The Movies I Liked

Dunno if i like it yet, but popping here just to warn you all that the .1 in Liger on Hotstar runs pretty hot.
Something off with the mix, at least in my rig, so please go easy in the opening scenes and adjust if you need to, if at all you are watching it on HS....

I love Quentin Tarantino. The way he directs the film is very different from any other film maker.
12 angry men has nothing to do with Tarantino. Tarantino cant even make a single film without a Mexican standoff or guns or his trademark film universe of characters overlapping in different films and other easter eggs.

Quentin Tarantino = Blood...lots of blood, gore & brutal violence in abundance, almost sadistic in nature (showing radio playing song during 'violence' in reservoir dogs, modified Bible verse in pulp fiction). Only liked reservoir dogs to some extent in bits and parts except violence. personal opinion ofcourse. His movies are hit though.

He will never make 'life is beautiful' type of movies thats for sure :p.
regards.

I never said he should. Just that both directors are italian and having different take on life and death.
regards.

Rat Race (2001)

Fun movie for your whole family. You don't get to see these kind of movies now. The Hitler scene by John Lovitz was hilarious. Nice movie to watch in weekend with your kids.

Ponniyin Selvan 1 (Mani Rathnam 2022) (8/10)

Great execution by Mani but the lengthy dialogue editing and continuity issues cuts off two points. Very good visual effects and arts choreography. Highly recommended.

12 angry men has nothing to do with Tarantino. Tarantino cant even make a single film without a Mexican standoff or guns or his trademark film universe of characters overlapping in different films and other easter eggs.
Completely unfair take, in my opinion, brother. I seriously believe, his dailogues can by themselves earn him a space at the top.

Completely unfair take, in my opinion, brother. I seriously believe, his dailogues can by themselves earn him a space at the top.
I am not saying his films are not good. However they are not simple in narrative style. A little conceited if you are a fan of normal simple cinema.

Today I re-watched "Deep end of the ocean" after a long time. Maybe i had watched it in the theater back in late 90s and so although i knew the plot and remembered the ending, still got goose bumps seeing the character ark the Sam/Ben character goes through and the sibling relationship that is so subtly dealt with, made me clap after the film ended and title credits rolled. Now i dont remember one Tarantino movie that made me do it.

I am not saying his films are not good. However they are not simple in narrative style. A little conceited if you are a fan of normal simple cinema.

Today I re-watched "Deep end of the ocean" after a long time. Maybe i had watched it in the theater back in late 90s and so although i knew the plot and remembered the ending, still got goose bumps seeing the character ark the Sam/Ben character goes through and the sibling relationship that is so subtly dealt with, made me clap after the film ended and title credits rolled. Now i dont remember one Tarantino movie that made me do it.
Fair enough, you are talking about subjectivity, there maybe folks which do the same for QT's movies, Don't you think?.
My limited point is, we can not compare forms and choices of different people and use it to discredit others completely.

I was moved by Stalker and my folks look at me like someone with issues.

Back