The Movies I Liked

I think ShreeuX and Balabala were doing a good job by posting the movies they watched....it was a great recommendations
for dormant users like us, asking them to stop it was very harsh and needless IMO....they were more helpful to people like us...
otherwise this thread is almost as good as dead....someone posting a great worded review once in a month is absolultely boring
and of no use to us....

I was about to post the same link what esantosh posts, (thanks esantosh :)) this thread is not for recommending every tom dick harry movie you see, with one line copy pasted from IMDB, this thread lives coz of people sharing unique, out of league movies or a movie that moves you, touches you in any way, and then sharing your experience, which me and most of the people out here are doing. just look at the way esantosh, sud98,
elangoas, musicbee or me writes a review or share the experience and then compare it with any ONE SINGLE post by any other person and you will know what I mean. They take out time to post, share. Yes there might be very few of out there, but for people looking for quality cinema, this is what is wanted and appreciated.

Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri

A good movie primarily based on the performances of Frances Mcdormand. She carries the entire film even at times when its meandering and dragging a bit.

The base story is about a single mother who wants the police to find the killers of her daughter and stirs up the small community of her town. Her hard as nails character can sometimes shock you but overall you feel deeply for her.

Nothing much from an AV perspective, but one of the more deserving Oscar winners. For me 7.5/10

I was about to post the same link what esantosh posts, (thanks esantosh :)) this thread is not for recommending every tom dick harry movie you see, with one line copy pasted from IMDB, this thread lives coz of people sharing unique, out of league movies or a movie that moves you, touches you in any way, and then sharing your experience, which me and most of the people out here are doing. just look at the way esantosh, sud98,
elangoas, musicbee or me writes a review or share the experience and then compare it with any ONE SINGLE post by any other person and you will know what I mean. They take out time to post, share. Yes there might be very few of out there, but for people looking for quality cinema, this is what is wanted and appreciated.

You are absolutely correct Sam. We need quality reviews which can help decide whether a movie is can be added to ones wish list. After all the title of this thread 'The movies I liked' should be justified rather than posting all the movies that are watched.

I am in fact waiting for an all serious quality MCU superhero movie, Almost all MCU movies have quite a bit comic elements, and I was hoping we have one gruesome serious one. Deadpool was gruesome but was far from serious, let see how Black Panther is.

Get Out

The movie is an interesting take on the 1967 movie Guess who is coming to Dinner and add horror and gore to it.

For people who havent heard of both movies, its about a white girl who wants to bring her black boyfriend to her parents home and the ensuing race related tensions.

Without giving any spoilers, it was one of the better scripted stories in the horror/mystery genre.

Unlike the typical horror movie, there are no jerky sounds, but has good a/v throughout.

Rate it a 8/10

Last edited:
DEADPOOL 2 .....DP2 was fuckn AWSOME ..... But it will mostly appeal to people who have seen movies DC, Marvel, and lot many others BECAUSE most of the humor is witty, dry references to all these movies and puns. and yes 99% of them falls on spot. and then the action ....just raw fun ........ ..... add to that no fuckin beeps, R rated .......just pure fun /.......DP2 is must watch for movie fans ... 7.5/10

Any fans of Latin American / korean realistic dark movies? The movies I meant could be something like:
Heli, Bedeviled, Cold Fish and so on.. ;)

Get Out

The movie is an interesting take on the 1967 movie Guess who is coming to Dinner and add horror and gore to it.

For people who havent heard of both movies, its about a white girl who wants to bring her black boyfriend to her parents home and the ensuing race related tensions.

Without giving any spoilers, it was one of the better scripted stories in the horror/mystery genre.

Unlike the typical horror movie, there are no jerky sounds, but has good a/v throughout.

Rate it a 8/10

Its not a 'horror' movie in Indian horror movie sense! More of a dark themed mystery. 'A cure for wellness' will be of a similar mood, but slower, but isnt great as the the Get out.

IP Man 1 was just awsome ,,,, but you have to have some interest in Martial Arts to enjoy it, else its a waste

I like serial killer movies ;) watch the below at your own risk:

Cold Fish (Japanese)
Bedevilled(Korean)
Martyrs(French)

Don't blame me if certain scenes stays with you for a month or more. Sometimes you need lot of positive things to happen in your life to get over these ones ;)

have seen Bedevilled and Martyrs. Martyrs was really fuckedup movie. But enjoyed at as a movie

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back