• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

The Movies I Liked

Home Theatre Systems

Yogesh

You missed lot of movies to watch :) Here are Some movies i liked personally in Tamil
Adanga maru
Dora
Kolamavu kohila ( good comedy )
Imaikka nodikal
Aram
Vada Chennai
Irumbu thirai
Kuttram 23 (Thriller)
Aandavan kattalei ( very nice screenplay)
kanithan
Kodi
Thodari
Papanasam
Madras
Thegidi
Arima nambi
Salim
pisasu
Thanga meengal
Aravaan
Mouna Guru
.... etc ...
thats all i remember now ...
It's shame that quality Tamil/Telugu movies aren't dubbed in Hindi. Only stupid masala ones do. I have to watch these with Subs. I would say that in quality and originality Bollywood lags way behind.

Thanks @esanthosh & @edjamesx for an excellent list. I will now try to cover the I missed.

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

Hiten

Tanhaji Movie.
Those who are born in Mahrashtra and have read stories about Shivaji, heard powadas (valour songs), built Shivaji killa or made clay Mavlas (Soldiers) from POP moulds have certain mental image of shivaji and those times. These days we are fed hollywood style action and super glossy images, super duper hyper melodramatic dialogues and what not. Movies which are historical I like them documentary style. Like '22 June 1897' (old version not new). Well times have changed ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and we must change with times. I hope movie is a hit and people in other parts of the country knows about Tanaji Malusare. I hope they dont make movie on "Battle of Pavankhind" where suddenly in the middle of the movie 20 dancers come on screen and start dancing.

Sometimes I feel we Indians know too much about west but not enough about ourselves. Like we know 300 movie but probably only recently people came to know about Ishar Singh (Kesari movie). I doubt if any current generation knows Bina Das or Pritilata Wadedar whose stories I read in Gujrati Kumar magazines when I was kid, something went little wrong few decades ago.
Regards

sam9s

Danger Close I am always looking at war movies, and more often than not any movie that is close to 7 and 7.5 on IMDB I read reviews and watch it. This one had 7 but more of the negative reviews were coz of historical inaccuracies. otherwise, everything was positive. The movie showcases the battle otherwise knows as "The Battle of Long Tan " in 1966 fought between Australia and Vietnam. It's an Australian movie and is at par with any Hollywood recent war movie. The only exception is the blood and gore which is controlled as against to for example hawkshaw bridge. Otherwise, the movie is absolutely tense, gripping and out and out war movie. It starts off right from the action without going into any character background, which somehow works as well; as we get to know them during the course of the move. I would rate this a decent 7/10 worth your time I would say.

Haribabu

I watched a latest wonderful Punjabi movie -
Ardab Mutiyaran (2019) directed by Manav Shah in Amazon Prime. Thanks to Subtitles,
It's far better than Tollywood, Kollywood and Bollywood movies.
A fun with message (treatment) must watch though you don't understand Punjabi

SPONSORED ADS
SPONSORED ADS