The Movies I Liked

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016) - IMDb

The movie is set in the early 20th century New York and re-visits some of the beasts from the Harry Potter series and what happens when a few go missing in the muggle world.

The cast is good esp. for the supporting part like Colin Farell and Ezra Miller.

The special effects are superb both from a visual as well as an audio perspective.

The story is different so you really dont know what to expect.

Overall would rate it a 8/10.

Back to our regularly scheduled movie programming now...:)

Last night I watched Department Q: Keeper of the Lost Causes and The Absent One. Funny how the Danes can swing from delicious (pastry) to deadly (pure evil)! Can't wait to get home and watch the 3rd one. The evil that men do lives on and on...listening to Iron Maiden as I write this.

Credit where it is due: big thanks to Shreeux, tChen and others who introduced me to this cinematic brilliance! :clapping:

can you guys recommend more like this stuff?

The Millennium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson... but you've probably seen it. If not highly recommended... worth it just alone for Noomi Rapace.

Panzehir (2014) - IMDb - John Wick in reverse. A hitman wants to quit for love, but instead is poisoned and given the task of killing the competition if he wants the antidote for the poison. It's one helluva 6 hours as the hitman goes on a killing spree to save his love.

This is a nicely done action thriller, 2 hours long and yet not a moment of drag or going off course. Hollywood could learn a lesson or two here, great cinema without any excess that entertains wholly.

Thanks to shreeux for the recommendation.

The Millennium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson... but you've probably seen it. If not highly recommended... worth it just alone for Noomi Rapace.

Yup. It is awesome imho. Noomi burns up the movie. I have read Henning Mankel's books. Wondering if they have been turned into movies. Been away from this lately. What's new?

Back to our regularly scheduled movie programming now...:)

Last night I watched Department Q: Keeper of the Lost Causes and The Absent One. Funny how the Danes can swing from delicious (pastry) to deadly (pure evil)! Can't wait to get home and watch the 3rd one. The evil that men do lives on and on...listening to Iron Maiden as I write this.

Credit where it is due: big thanks to Shreeux, tChen and others who introduced me to this cinematic brilliance! :clapping:

can you guys recommend more like this stuff?

Finish with "Department Q: A Conspiracy of Faith (2016)"

Awaiting for 4th sequel....Journal 64 (2018)

Last edited:
Re: The movies i watched.

@ shreeux and balabala

Please do not flood this thread with all movies you watched.
Please recommend only good movies worthwhile for others to watch.

Thanks for addressing me :)
No more post only reply for queries.

Panzehir (2014) - IMDb - John Wick in reverse. A hitman wants to quit for love, but instead is poisoned and given the task of killing the competition if he wants the antidote for the poison. It's one helluva 6 hours as the hitman goes on a killing spree to save his love.

This is a nicely done action thriller, 2 hours long and yet not a moment of drag or going off course. Hollywood could learn a lesson or two here, great cinema without any excess that entertains wholly.

TCHeN/Shreeux - keep it coming mates. Great recommendations. I will check this out.

Thanks mod for the advice,I shall not flood the thread and the site with reviews here after,sorry for troubling you with reviews.Thanks for bearing with it for so long and thanks for the kindness everyone.bye.

Last edited:
Finished. What a thrilling, dark & diabolical experience so far! Thanks Shreeux. More please :)

The Best Offer (2013)

The Body (2012)

The Hidden Face (2011)

Tell No One (2006)

In Order of Disappearance (2014)

The Treatment (2014)

Sleep Tight (2011)

At the End of the Tunnel (2016)

The Secret in Their Eyes (2009)

The Invisible Guest (2016)

Cell 211 (2009)

Marshland (2014)

The Unknown Woman (2006)

The Best Offer (2013)

The Body (2012)

The Hidden Face (2011)

Tell No One (2006)

The Treatment (2014)

Sleep Tight (2011)

Cell 211 (2009)

Marshland (2014)

The Unknown Woman (2006)

I have watched most of them on the list. Only 3 of them I am yet to watch. These are must watch Thriller/Mystery genre. I would like to add "Julia's Eyes" to the list.

Last edited:
The Best Offer (2013)

The Body (2012)

The Hidden Face (2011)

Tell No One (2006)

The Treatment (2014)

Sleep Tight (2011)

Cell 211 (2009)

Marshland (2014)

The Unknown Woman (2006)

Wow! This will keep me busy for a while. I have watched Tell no one (terrific) & The Secret in Their Eyes (brilliant, my kind of revenge). Thanks mate.

Wonderful action movie with an engaging plot line that snakes through night time Istanbul. Not fast and frenetic as John Wick but moves along at a good clip without getting robotic. Terrific "slow burn" performance by hitman Kadir. The evil that men do...

TCHeN/Shreeux, thanks again mates for this reco. Peace.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back