The Movies I Liked

Watched A Separation. I am a huge fan of Iranian movies and this one too doesn’t disappoint. A family is at breaking point because the man wants to stick around in Iran looking after his sick father , the wife wants to emigrate and then there is the daughter. After the wife leaves home , a caretaker is hired by the man to look after the sick old man. Things happen and then matters escalate to a point where class differences , weightier matters of Islamic jurisprudence, filial piety, family dynamics and everything else mixes in the pot to give as compelling a cinema that there can be out there.
Great...Its Asghar Farhadi Movies....I watched all his 9 movies...You may try any left...all worth watching.,

Great...Its Asghar Farhadi Movies....I watched all his 9 movies...You may try any left...all worth watching.,
Thanks ….The Hero is another Farhadi flick on Amazon Prime ….For now , though , Hit The Road by Panah Panahi is what I want to watch …..

Watched A Separation. I am a huge fan of Iranian movies and this one too doesn’t disappoint. A family is at breaking point because the man wants to stick around in Iran looking after his sick father , the wife wants to emigrate and then there is the daughter. After the wife leaves home , a caretaker is hired by the man to look after the sick old man. Things happen and then matters escalate to a point where class differences , weightier matters of Islamic jurisprudence, filial piety, family dynamics and everything else mixes in the pot to give as compelling a cinema that there can be out there.
Thank you Moktan for recommending it. I will surely watch?

Watched Top Gun and Top Gun: Maverick back to back.
pretty good movie considering what is getting churned out recently at Hollywood.
production is awesome on both.
Trivia: The lift off of the roof during the take off of mach 10 testing was real.. as many of the effects were practical this movie immerses a lot.
Rating: Top Gun: 8.5/10 and Maverick: 9/10.

Minions: The Rise of Gru - A fan of Minion :D
Wrath of man - Jason and Guy Ritchie combo. A very good action thriller
The balck phone - A decent horror flick.

Series - Peacemaker and the sandman - still going on

Am sure it has found mention here before, but gotta put it on paper: Roma is a masterpiece of sound design, besides being just a great film in its own right.
All HT enthusiasts need to just live and breathe this great movie!

Airtel fiber is down for almost 4 days now. Each time an engineer is alloted and then he does not show up, they have another assigned and so on. I was only able to watch Bluray films in the past 4 days. The following is just fantastic in Bluray + 7.2 surround stage.

1) Ratatoulie - 80% better audio and video content than ott platform
2) Spiderman 2 - The bass (sub woofers department i guess) is breathtaking especially when you compare it to OTT
3) The Mummy returns - BR quality is simply mind blowing. You'd get immersive experience especially in fast action scenes with DTS master hd near lossless earth shattering sound at 52. 60 and above is tantamount to Earthquake.

I am going to break tradition here. Here is a movie made in 1978, normal two track recording. None of 5.1, 7.1,7.2 razzmatazz.

Its the story that keeps you gripped and you forget the avr specs its played on.

Its called “The great train robbery”. Sean Connery is one of the actors.

The meticulous planning that goes into robbing a train full of Moolah is gripping to say the least.

There are great movies one enjoys even on a humble stereo setup.

Watched Top Gun and Top Gun: Maverick back to back.
pretty good movie considering what is getting churned out recently at Hollywood.
production is awesome on both.
Trivia: The lift off of the roof during the take off of mach 10 testing was real.. as many of the effects were practical this movie immerses a lot.
Rating: Top Gun: 8.5/10 and Maverick: 9/10.
Watching Maverick with Atmos was mind-blowing. Rented it on ATV to watch

Hmm. Purchased this one on iTunes last weekend. Decent watch, but the audio was lacking, IMO. And, I was watching at 5 dB over calibrated reference levels. This one's no Ford vs Ferrari.
then something wrong with the source as the audio was pretty close and sometimes better than Ford vs ferrari ( especially atmos channels) overall sound was great and i remember thinking this one is pretty close to ford vs ferrari ( my favourite movie too)

Edit : my source was a downloaded file

then something wrong with the source as the audio was pretty close and sometimes better than Ford vs ferrari ( especially atmos channels)

Didn't mean to imply there was no overhead activity. Not in a movie with fighter jets flying around. There is, of course. Still left me wanting for more, though.

( my favourite movie too)

Likewise. As movies, there's no comparison for me. Ford vs Ferrari rules. Based on what I heard in my room (both from iTunes), Ford vs Ferrari takes it in the audio mix department too.

Edit : my source was a downloaded file

Perhaps that makes a difference, but I've heard some incredible sounding mixes on iTunes (Sonic The Hedgehog 1 & 2 come to mind immediately) and Top Gun: Maverick didn't do it for me.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back