The Movies I Liked

Last few days watched some movies on my HT amazing experience. About movies watched my all time favourite Godfather 1 nothing to write about as it's master piece.
2 . Flight the movie is around alcoholic pilot and how he comes to a terms admitting that he is alcoholic.Movie starts with aeroplane disaster and the way things turn around and it's beautiful. Danzel Washington is brilliant as alcoholic pilot. Must watch movie.
3.miss.medow totally disappointed u wonder there are some Bollywood directors are there in Hollywood also.no script, no acting nothing .total waste of time. :mad:
4.Argo another beautiful movie simple story line but gripping good Direction, good act by Ben Affleck. Worth watch.:clapping:

Though I watch 3-4 movies/ week, I'd really want to recommend GONE GIRL which I watched couple of weeks back.

It is a pure thriller. Plot revolves around the mystery of the missing wife. I found some similarity within Basic Instinct in terms of the background of the story. The "turns and twists" and really unpredictable.

If you want a pure hollywood thriller, go and watch it.

Caught up with Aamir Khan aka PK. Somewhat reminiscent of Oh My God, but all said and done another excellent movie that's a must watch. Won't go into the story details, just go and watch for Aamir Khan's performance alone.

Guardians of the Galaxy ... Ultimate movie ..... full entertainer...complete package .... effective humour, one liners, gripping action and mind-blowing effects. what else is the definition of entertainer. I enjoyed this movie from very start till the credits start rolling ...... plot is very straight forward, but its the humour and chemistry between the characters that makes this movie really enjoyable, add to that top action and effects and gave yourself 2 hours of pure entertainment ............ 7/10 for this one highly recomended.

Been watching a lot of Korean movies lately.Some of them are very good.Most are interesting.Mother,Memories of murder etc.
Yes Kim ki duk is very popular in Kerala among the festival crowd.Have watched a few.Didnt like much.Although Spring,summer,winter ...... was sort of interesting.

Any recommendation other than mainstream Hollywood?
Kasakhi,Vietnamese,Georgian etc.

Big fan of Chow Yun-Fat, highly recommend his movies.

Another is director John Woo. Red Cliff duology is a must.

Park Chan-wook is another director, his Vengeance Trilogy is highly recommended.

Akira Kurosawa is another director that's a must see... I saw Hidden Fortress as a kid and have been a huge fan of his movies since then.

I'm also a huge fan of Japanese horror movies, but be warned not for the squeamish or the easily fearful. I've had folks complain for days and weeks they could not sleep with the lights off. Ringu (The Ring), Ju-on, Dark Water are a must... in particular Ju-On. Of course most of them have bad Hollywood remakes, but nothing like the Japanese originals.

Some more I remember off the top of my head because I've seen them so many times. Many, many more... but these I'm able to recollect right now.
13 Assassins
Deadball
Dororo
Sunflower
Shaolin Soccer
Kung Fu Hustle
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
The Man From Nowhere

I could not help myself but notice "another director" is John Woo ... :). He is not just another director, he is the legendary king that introduced the bullet Ballet. If you want to know what John Woo is, watch The Killer, Hard Boiled, A better Tomorrow 1 and 2, Bullet in the head, Once a thief,,,these are the best of his lot .....

I am waiting for "The Imitation Game" Sad that they have postponed the release till February. I don't see any logic in delaying a release in India any more. Only abets piracy.

Few outstanding movies that i managed to see this year:

1) Incendies
2) Memories of a murder
3) The Hunt
4) Three Colors Blue
5) Donnie Darko
6) The man from earth

Some of the movies I like in 2014 are

The Good Lie
Chef
The trip to Italy
The fault in our stars
Gone girl
Kill your darlings
Her

Many more in the queue to watch

Just watched Predestination. IMHO it is one of the most brilliant mind bending SciFi films of all time. Highly recommended!

I watched Predestination yesterday. It is indeed among the best of it's genre! Thank you for bringing attention to it.

Have you watched Primer? It is a 2004 Indie movie, shot with an extremely low budget. It is also among the best sci fi movies I've seen, and it is along lines that are somewhat similar to "Predestination". The questions it throws up, and the mind bending concepts that it highlights, warrant multiple (increasingly enjoyable) viewings. It is one of those movies that you get something new out of, every time you revisit them.

I watched Predestination yesterday. It is indeed among the best of it's genre! Thank you for bringing attention to it.

Have you watched Primer? It is a 2004 Indie movie, shot with an extremely low budget. It is also among the best sci fi movies I've seen, and it is along lines that are somewhat similar to "Predestination". The questions it throws up, and the mind bending concepts that it highlights, warrant multiple (increasingly enjoyable) viewings. It is one of those movies that you get something new out of, every time you revisit them.

Yep Primer is also right up there in the absolute top echelons of Sci Fi. Absolutely love it - especially the low budget approach.

Just watched The Imitation Game yesterday based on the story of Alan Turing. A few cliches aside its a fantastic movie. Benedict Cumberbatch is seriously one of the best actors of the new generation.

Last edited:

Yep Primer is also right up there in the absolute top echelons of Sci Fi. Absolutely love it - especially the low budget approach.

Just watched The Imitation Game yesterday based on the story of Alan Turing. A few cliches aside its a fantastic movie. Benedict Cumberbatch is seriously one of the best actors of the new generation.

Just watch TimeCrimes and you will forget every movie in this genre, Its one of my best Time Paradox movie I have witnessed. It will have your head spinning at one point. There are blogs and threads filled with discussion to have this movie scrutinised ... A must must watch for serious movie goers ....

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back