threaded inserts for mounting speaker drivers

keith_correa

Need help.

I would be using these instead of T-Nuts to mount speaker drivers. Anyone know where I can get these in Mumbai?

I bought 50 of these from Thailand and lost [don't ask :mad:] 32 of them. I need 20 more. 4mm. None of the shops I asked have them. Some were seeing something like this for the 1st time. One dealer in Bangalore had them but not in the size I wanted and had a minimum order value of Rs.500.

Attachments

• threaded.jpg
    threaded.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 110
Need help.

I would be using these instead of T-Nuts to mount speaker drivers. Anyone know where I can get these in Mumbai?

I bought 50 of these from Thailand and lost [don't ask :mad:] 32 of them. I need 20 more. 4mm. None of the shops I asked have them. Some were seeing something like this for the 1st time. One dealer in Bangalore had them but not in the size I wanted and had a minimum order value of Rs.500.

I think I have seen them in Bangy SP road last year ...

Try calling this shop in SP road. J.C Gupta

--G

--G0bble

check with nuts Asian nuts and bolts on commercial street. Owner's the son of tools n trade's murthy

JC Gupta are the ones who want a minimum invoice value of Rs.500 and moreover they have 5mm and not 4mm.
They are easily available in Bangalore. I bought around 8 dozens for my Altec build from J.C Gupta. Do they need Rs.500 invoice value to ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

these are furniture nuts
they used to be made in india for a short period

then the chinese killed the indian mfgs

that is why you need to buy them in bulk where you find them (which is quite scarce as it is )
i have a lot but mine is M6

you wont find M4 in mumbai ( stop looking)
reason : m4 is too small to use for furniture
hence the sale is small : hence not viable to make or stock

Sir, How u searched for the nuts in bye lanes of Lamington road? in Mumbai go to Karwa Gully KHUMBHARWADA , it's sandwiched Btwn 2 tank and Kamathipura area, it's hub of nut bolt manufacturing and trading in Mumbai. The other option is to search entire market at Abdul Rehman street at Crawford Market.

respected sirs

joshua
"nimakwala" doesnt have them

ravi
kumbharwada will never ever have them- this' is not their allied item at all
abdul rehman?!!! - im sure you mean "nagdevi/bibijan" which is parallel to abdul rehman and is the nut bolt market as opposed to abdul rehman which is the stationary mkt ?

im sure you mean "nagdevi/bibijan" which is parallel to abdul rehman and is the nut bolt market as opposed to abdul rehman which is the stationary mkt ?
Have a friend who works somewhere at Nagdevi - he told me he scanned a lot of shops there. No luck.

Need help.

Like Bangalore, these are easily available in Hyderabad. You need
to translate to the proper lingo. Here, they are known
as D-type threaded nut (which I think is the European terminology)....

Insert Nuts For Wood - Insert Nut Type A, Insert Nut Type B, Insert Nut Type D, Insert Nut Type E & Insert Nut Type P

T-nuts (prong nuts) are also available here and are known as Tiger nuts!

Like Bangalore, these are easily available in Hyderabad. You need
to translate to the proper lingo. Here, they are known
as D-type threaded nut (which I think is the European terminology)....

Insert Nuts For Wood - Insert Nut Type A, Insert Nut Type B, Insert Nut Type D, Insert Nut Type E & Insert Nut Type P

T-nuts (prong nuts) are also available here and are known as Tiger nuts!
I did better than speak to them. I showed them a sample of what I wanted [I have a few but am falling short]

Sir. Kindly check with Choudhry trading (makers of panda speakers) at Lamington Road, they may provide you with some leads.

So, Santhosh and I have been corresponding about this and he very very kindly offered to send me the spare inserts that he had. He sent me 8 of these inserts from Bangalore which reached me yesterday and these will suffice for my immediate requirements - Thanks! Santosh. I really appreciate it.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back