The Movies I Liked

Triangle (2009) - IMDb

I watched "Triangle" yesterday and got my mind blown again. In some ways it is not as good as "Predestination" or "Coherence" (which are the movies that got me on this ride), but in some ways it has far more depth to it's premise.

I was pottering about the "Triangle" boards on IMDB a bit back today, when I came across this outstanding and in-depth analysis on the movie, the mythological base behind its basic construct and the various possible attributions to the force behind the actions of the main character.

"Time Crimes" is next in the queue.

Last edited:
Equilizer was the most crappy movie

how was it? trailer looks good

I kind of liked Equalizer, at least this Denzel was more enjoyable. His more recent flicks like 2 Guns, Safe House, Unstoppable, etc. were terrible.

November Man was pretty average, both Pierce Brosnan and Olga Kurylenko were wasted, and the story is pretty predictable.

I kind of liked Equalizer, at least this Denzel was more enjoyable. His more recent flicks like 2 Guns, Safe House, Unstoppable, etc. were terrible.

November Man was pretty average, both Pierce Brosnan and Olga Kurylenko were wasted, and the story is pretty predictable.
Equalizer and John Wick are pretty much the same wine in a different bottle, except the vendetta angle of Wick. Both portray the other as one with exceptional skill and gift though both get predictable 10mins down the movie. You know the hero is invincible pretty much like the Indian action hero.

Re: The Movie I Liked

Don't forget who's suggesting all these movies. ...

Have not started watching them yet... but definitely on the list... so a huge thanks for sharing. My wife was all raving about Predestination and how mind blowing it was.

I was tempted to watch too... but just waiting for the new GPU so I can have the whole SVP experience. As it is I'm thoroughly enjoying movies like Jumper (that I've already seen before) in SVP, so holding off on the new ones till the new HTPC is assembled.

Please do keep the recommendations coming.

Equalizer and John Wick are pretty much the same wine in a different bottle, except the vendetta angle of Wick. Both portray the other as one with exceptional skill and gift though both get predictable 10mins down the movie. You know the hero is invincible pretty much like the Indian action hero.

Ah yes, I liked that one too... very much in fact. Again a new "action" Keanu that rocked instead of sucking like most of his movies after the Matrix series.

Safe house was terrible......no way. Was better than equalizer for me.

Safe house was terrible......no way. Was better than equalizer for me.

Great start, interesting premise, but terrible, terrible ending.

In fact once they start running the movie is all downhill from there. No explanation whatsoever why he betrayed his country, why people want to kill him, tons of loose ends, and no meaning whatsoever in why Denzel did what he did. Killing him off did not explain anything... like I said great start and great premise but everything was downhill after that for me. And Ryan Reynolds sucks pretty much in everything, look at his track record of movies, the only movie of his I kind of enjoyed ever was Definitely, Maybe.

Watched Yes Man last night. The beginning was very promising and there was a great plot to build. But the movie loses the grip as it progresses. Could have been made a lot better. As usual, good skills at display by Jim Carrey.

I would rate that as 2.5/5.

i .....lots of vague reviews, but was a pleasant surprise ..movie is good..dont miss this one.

Technically brilliant
A R rahman back in action
Vikram & Amy Jackson are Amazingly good
Shankar is superb in all aspects
Plz do watch only in a theater with good sound & projection.

Great Entertaining movie... no wonder why Shankar is such a successful director for this time span...

Murali.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back