The Movies I Liked

The Predator - 2018 ... Oh man, my expectations were like (- 10) on this .... but here is how expectation makes you enjoy the movie, if they are super low you kinda enjoy the movie .. and I did .... to an extent ..... typical popcorn flick .... predator feel was not there at all.... but then that was expected... I thought my rating would be 4 or 5, but I still enjoyed it as a popcorn flick so going with 6/10 for this one ..... Atleast there was blood ...lol

Watched
venom
I would say song waste time watching it.
5/10

The shape of water.
I liked it.
7/10

A quiet place
I personally like it a lot.
8/10

Jurassic world fallen kingdom
6.5/10

Saw two hindi movies on streaming

Andhadhun
Superb movie, taut script and great acting all around. Overall, could have probably been reduced to length a bit. But that ending was too good.
Overall a 9/10 (But I am always a bit liberal :)

Mitron
Oddball, sleeper movie. Dont even know why i saw it. The rating in IMDB is 7/10, the movie didnt set the box office on fire. But the trailer seemed interesting, and the movie has a very oddball start so kept me engaged. It is an official remake of a Telugu movie (which I havent seen or heard).
Engaging twist to a typical boy meet girl story. The guy is very clear, he wants to do nothing. The girl very clear and wants to start a business. The dialogs are truly gems and the music is strangely really, really good.
Overall a 7/10.

Can you list down any more movies like John Wick? Thanks

Nothing is close to JW. Equalizer 1 ... could be a bit close ... or John Woos earlier work like The Killer, Bard Boiled, A better tomorrow 1 and 2.
But frankly JW holds its own ground ....

Aaquaman

Stunning visuals and sound. One of the best CGI effects you could come across recently. The script could have been better but it is not boring. Very predictable story-line as always with any super hero movies. I could compare the visuals of this movie with Avatar. DC has got it right this time. Watch it if you are a die hard CGI/action fan and yes watch it in IMAX if possible.

Nothing is close to JW. Equalizer 1 ... could be a bit close ... or John Woos earlier work like The Killer, Bard Boiled, A better tomorrow 1 and 2.
But frankly JW holds its own ground ....

And oh I forgot to add ..Bruce Willis, violent stylish ... "Last Man Standing"

watched today a classic war thriller North West frontier, a story based on a dairy of retired captain from Indian Army (1905).
superb performance of Kenneth More and Indian legendary director, actor IS Johar.

Tumbbad

This movie really took the breath out of me. Top Notch cinematography. The dark environment works great. From 1918 to 1945, the details that is portrayed is unbelievable. I heard it took 6 years for this film to be completed. You could still feel the rain effect even after coming out of the theater. The script is tight and definitely could not take the eyes of this movie. Horror and fantasy mixed which would definitely give run for the money to hollywood horror movies. The first 20 minutes and last 15 minutes before the end is mind boggling and we could have never guessed the end. The movie is about greed and if you can remember the story of the duck who laid golden eggs and what happened to it, that is the one line of the story. This might be a late review as this movie must have been already taken off the theaters by now but still can be watched in Amazon Prime video.

Tumbbad

This movie really took the breath out of me. Top Notch cinematography. The dark environment works great. From 1918 to 1945, the details that is portrayed is unbelievable. I heard it took 6 years for this film to be completed. You could still feel the rain effect even after coming out of the theater. The script is tight and definitely could not take the eyes of this movie. Horror and fantasy mixed which would definitely give run for the money to hollywood horror movies. The first 20 minutes and last 15 minutes before the end is mind boggling and we could have never guessed the end. The movie is about greed and if you can remember the story of the duck who laid golden eggs and what happened to it, that is the one line of the story. This might be a late review as this movie must have been already taken off the theaters by now but still can be watched in Amazon Prime video.
Heard rave reviews about this movie, will gather some guts to watch it :)

Heard rave reviews about this movie, will gather some guts to watch it :)
Nah! no guts needed, not even like conjuring but the script is very original and has not been copied from any of the hollywood movies.

Apostle ....
needs a bit of time to pick up , when it does its deadly

this movie Apostle looks & feels a lot like tumbbad :oops:

A star is born :

This is one heck of a musical movie and will really make you fall in love with your system again ! Highly recommended. Crank up your system to Reference levels to really get the concert feel.
This is worth getting on Blu Ray.

Directed by Bradley Cooper, who also composed & sung a few songs in the movie.
Surprise in the end for me, didnt realise the lead actress was Lady Gaga ;))

Chocolate (2008) starring JeeJa Yanin (Yanin Vismitananda )

Strictly for martial arts (of the Thai variety) lovers

May be some of you have already seen this, but I came across the movie just recently - this was not surprisingly not suggested by imdb when on Ong-Bak / Tony Jaa / Muay Thai page. Next on my list is Raging Phoenix. Only for those who can ignore stuff like title, story, acting etc and just enjoy the stunts.

I loved the well choreographed stunts . Awesome but mostly realistic. Yanin is a treat to watch in the fights and I was simply amazed at watching her stunt capability and pure martial arts skills. . It is otherwise filled with some soppy sentimental scenes and some weird 'comedy'.

Story: if you really want a story for such films
When Zin, former girlfriend of a Thai mob boss, falls for Masashi, a Japanese gangster in Thailand, the boss banishes them: Masashi to Japan, and Zin, with her small daughter Zen, to live next to a martial arts school. Zen is autistic, with uncanny swift reflexes. She watches the students next door and Muay Thai movies, absorbing every technique. She's now a teen, and her mother needs chemotherapy. Zin has taken in a chubby kid, Moom, who watches over Zen. Moom finds a ledger listing business men who owe Zin money; he goes to them one at a time to collect in order to pay for Zin's treatment. Zen, with her martial skills, becomes his enforcer. A showdown with the boss is inevitable.

Chocolate (2008) R | 1h 50min | Action, Drama | 6 February 2008 (Thailand)

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back