Tonewinner AT 300: 7.3.6 AV processor

Looks like it's been forever , thank god I bought a 4700 instead! And comparatively it's sounds better than tonewinner.
Audio is already confusing for most of all and till death they never come to conclusion which sound is better and they will search for "something" and go for upgrade.

Happy that you could beat every passionate guys without hearing the tonewinner..:D:D:D:D

Looks like it's been forever , thank god I bought a 4700 instead! And comparatively it's sounds better than tonewinner.

Congrats @jamesbond Great ,that you are happy with your purchase,that is what everybody looking for and searching something in this forum on and off.

IMHO Words like -Taste,Good,Better,Hearing Capabilities,Preference, Budget ,.,differs person to person.If not ,everyone stand in the same que for the same reason.

Let us wait for GB review and feedback.

Last edited:
How did you find that out?

You have listened to both?
You have seen the measurements of both?

PS: it's a serious question to adress a confusion.
Yup , my friend owns one In Chennai. I had a side by side comparison. I find tonewinner was soul less sounding . But their amplifier was good . Basically it's a flat sounding pre like studio monitor kind.

Even I am also interested to know. How did you come to the conclusion.
I had an experience bro. It was available in Dream home cinema Chennai.

Audio is already confusing for most of all and till death they never come to conclusion which sound is better and they will search for "something" and go for upgrade.

Happy that you could beat every passionate guys without hearing the tonewinner..:D:D:D:D
@srinisundar Hello mr. Fortune teller , how did you come to an conclusion that I haven't experienced it ?? Sounds like you organised this tonewinner hype have an open mind to accept other opinion. I can share images . First of all have you even seen it in real ?? By just reading reviews don't put an wrong idea in members head

Fellow members!
Please have an experience before buying any Audio gears. That would save you loads of money and give the satisfaction. Please don't do any further orders untill you experience it. For the price it looks attractive but it's nothing when I held it in my hand it's just 5 or 6kg may be similar size of oppo 205. Even oppo would weigh more. And sounds really dry , life less. But the bass is good separation are good to. It's just like a TATA Nano any one can have a pre now , but fedility is not really upto the mark.

Fellow members!
Please have an experience before buying any Audio gears. That would save you loads of money and give the satisfaction. Please don't do any further orders untill you experience it. For the price it looks attractive but it's nothing when I held it in my hand it's just 5 or 6kg may be similar size of oppo 205. Even oppo would weigh more. And sounds really dry , life less. But the bass is good separation are good to. It's just like a TATA Nano any one can have a pre now , but fedility is not really upto the mark.

Dear, thanks for your advice. I am surprised that u didn't like it .and.that too by so much..
I would like to offer my judgement based on my use after I receive.
To be fair, I didn't like one of the highly regarded speakers on HFV. But then that's all subjective, I guess.. still what majority of people perceive likely be more credible. So I am not writing off Tonewinner yet.

@jamesbond if possible can you tell us the cost for x4700 you got?

I am not looking to purchase it, but looking at cost comparison with Tonewinner.
X3700, X4700 vs Tonewinner At-300

Will the cost of owning a tonewinner be more than the above? It should be as one would need to invest in amps. Will it be exciting and better to use is a question. In a proper dedicated room with capable speakers yes it should be and is.

I hope I am not creating doubts in minds of people who have already went ahead with the purchase. Infact I have heard the Tonewinner too, but with a setup which will cost an arm and a leg too maybe.

Fellow members!
OMG!This makes me to hear it personally ,so that to make clear it is worth or not.

@jamesbond if possible can you tell us the cost for x4700 you got?

I am not looking to purchase it, but looking at cost comparison with Tonewinner.
X3700, X4700 vs Tonewinner At-300

Will the cost of owning a tonewinner be more than the above? It should be as one would need to invest in amps. Will it be exciting and better to use is a question. In a proper dedicated room with capable speakers yes it should be and is.

I hope I am not creating doubts in minds of people who have already went ahead with the purchase. Infact I have heard the Tonewinner too, but with a setup which will cost an arm and a leg too maybe.
I got it for 132k from a dealer in Chennai . All these are my judgements for the better understanding please have a personal experience.

OMG!This makes me to hear it personally ,so that to make clear it is worth or not.
Yeah better have an experience then decide

@srinisundar Hello mr. Fortune teller , how did you come to an conclusion that I haven't experienced it ?? Sounds like you organised this tonewinner hype have an open mind to accept other opinion. I can share images . First of all have you even seen it in real ?? By just reading reviews don't put an wrong idea in members head
There is nothing to be a fortuneteller for all these audio things..... I never batted for tonewinner here, but your views on seeing the thread running for few months and you are here for 3 months and never put your views before.. While the things are getting delivered will honestly shatter the group buy peoples mind going on with few of members here. Hope they will prove all are wrong on arrival..

Seeing your setup in signature NANO K8 wondering your fast upgrade to tonewinner 4700..:p:p

In Dec when thought of initiating a group buy was started, there was a dealer who tried his best to discourage the group buy. Where has he disappeared? Did he rejoin this forum in Dec with a new handle to spy on the posts like James Bond of the movies?

In Dec when thought of initiating a group buy was started, there was a dealer who tried his best to discourage the group buy. Where has he disappeared? Did he rejoin this forum in Dec with a new handle to spy on the posts like James Bond of the movies?
This implies you say that I'm that guy. I'm not .

Hey I know that dealer personally and he is not this person. His account was banned and he is trying to email mods and get his account back.

Hey I know that dealer personally and he is not this person. His account was banned and he is trying to email mods and get his account back.
Yes I too know him. This doesn't seems to be the same guy.
Whatever ! let us not to make any personal attack. Forums are there to share the knowledge and experience.

I will try to audition this Processor,if it is available in Chennai and post my initial impressions.

I am DIYing 200w per channel amp . I am building around 13 channels and plan to get it done in a modular way . Cost should be around 4-5 K per amp .
Please let us know about this in detail ,may be in a separate thread,there may be many looking for such amps.

Anyone compared marantz 7706 with tonewinner.any opinions please
This kind of comparison also will be very good for the FMs to have more clarity on buying decision.Hope such comparision will come soon.

Yeah looks like you never batted. Please go through the below screenshot . And have you even seen the pre in real life ? Ofc I'm here for only three month and I know you are here for long time so try not influencing PPL and stop snapping them.

Ofc I own JBL nano k8 as well for my stereo. And Its my wish what to add on my signature. Looks like you like digging (old posts reference) and one new for you . Just came to know about you through my common friend , looks like you assemble altec Lansing drives and you make speakers.

You still wanna to prove me wrong. You are taking things very personally .

This is a forum for learning things and sharing their experience. So don't spread hatred .

View attachment 67994
Love your Jamesbond work as per the handle.

Does the above show i have batted for the tonewinner.. Looks like halfbaked 003.5 ( 007/2) work..:p:p

So called dealer till last post told that he is not dealer and he is only audio enthusiast.. @Love4sound post confirmed he is a dealer.

Cracking Up Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

GOD BLESS YOU :

“Why is it that people who can’t take advice always insist on giving it?”

@Love4sound post confirmed he is a dealer.
Yeah and the same was confirmed and discussed openly in the thread which led to the mods banning the account. He is indeed an enthusiast first and his passion towards this hobby is what led him to invest in this business. He did feel very bad for loosing his account and all the contacts he made through the forum. I asked him to create a new account but he said will try his best to convince mods and get his account back but never received any response from mods.Now that his account his banned I think it’s best to not talk about him. May be if you both have had this argument personally you both would have ended up liking each other hahaha

Last edited:
To be honest I dont care much about the personal impressions as each has their own taste for audio. I have been using Pre-Pros (Emotiva) for 11+ years and cant imagine going back to an AVR as they are not at all a comparison. Everyone knows the AT300 lacks the AUTO room correction compared to an AVR with Audyssey Auto, however I prefer manual calibration using external mics and software, so I dont care about the Auto, I am damn sure that it will give a better sound than 4700 (even in Auto it gives pretty good channel separation) and it has hell lot of options for manual calibration. Apart from that front wides or 6 atmos is a big benefit for a better envelopment than 4.

Last edited:
The biggest problem was that he tried his best to derail the group buy thread initiated by the members. First he tried to discourage Srini. Then he said it is impossible to get the item at the price that the group buy achieved, then he posted photos of how he has obtained the same earlier than the others. Also he denied that he is a dealer. Nothing in this world is free. If he had been honest about the whole episode, maybe few members would have got few units from him (albeit at a higher price).

What I didn't like was him questioning Srini, who is a long time respected HFV member on certifications, import export norms when Srini said he could help because of his experience in importing things from China.

@mbhangui... Thanks.

Forum consists of unknown members and run by a likeminded person to benefit in whole... Can anyone tell hifimart price is high on any other items in market. Several time i told hifimart price is cheaper than getting from any other dealer directly which shows it benefits the forum members..

In my opinion there is no end to the audio buy.. It keeps changing once we hear others system in friends place and also reading reviews.. It is always safer and wiser to get in rock bottom price.

I am into Home automation and LED light business have good connection in china and have tieup with a warehouse which is operated by a big group in Chennai. They are importing LED lights once in a week. They are ready to accommodate any items with rock bottom shipping charges and bring and deliver to chennai since they need to full the containers .. That is why i offered to take pain, neither i gain from this or loose from this.

Plus i never batted for tonewinner abilities and solely going with the reviews going on in net plus the price factor also clearly indicated if anybody organising the groupbuy i will help in shipping and never told i will buy locally in china and ship it...My capabilities is limited to shipping part only.

Always hatred will be spread if somebody spoil their business:p:p

Yeah and the same was confirmed and discussed openly in the thread which led to the mods banning the account. He is indeed an enthusiast first and his passion towards this hobby is what led him to invest in this business. He did feel very bad for loosing his account and all the contacts he made through the forum. I asked him to create a new account but he said will try his best to convince mods and get his account back but never received any response from mods.Now that his account his banned I think it’s best to not talk about him. May be if you both have had this argument personally you both would have ended up liking each other hahaha
Forum is there to write what we cannot personally talk to unknown persons, which is it happened...

I just tried to support long term members who is pursuing the hobby to my best extent.... May be as a dealer if he has extended his arms to get the things near to the group buy price who is going to take the head ache of getting imported and distributing to all members. He lost an opportunity by questioning unnecessary information which he thought google will hide.

The forum is in full glory just five years back and lost it charm like few members spoil the party which made the senior members here to stay away from educating the new members questions. Fantastic discussion were going on in stereo and ended with mostly mods locked the thread...

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back