The Movies I Liked

The Mule : Another classic Clint Eastwood movie. Amazing performance.

Photograph: Amazing performance as usual by Nawaz but the other characters are up to the task. A very simple yet complex plot told exquisitely.2nd venture after Lunc Box for Director Ritesh Batra. I will definitely keep him in watch list.

Badla : Have watched the original one "The invisible guest" in Netflix. Spanish movie.Indeed a gripping thriller. Hoping the Hindi one has done justice.

I love the Korean movie called "The Beauty Inside". Its a romantic movie with a really surreal message! I love movies that have a real-life message to take back with you after the movie is over. Sometimes watching movies just for fun is good, no doubt but taking a learning back makes the time spent worthwhile.

Looks like the movie "mard ko dard...." is not making it good. Anyway atleast people came to know about Thomson twins song. haa haa.
regards

Anthropoid... A powerhouse of a movie after a long time. A true story of Operation Anthropoid, the WWII mission to assassinate SS General Reinhard Heydrich. I enjoy WW movies, coz I love war history and eager to know, learn more of that era. So I am always on a lookout for serious cinema that depicts stories of that era.

Anthropoid is once such movie, nothing is short of spectacular in the depiction of the mission to assassinate Reinhard Heydrich. Performances are top notch, the direction is grim and serious, but the last one hour of the movie will leave you with your fists clenched and jaw dropped in admiration of what these Czech soldiers had to go through during this mission. I would not give any plot lines, and if you have not read about the mission on the internet ...then dont ...see the movie and then read as I did and came to know a lot about the fate of 7 soldiers who fought like true soldiers for their country. Highly recommended movie ...... especially if you are WWII movie fan .... 7.5/10 for this onw

This looks like crazy fun action movie. Hope young generation likes it. Cant help but mention copy of music tune by the Pop Band "Thomson Twins"; which starts after 2:00.
Regards
Liked this movie for its quirkiness. The villain was too much of a caricature. But the dialogues and some of the scenes were definitely worth watching. Thanks for the recco.

I loved Richie Mehta's "Amal" starring: Rupinder Nagra, Naseeruddin Shah, Seema Biswas and Roshan Seth. In fact I saw it twice, and was deeply moved by the theme, pace and storytelling.

Is there a difference in content b/w Netflix US and IN and Prime US and IN?
If yes , how to get access to US one?
Netflix catalog is different. For prime it’s more or less same. Netflix canada for example has a lot less of Indian content that we can access here.

A different kind of review from me : -

With a drive to share my emotions, which had left me void of my contentment, I wanted to share them with someone special but that special being an image of myself in a mirror, I cannot touch, cannot feel just watch, I chose to spend time with myself and emotions of a movie, a character study, something I can submerge myself into. So I started PHOTOGRAPH, And my quench for someone or rather something to relate to in the dying enduring moments of my solitude was met with complete satisfaction. PHOTOGRAPH is a slow burn, a deep emotional character driven journey into the world of affection, care and feeling to do something for someone. .... its a movie that does not spell anything, in fact, so much so that it heavily curtails moments to obfuscation, but even then the result is something that goes straight into the heart so deep, it leaves you heavy, especially those souls who live and breath emotions. This movie much like the director's earlier attempt Lunch Box will leave you with questions you would love to have an answer for, emotions you would love to be a part of. A movie not for everyone, but certainly for those who adore character study, human emotions, slow burns without spelling the beans, will love this movie. ......7.8/10

PS:- Available on APV. *ing Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Sanya Malhotra

A different kind of review from me : -

With a drive to share my emotions, which had left me void of my contentment, I wanted to share them with someone special but that special being an image of myself in a mirror, I cannot touch, cannot feel just watch, I chose to spend time with myself and emotions of a movie, a character study, something I can submerge myself into. So I started PHOTOGRAPH, And my quench for someone or rather something to relate to in the dying enduring moments of my solitude was met with complete satisfaction. PHOTOGRAPH is a slow burn, a deep emotional character driven journey into the world of affection, care and feeling to do something for someone. .... its a movie that does not spell anything, in fact, so much so that it heavily curtails moments to obfuscation, but even then the result is something that goes straight into the heart so deep, it leaves you heavy, especially those souls who live and breath emotions. This movie much like the director's earlier attempt Lunch Box will leave you with questions you would love to have an answer for, emotions you would love to be a part of. A movie not for everyone, but certainly for those who adore character study, human emotions, slow burns without spelling the beans, will love this movie. ......7.8/10

PS:- Available on APV. *ing Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Sanya Malhotra
Excellent review for such a poetic piece of art in recent cinema. Ritesh Batra in his signature style of storytelling has outdone himself. Unfortunately it was not well received by critics and general public. The slow pace and ambiguous ending could be it, not suiting an audience unfamiliar with it. His earlier works directing Julian Barnes Booker winner “The sense of an ending” is on similar grounds. But i too feel photograph takes his work to the next level. :)

for me the ending was not ambiguous and neither was it open for interpretations, it was clear ... sab movies ka end same hota hai ..... plus the problem with Indian audiences, well at least most of them is they want closure to everything, while I do agree to some extent, I still believe photograph didn't fall in the same league. The "Only" closure I might have had enjoyed would have been the moment *** spoilers*** where Nawaz would have given the campa cola to sanya *** END *** Otherwise I was as happy as any moviegoer will be who loves emotional character driven movies. .. :)

for me the ending was not ambiguous and neither was it open for interpretations, it was clear ... sab movies ka end same hota hai ..... plus the problem with Indian audiences, well at least most of them is they want closure to everything, while I do agree to some extent, I still believe photograph didn't fall in the same league. The "Only" closure I might have had enjoyed would have been the moment *** spoilers*** where Nawaz would have given the campa cola to sanya *** END *** Otherwise I was as happy as any moviegoer will be who loves emotional character driven movies. .. :)
Batra chooses stories which mimic real life with all it’s vagaries. There was no closure in Lunchbox as well.

You might also enjoy Richie Mehta’s “Amal” streaming on Primevideo. A beautiful tale of goodness and humanity in a greed driven society

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back