that 1 kg, then the shipping will be $18 for singular shipment, $36 for two shipments, $54 for three and so on.

So be carefull with this.

The only issue of using Aramex S&S with Amazon is multiple shipments. Amazon may split the whole order into multiple shipments. Aramex S&S does not consolidate shipments. Aramex charges $18 per kg (minimum charge). Hence if there is an order of, say, 8 BDs and in total weighing less that 1 kg, then the shipping will be $18 for singular shipment, $36 for two shipments, $54 for three and so on.

Yep, this is a nice point to consider while ordering in AMZ and shipping thru S&S

But we have the option to choose Combine all items in order in one shipment isn't it? Normally this splitting scenario will happen when some items are not in stock or ordered from different 3rd party sellers. As long as we choose items in Stock and avoid 3rd party sellers we are good to go.

Last edited:

Baiju, are you trying to correct or what is it?

I am just quoting whatever is given in blu ray.com

The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy Blu-ray: Extended Editions

"
Discs
50GB Blu-ray Disc
Fifteen-disc set (6 BDs, 9 DVDs)
Digital copy (as download)
BD-Live "

and

"The box opens to reveal a handsome map of Middle-earth, three individual standard-sized Blu-ray cases, and authorization codes for downloading a digital copy of the extended cut of each film (offer expires in June of 2012)"

I could not find out where it is given that digital copy is included with the movies so that you don't have to download from net. Please let me know if you know where it is given..

I think you will need to download the digital copies using authorization codes.

Yes that's what i said earlier.. My only question here is to people who has bought it from US, is the digital copies are included or we need to download it from net...that's all.......

But we have the option to choose Combine all items in order in one shipment isn't it? Normally this splitting scenario will happen when some items are not in stock or ordered from different 3rd party sellers. As long as we choose items in Stock and avoid 3rd party sellers we are good to go.
Correct. And Amazon will try to maintain one shipment. Having one shipment reduces their cost as well - especially in case of free shipping. But that is in no way guaranteed.

Amazon said:
There are some cases when we won't be able to combine shipments. For instance:
  • Orders that can't be shipped from the same fulfillment centre to meet your promised delivery date.
  • Orders shipping from different fulfillment centres.
  • Orders being shipped to different addresses.
  • Orders being shipped to an international shipping address.
  • Orders marked as gifts.

Yes that's what i said earlier.. My only question here is to people who has bought it from US, is the digital copies are included or we need to download it from net...that's all.......

Recently WB stopped giving the Digital Copy in DVD. Instead we will be provided with Auth. Codes to download from iTunes. This practice I am seeing from Inception same is the case with LOTR.

After deducting VAT the price comes to 47.10
True indeed.. just checked and the price has plummeted to 44.99 inc VAT. Very attractive at this price and tempted to get one.. but i'll just for another week to see if there's another price drop..of course if you had ordered at the higher price earlier, you will get the difference as a refund.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back