The Movies I Liked

The Flight Attendant is a story of how an entire life can change in one night. A flight attendant (Cuoco) wakes up in the wrong hotel, in the wrong bed, with a dead man – and no idea what happened. The dark comedic thriller is based on the novel of the same name by New York Times best-selling author Chris Bohjalian.

1607392224193.jpeg
The Flight Attendant

The Flight Attendant is a story of how an entire life can change in one night. A flight attendant (Cuoco) wakes up in the wrong hotel, in the wrong bed, with a dead man – and no idea what happened. The dark comedic thriller is based on the novel of the same name by New York Times best-selling author Chris Bohjalian.

View attachment 52701
The Flight Attendant
Isn't this a TV series? Post this in Fans of TV series thread

View attachment 52701
The Flight Attendant
Looks like a TV series the poster shared here is also not the same

Listing 10 of the personal favorites 1. A separation (Iranian, Oscar winner for best foreign language) 2. Amadeus (about the rivalry between Mozart and Salieri) 3. 12 angry men 4. The secret in their eyes (Argentinian - Oscar winner for best foreign language) 5. Schindler's list (personal favorite war movie after item #6) 6. Grave of the fireflies (personal fav war movie) 7. The tale (available in hotstar - a tough watch, be warned) 8. The prisoners 9. Apu trilogy 10. The lives of others (German - best foreign language Oscar).

Listing 10 of the personal favorites 1. A separation (Iranian, Oscar winner for best foreign language) 2. Amadeus (about the rivalry between Mozart and Salieri) 3. 12 angry men 4. The secret in their eyes (Argentinian - Oscar winner for best foreign language) 5. Schindler's list (personal favorite war movie after item #6) 6. Grave of the fireflies (personal fav war movie) 7. The tale (available in hotstar - a tough watch, be warned) 8. The prisoners 9. Apu trilogy 10. The lives of others (German - best foreign language Oscar).
Nice List. The objective of this thread is to get some details on why you liked a particular movie and some details of the same. Obviously, we dont need whats in IMDB, but your personal review and recommendation.

For example, you can start with 'Grave of the Fireflies' and have a post for only that.

Nice List. The objective of this thread is to get some details on why you liked a particular movie and some details of the same. Obviously, we dont need whats in IMDB, but your personal review and recommendation.

For example, you can start with 'Grave of the Fireflies' and have a post for only that.
Sorry my bad, will definitely do that.

What was striking about "Grave of fireflies" is, well it's a 2D animation to start with, but after first half an hour, I forgot that it's an animation picture. The movie is about the struggle for survival for a brother and sister in the aftermath of Hiroshima Nagasaki bombing. Very emotive and poignant and beautifully captured the hardships they had to endure, their love for each other and their quest for survival. This movie raises the fundamental question - who are the real victims of war. Successfully depicted the true horror of war without even showing a single battle. A masterpiece.

The Woman in the Window (Netflix)
Cast: Amy Adams, Gary Oldman
Director: Joe Wright
Genre: psychological thriller
It’s about a hard-drinking woman (with a disorder called agoraphobe )living alone in an apartment
and witnesses a horror watching through the window
It’s a very thin storyline, starts slow, but gets better along the way.
Great acting and clever camera work make this movie watchable.

Army of the Dead - A good popcorn fest. Fast paced for a two and half hour movie. Will be nice to watch in a big screen with good audio setup.

Saw this one some time back. Worth a watch. Rosamund Pike is brilliant.

Please suggest more titles. I dont know if anyone else has this issue. But, for me, i take atleast 20 mins or so to decide which movie to watch. I will go through the cast, the plot etc before hitting PLAY. Sometimes, the decision just back-fires and i will end up watching some pathetic ones.

Army of the Dead - A good popcorn fest. Fast paced for a two and half hour movie. Will be nice to watch in a big screen with good audio setup.
One of the worst movies I ever saw. The cast doesn't know to act, the direction quite poor. Wasted 2 and half hours.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back