The Movies I Liked

Watched
Boyhood

Boyhood (2014) - IMDb

boyhood.jpg

PreDestination ....wowo what a movie, any one claiming that he was able to guess the twist is just trying to be too smart .....this movie is not about just the twist, but how complex Time Paradox can be made. Even though this movie was a tad less in entertainment aspect as compared to my all time top Time Paradox Movie called TimeCrimes its still very close. Time Crimes had one sequence of time paradox playing in loop, this one had multiple and hence made it more complex. You cannot understand this kind of movie unless you are very clear of how Time Paradox works. It WILL make your head spin if you actually try to follow the events and try to relate it in chronological order. Loved the movie for that .............. Not just casually see the movie and say aaa the twist was/were predictable ..... . I would give this movie a 7.5/10 ..... Time Crimes was 7.8 from me, the 3 point lead is just for the fact that Time crimes was a wee bit better in suspense and entertainment ........... 7.5/10 for this one ...

Just watch TimeCrimes and you will forget every movie in this genre, Its one of my best Time Paradox movie I have witnessed. It will have your head spinning at one point. There are blogs and threads filled with discussion to have this movie scrutinised ... A must must watch for serious movie goers ....

Time Crimes was good - very very good. However IMHO the best in this genre are Primer and Predestination. Maybe I'm biased to Predestination because I'm a big Robert Heinlein fan and they did justice to his short story.

^^ Primer is not based on Time Paradox as such, yes it is on Time Travel but not exactly like what Predestination or TimeCrimes are IMO ofcourse ... :)

Also I seriously believe how so ever realistic a movie be, if it does not have that entertainment aspect or quotient if I may put it that way (where your senses are stimulated enough and throughout) it does not serve the purpose as a movie (or cinema). Primer for me was one such movie. It was ultra realistic as far as conceptualising the time travle concept goes, but seriously lacked in the entertainment aspect, where in my senses were not tapped at all, I enjoyed it but was not over whelmed by it. The way I was in TimeCrimes and Predestination.

Last edited:
Another movie which is vaguely based on the same concept is Triangle and its very high on entrainment quotient

Alan Partidge - Alpha Papa.
A superb British comedy with extremely funny dialogues. Definitely deserves a watch as a break from the Hollywood style of comedy.

i .....lots of vague reviews, but was a pleasant surprise ..movie is good..dont miss this one.

Technically brilliant
A R rahman back in action
Vikram & Amy Jackson are Amazingly good
Shankar is superb in all aspects
Plz do watch only in a theater with good sound & projection.

Attachments

• Shankar-I-Movie.jpg
    Shankar-I-Movie.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 78
Re: The Movie I Liked

By the promos of it ..... Looks like a complete garbage. ..... Sorry honest openion.

PreDestination ....wowo what a movie, any one claiming that he was able to guess the twist is just trying to be too smart .....this movie is not about just the twist, but how complex Time Paradox can be made. Even though this movie was a tad less in entertainment aspect as compared to my all time top Time Paradox Movie called TimeCrimes its still very close. Time Crimes had one sequence of time paradox playing in loop, this one had multiple and hence made it more complex. You cannot understand this kind of movie unless you are very clear of how Time Paradox works. It WILL make your head spin if you actually try to follow the events and try to relate it in chronological order. Loved the movie for that .............. Not just casually see the movie and say aaa the twist was/were predictable ..... . I would give this movie a 7.5/10 ..... Time Crimes was 7.8 from me, the 3 point lead is just for the fact that Time crimes was a wee bit better in suspense and entertainment ........... 7.5/10 for this one ...

Time Crimes was good - very very good. However IMHO the best in this genre are Primer and Predestination. Maybe I'm biased to Predestination because I'm a big Robert Heinlein fan and they did justice to his short story.

I watched another one of these yesterday, and it was also very good: "Coherence". I got the name off a discussion board on "Predestination".

"Coherence" is also a very low budget sci-fi movie (but produced very well) and it reminds me very much of the way "The Man From Earth" was presented. It is not a time travel movie per se, but it can well be slotted into that genre. Once it winds up and gets going, the possibilities it presents are quite endless (literally and figuratively). In fact, I felt they were being quite restrained with the scale to which the story could have been taken (perhaps appropriately so). I'd rate it very close to "Predestination".

I've not watched "Time Crimes" yet. Will get it as soon as I can :)

So many sci-fi movies to watch and no time.

Thanks for the heads up and reviews guys... hopefully will catch up soon.

Planned for The Hobbit trilogy this weekend... yet to see any one, but definitely looking forward to catching up especially in HFR (my local HTPC version at least).

Watched "The November Man" starring Pierce Brosnan & Olga Kurylenko.

A simple straight forward movie with not much going around but a good spy thriller.

Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0311113/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

After a long time, I have purchased a Bluray disc and it happens to be of Master and Commander starring Russel Crowe. This movie is really good in terms of Sound effects. Right from the sounds like Creaking of a Boat's plank, Sound of Sea Water & the sound big Canon guns are all as authentic as you can get. I think it truly tests the Surround Sounds of any HT system out there. The opening Battle Sequence was fantastic and it sounded great even on my YHT 299. I can only imagine how it would in a far more superior Sound systems.

Coming to movie, It is really good and it is very realistic. To me, The slow screenplay actually worked in favour of this movie. After the fantastic opening sequence, the movie quietly settles down and you will just go with flow of story. Russel Crowe's performance is riveting and so is the performance of Paul Bettany. Infact the scenes featuring Russel Crowe and Paul Bettany are some of the best scenes in the movie.

Everyone who has a decent HT system can give this a try. This is just worth it for its fantastic Sound effects.

135939850698728734.gif

Thanks,
Sandeep.

Last edited:

Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World (2003) - IMDb

After a long time, I have purchased a Bluray disc and it happens to be of Master and Commander starring Russel Crowe. This movie is really good in terms of Sound effects. Right from the sounds like Creaking of a Boat's plank, Sound of Sea Water & the sound big Canon guns are all as authentic as you can get. I think it truly tests the Surround Sounds of any HT system out there. The opening Battle Sequence was fantastic and it sounded great even on my YHT 299. I can only imagine how it would in a far more superior Sound systems.

Coming to movie, It is really good and it is very realistic. To me, The slow screenplay actually worked in favour of this movie. After the fantastic opening sequence, the movie quietly settles down and you will just go with flow of story. Russel Crowe's performance is riveting and so is the performance of Paul Bettany. Infact the scenes featuring Russel Crowe and Paul Bettany are some of the best scenes in the movie.

Everyone who has a decent HT system can give this a try. This is just worth it for its fantastic Sound effects.

135939850698728734.gif

Thanks,
Sandeep.

Excellent movie and excellent audio too.

Black Hawk Down (2001) - IMDb is another movie I highly recommend for sound effects and the movie excellent is too. Audio is simply reference grade and something I keep going back to when I need to test a new setup. Deep explosions, bullets whizzing by, gripping action, etc. will give you an extremely immersive audio experience.

Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World (2003) - IMDb

135939850698728734.gif

Thanks,
Sandeep.

Well, there are many great movies to show off as well as test your HT.
As "musicbee" pointed out Black Hawk Down, it has undoubtedly been a must have for testing HT's.

You can even watch U-571, I'm sure it will give your HT, especially that sub a good ride. Watch for those depth charges being dropped, a poor sub will surely clip here.

Some more flicks which I recall as of now... Quantum of Solace, Avatar, Robin Hood (Russell Crowe), Saving Private Ryan and many more.

Saw "Birdman".
The whole movie is seemingly taken as a single shot. Its kind of psychological(goes into the minds of characters), philosophical dramedy movie. Really liked it. Confused about the ending. Seems you have to make your own version of it from your understanding of the characters. I googled it:eek:hyeah: and found a suitable meaning:lol:

Saw both The Imitation Game and American Sniper this weekend.
The Imitation Game is far better and entertaining than American Sniper. Cumberbatch lends gravitas and performs wonderfully as a genius (which I think he should be used to by now). A good watch.
American Sniper is kinda repetitive and reminds you of other war movies. It is at times slow paced and dull. Could have been far better considering Clint Eastwood. You can give it a miss unless war movies are a genre you love.

Re: The Movie I Liked

By the promos of it ..... Looks like a complete garbage. ..... Sorry honest openion.

Nope ..i was of the same opinion till i saw it ,read bad reviews....but it was a pleasant surprise.

Do watch it ..but watch in original language.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back