The Movies I Liked

Wheelman.... wow a b grade move with a graded result ... I just popped in this one on Netflix. coz I had nothing better to do . and boy I had a joy ride. The plot is simple, A racer turned getaway driver for a bank robbery realizes he has been double-crossed and races to find out who betrayed him. ..................This is a B grade movie only coz of not a huge Hollywood budget and production value but nails it in direction and especially in cinematography, superb camera angles, and tight spot shots make the ride not only interesting but also thrilling. The script could have been tighter, but overall this was a nice thriller ... 6.8/10 for this one.

A star is born :

This is one heck of a musical movie and will really make you fall in love with your system again ! Highly recommended. Crank up your system to Reference levels to really get the concert feel.
This is worth getting on Blu Ray.

Directed by Bradley Cooper, who also composed & sung a few songs in the movie.
Surprise in the end for me, didnt realise the lead actress was Lady Gaga ;))
This movie reminded me Hindi "Aashiqui 2". Story is very similar.

^^ True.

Mohalla Assi :

I am falling in love with the guys & gals who curate the movie selection at APV.
This is a hidden gem starring Sunny Deol; who CAN act if people have forgotten and need to be reminded.

I will reserve further comments on the movie. It is for you to see, understand and interpret as you wish.

Falling Down (1993)

One of the best movies for Michael Douglas. It has been 25 years since this move was released but still each one of us will relate with Douglas character. Even now the world has not changed. Whatever portrayed in the move is true and the fact is that you and me would have somtimes liked to be like the character portrayed by Douglas. We would have encountered most of the characters in the movie especially the burger scene where he asks for breakfast and what follows after that is hilarious and dark comedy. Michael Douglas performance is the highlight of this movie. His white shirt with the tie and the hole in his shoes which he hides with a newspaper and the calm and suave way he starts and later explodes voilently when he looks at the society which is least bothered about his pain and just treats him like shit.

Watch this movie if you have not done it yet and you will definitely relate it to things happening around you.

Tumbbad

This movie really took the breath out of me. Top Notch cinematography. The dark environment works great. From 1918 to 1945, the details that is portrayed is unbelievable. I heard it took 6 years for this film to be completed. You could still feel the rain effect even after coming out of the theater. The script is tight and definitely could not take the eyes of this movie. Horror and fantasy mixed which would definitely give run for the money to hollywood horror movies. The first 20 minutes and last 15 minutes before the end is mind boggling and we could have never guessed the end. The movie is about greed and if you can remember the story of the duck who laid golden eggs and what happened to it, that is the one line of the story. This might be a late review as this movie must have been already taken off the theaters by now but still can be watched in Amazon Prime video.

it was best experienced in a theatre (i wont say "believe me!"; you will ;))! i say after having watched it 4 times now - once in theatre, and thrice on prime video :D

the soundtrack/bgm too is amazing and perfectly suits the plot & setting! jesper kyd.

Nah! no guts needed, not even like conjuring but the script is very original and has not been copied from any of the hollywood movies.

guts are definitely needed - otherwise, how would one experience the gut-wrenching feeling at the misery & screams of raghav! :eek:;)

Last edited:
DESTINATION WEDDING (2018)
The story of two miserable and unpleasant wedding guests, Lindsay and Frank, who develop a mutual affection despite themselves.

ANY VIEWS about this movie

Falling Down (1993)

One of the best movies for Michael Douglas. It has been 25 years since this move was released but still each one of us will relate with Douglas character. Even now the world has not changed. Whatever portrayed in the move is true and the fact is that you and me would have somtimes liked to be like the character portrayed by Douglas. We would have encountered most of the characters in the movie especially the burger scene where he asks for breakfast and what follows after that is hilarious and dark comedy. Michael Douglas performance is the highlight of this movie. His white shirt with the tie and the hole in his shoes which he hides with a newspaper and the calm and suave way he starts and later explodes voilently when he looks at the society which is least bothered about his pain and just treats him like shit.

Watch this movie if you have not done it yet and you will definitely relate it to things happening around you.
Indianised version of "Falling Down" was marathi movie "Dombivli Fast", A well made , acted and directed movie.

Michael Douglas reminds me of Kirk Douglas,
Nice funny hollywood movie :)

Regards

With the passage of time and progression of age, the subject of movies that appeals have changed a lot.

I recall three movies that left an indelible mark on the psyche almost belong to the same genre. In no particular order, they are

The green mile
The boy in the striped pyjamas
An unfinished life

I would really love to hear learned FMs views on these three movies.

The movies may not appeal to everybody and if you find them boring then please pardon me.

Tumbbad

This movie really took the breath out of me. Top Notch cinematography. The dark environment works great. From 1918 to 1945, the details that is portrayed is unbelievable. I heard it took 6 years for this film to be completed. You could still feel the rain effect even after coming out of the theater. The script is tight and definitely could not take the eyes of this movie. Horror and fantasy mixed which would definitely give run for the money to hollywood horror movies. The first 20 minutes and last 15 minutes before the end is mind boggling and we could have never guessed the end. The movie is about greed and if you can remember the story of the duck who laid golden eggs and what happened to it, that is the one line of the story. This might be a late review as this movie must have been already taken off the theaters by now but still can be watched in Amazon Prime video.

Thanks for listing the movie out here. I watched it on amazon prime this week, after reading the reviews here.
This is so unlike any other horror movies, no jump scares but so beautifully crafted. I wish I had watched it in the theater.

Overlord. Not a great movie but one time watchable. For all you FM's who have an atmos set up do watch this. First 5 minutes in to the movie you have an air combat scene for 5 minutes which really is a complete work out for your HT. Do watch it if you guys wanna push your sub and speakers to the limit

wow ... I have this movie for sometime now .... now I am excited to watch on
my HT

Last edited:
Spiderman: Into the Spider-verse

This is one hell of a movie. I was very sceptical of the high rating in IMDB and even the Oscar.

Finally, pushed myself to see this and I was blown away.

The visual effects are mindblowing and the audio is excellent too.

The story is really quirky with Miles Morales getting to become the next Spiderman and kingpins search for family brings many other Spidermans from other dimensions.

Would rate it a 8.5/10

Yes probably they are trying too hard. I even see deadpool type of character in the movie. Bollywood is too much influenced by holywood. Even the name bollywood.

^^ yea I might be wrong though..... I do enjoy wacky over the top action to an extent, like ash vs evil dead, but this somehow didn't appeal me ......

'Little bit' of wacky action movies in oldies I remember 'Big trouble in little China' more modern ones "Guardians of the Galaxy' :)

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back